Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2022, 02:48 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,915,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
God Loved His Chosen while they were dead in sin Eph 2:4-5,
They must do this-Matt 23:39--they outright refuse. Its been over 1950 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2022, 07:18 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,096 times
Quote:
Yes Gods Love is limited to His Chosen.
To say God does NOT love the majority of people is blasphemy against God if you knew what you were saying but you will get off the hook because God forgives those who do not know what they are doing or saying. How anyone can claim God hates sinners or the non-chosen , wow, just not true.

Old 01-21-2022, 09:05 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
The World of John 3:16

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The World here God so loved, sorry, but its not all mankind without exception, but all mankind without distinction, and those of mankind that are the Son's of God. Now how do we know this ? Because if God so loved us, then we are the Sons of God 1 Jn 3:1

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Now the Word gave in Jn 3:16 is the greek word didÅmi nd its the same word bestowed in 1 Jn 3:1 !

For the Love of God and its objects are the same in both instances,The Son's or Children of God !

So one cannot be So Loved by God and not be a Child of His. It's God's Son's and His Brethren that Christ came to redeem Gal 4:5

But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

To receive the Adoption of Sons means that it [Sonship] will become public and declared openly !

And because the redemption price has been paid by the blood of Elder Brother Christ, the Sons receive the Spirit of Adoption in their Hearts Gal 4:6

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

With the reception of the Spirit of Adoption in our hearts [which is New Birth also], we now have the Right and Privilege to be declared the Children of God y Our Believing in our Elder Brother Christ, which is John's point here Jn 1:12-13

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

That word sons as in sons of God in Jn 1:12 is the same greek word for sons in 1 Jn 3:1

Its also the same word used here when those whom by His death shall be gathered are pointed out Jn 11:52

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together[by His Death] in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

And that's who God so Loved and bestowed His Son upon, the World of His Children.

And no, all men are not God's children, their distinct identifying manifestation shall be Faith in their Elder Brother who redeemed them back to God. Gal 3:26

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

And those in Jn 3:16 believing in the Son, are the children of God whom God So Loved !

Old 01-21-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So the world Jesus was referring to was a chosen world and the whosoever believes is a chosen one too, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, and a savage manipulation of the scriptures.
Yes a Chosen world, men and women chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Old 01-21-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
To say God does NOT love the majority of people is blasphemy against God if you knew what you were saying but you will get off the hook because God forgives those who do not know what they are doing or saying. How anyone can claim God hates sinners or the non-chosen , wow, just not true.
You can call it what you will, God doesnt love all men, only those He chose in Christ before the foundation.

Scripture says God hates individuals. Didnt God hate esau Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

He hates all the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Old 01-21-2022, 09:37 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
You can call it what you will, God doesnt love all men, only those He chose in Christ before the foundation.

Scripture says God hates individuals. Didnt God hate esau Rom 9:13

He hates all the workers of iniquity Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Your war god may not have the capacity to forgive sins and not have meltdowns over the sin of men, but without a shadow of doubt, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, it is the nature of God to restore man back to his true identity and the glory he fell from. I have seen amazing acts of unconditional forgiveness, even from unbelievers, so then, how much more your Heavenly Father ? Sin is not an issue with God, not even pride, but your fall from your pride in this belief of being chosen rather than hated of God is coming to you and it is not going to be pretty.

Old 01-21-2022, 12:32 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Your war god may not have the capacity to forgive sins and not have meltdowns over the sin of men, but without a shadow of doubt, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, it is the nature of God to restore man back to his true identity and the glory he fell from. I have seen amazing acts of unconditional forgiveness, even from unbelievers, so then, how much more your Heavenly Father ? Sin is not an issue with God, not even pride, but your fall from your pride in this belief of being chosen rather than hated of God is coming to you and it is not going to be pretty.
The refinement for leading others astray is definitely NOT going to be pleasant!

Old 01-21-2022, 04:15 PM

Quote:
I show you scripture and you just ignore it, not good.

Old 01-21-2022, 04:17 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
I show you scripture and you just ignore it, not good.
I show you scripture and the keywords In the scriptures that I share you replace with "chosen".

Old 01-22-2022, 03:04 PM

Loved and Chosen !

We know that God did not and does not Love all men without exception for the simple fact, all men without exception are not His Elect or Chosen People. For Election is the fruit of God's Love Deut 7:6-7

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Again, those Loved or Beloved by God are chosen to Salvation 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Deut 14:2

2 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himselflf, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

Of course this is manifested in the Church Titus 2:14

14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Yes those who are Beloved of God 2 Thess 2:13 are the same as here John 3:16, and as such they were from the beginning chosen to Salvation; For no one can be Loved by God and not be of His Chosen Deut 7:6-7 and Chosen to Salvation through Jesus Christ, and we should know that all mankind without exception are not His Chosen, because the Chosen automatically indicates the rejection of others, the rest that are not chosen, not Loved, expressed in the Words, Jacob have I Loved, esau have I hated Rom 9:13

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity