Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2022, 09:46 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,187,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Yes, spiritual Israel is now Gods chosen--They serve a single being God-YHWH(Jehovah) just like Israel did.
Spiritual Israel has always only been Gods chosen. National political Israel was only a type, a picture not Cods chosen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2022, 05:36 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Spiritual Israel has always only been Gods chosen. National political Israel was only a type, a picture not Cods chosen.
The religion of Israel is cut off of being Gods chosen-Matt 23:38. The renting of the banner when Jesus died signified that fact as well.

Old 01-19-2022, 07:04 AM

Loved them while dead in sin !

Because God Loved His Chosen while they were dead in sin Eph 2:4-5, That's evidence that they belonged to Him and were even then His Sons 1 Jn 3:1

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

So they are His Sons both Places 1 Jn 3:1 and Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

This Great Love and the What Manner of Love 1 Jn 3:1 is the same Love of God and for the same objects, His Sons !

The Love of God for them in 1 Jn 3:1 is no Greater for them than it is for them in 1 Jn 3:1, if Sons here, then Son's there.

This proves that to be a lie which states believers were not Sons of God before Faith, that's equivalent to saying that they were Not Loved by the Father before Faith, which would contradict Eph 2:4-5

4 But God[The Father], who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ[The Son], (by grace ye are saved )

Old 01-19-2022, 07:18 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times
Quote:
Loved them while dead in sin !

Because God Loved His Chosen while they were dead in sin Eph 2:4-5, That's evidence that they belonged to Him and were even then His Sons 1 Jn 3:1

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

So they are His Sons both Places 1 Jn 3:1 and Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

This Great Love and the What Manner of Love 1 Jn 3:1 is the same Love of God and for the same objects, His Sons !

The Love of God for them in 1 Jn 3:1 is no Greater for them than it is for them in 1 Jn 3:1, if Sons here, then Son's there.

This proves that to be a lie which states believers were not Sons of God before Faith, that's equivalent to saying that they were Not Loved by the Father before Faith, which would contradict Eph 2:4-5

4 But God[The Father], who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ[The Son], (by grace ye are saved )

Yes God loves--But Hebrews 10:26 is clear--No sacrifice left for any who practice a sin.

Old 01-19-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Yes God loves--But Hebrews 10:26 is clear--No sacrifice left for any who practice a sin.
God Loved His Chosen while they were dead in sin Eph 2:4-5,

Old 01-19-2022, 02:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
God Loved His Chosen while they were dead in sin Eph 2:4-5,
So you read John 3:16 like this.... For God so loved the chosen ? When he said whosever, do you think that nails it down to meaning the chosen, or perhaps whoever of the chosen believes ? You are full of pride due to the belief in such an arrogant doctrine.

Old 01-20-2022, 07:47 AM

Jeremiah 31:3

Jer 31:3

3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Those whom God Loved in Christ from Everlasting, or before the world began Jn 17:23-24

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them [The Church], as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

The very same are drawn to God effectually ! Now by saying therefore, that gives us the signal that the drawing was due to the Everlasting Love, which is only in Christ Jesus Our Lord Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This Love of God is exclusive, no other Love does God have save that which is in Christ Jesus ! This Love is founded in Eternal Election in Christ, or we cannot be Loved by God from Everlasting, no one can ! And if we were, without doubt He will draw us to Himself, He will quicken us Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us [Jer 31:3],

If God Loved us, then He saves us by His Grace !

Old 01-20-2022, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So you read John 3:16 like this.... For God so loved the chosen ? When he said whosever, do you think that nails it down to meaning the chosen, or perhaps whoever of the chosen believes ? You are full of pride due to the belief in such an arrogant doctrine.
Yes Gods Love is limited to His Chosen.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:57 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
So the world Jesus was referring to was a chosen world and the whosoever believes is a chosen one too, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and a savage manipulation of the scriptures.

Old 01-20-2022, 02:33 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So the world Jesus was referring to was a chosen world and whosoever believes is a chosen one too, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and a savage manipulation of the scriptures.
The idea that God's love is limited in any way is preposterous. God's love is infinite and for even the least of His creations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity