Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2022, 12:08 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Ps 5:5 is scripture, Gods word ! You reject it. For it is written 2 Tim 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: This was written in NT times, however scripture would have been OT scripture Paul is referring to !
.... and to me, John, who wrote last after Paul, John backs up ALL of Scripture including what Jesus taught .
- Revelation 22:18-19; 1st John 4:3; 2nd John 1:9.

Jesus taught as OT Scripture being 'religious truth' at John 17:17 and Jesus used those old Hebrew Scriptures to explain and expound them to us. It would then seem Paul was including what Jesus taught about the OT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 12:21 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
............... Scripture shows God hates some people Ps 5:5
I find it is the behavior of some people - Romans 12:9 to hate what is wicked.
Don't be like the people of Psalm 11:5 B. They don't hate what God hates - Proverbs 6:16-17
Not be like the people found at Genesis 6:5.
Not be like Esau was - Romans 9:13; Malachi 1:3; Hebrews 12:16
But to 'repent' if one does not want to 'perish' ( be destroyed - Psalms 92:7; 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22 )

Old 01-27-2022, 07:21 AM

4,641 posts, read 1,187,026 times
In the day of Judgment, many false teachers will be delt with in strict Justice as James points out James 3:1

My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

That is if we prove to be false teachers, then we shall be held at a higher accountability before God in that day !

One of popular false teachings today is that God Loved or Loves all mankind without exception, and this arrogant assumption is no where found in the scripture, but in fact the very opposite is taught. Most false teachers use Jn 3:16 to promote their deception, when in Fact Jn 3:16 says nothing about Loving everyone [without exception] in the world, not even close. Yes it does say for God so Loved the World, but it does not say For God so loved everyone in the world without exception. A Man's World is His Family, that's who God so Loved, the World of the Sons of God 1 Jn 3:1

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Now is the whole world without exception the Sons of God ? No way ! Remember Jesus told some jews one day Jn 8:42-44

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Jesus points out Two different Fathers, God is a Father, and the devil is a father, God Loves those that Love Jesus, and by that Love they have for Him, it gives evidence that God Loves them.

Paul wrote 1 Cor 16:21-24

21 The salutation of me Paul with mine own hand.

22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

23 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

24 My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Now, who would be foolish enough to suppose that Paul would denounce as accursed those that He Knew God Loved ?

In fact, who would Paul wish this upon if He was suppose to Love them according to the golden rule ?

Now lets look briefly at the words Anathema Maranatha ! The Greek words anathema:

a votive offering, a thing devoted to God; a curse, the thing cursed.

Its used in Gal 1:8-9

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

and marana tha:

(Aramaic), either: Our Lord hath come, or: Our Lord cometh (will come, is at hand).

Now the ISM reads:If anyone doesn't love the Lord, let him be condemned! May our Lord come!

Whoever does not love our Lord Yeshua The Messiah, let him be damned. our Lord has come.

I believe that Paul is saying, let those who are not Loving Our Lord Jesus Christ be condemned and cursed at His Coming !

Now this is key, why doesn't Paul say Love them and Pray for them ? Why doesn't he say Pray for their conversion to Christ ?

This we know, if a man does not Love God and or Christ who is God Manifested in the flesh, then there is no evidence of God having loved that man, for John writes 1 Jn 4:19

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

That's a stated fact, because if God Loved us, He gives us His Spirit and circumcised hearts to Love Him Rom 5:5

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Deut 30:6

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

That's Spiritual Circumcision from the New Birth Rom 2:28-29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

You see, everyone God so Loved and Christ died for in Jn 3:16 is guaranteed to receive this Circumcision and begin to Love God in Christ !

All such are the True Sons of God !10

Old 01-27-2022, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find it is the behavior of some people - Romans 12:9 to hate what is wicked.
Don't be like the people of Psalm 11:5 B. They don't hate what God hates - Proverbs 6:16-17
Not be like the people found at Genesis 6:5.
Not be like Esau was - Romans 9:13; Malachi 1:3; Hebrews 12:16
But to 'repent' if one does not want to 'perish' ( be destroyed - Psalms 92:7; 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22 )
God hates the person doing the iniquity Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Old 01-27-2022, 07:53 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
God hates the person doing the iniquity Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
All I ever see you post on here is religious iniquity, so things don't bode very well for you according to your own doctrine.

Old 01-28-2022, 08:07 AM

Now, the reason why the false teachers shall be under more condemnation, because more than likely they have been showed from scripture that God does not Love all mankind without exception , however its because they want to hold to their idol of freewill, and glory in their decision making ability, they reject the clear truth of scripture by rationalizing it away .

Its impossible that all men without exception are said to be the objects of God's Love for many reasons in Jn 3:16, first and foremost because it does not say that in first place for it is perverted into the text.

Now in addition it cannot even mean that God Loved Loved every individual without exception because it is written Mal 1:2-3

The burden of the word of the Lord to Israel by Malachi.

2 I have loved you, saith the Lord. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the Lord: yet I loved Jacob,

3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Now if God and His Word makes such a plain declaration that God said He hath hated esau, why do some pervert the text in Jn 3:16 and say that God Loves all individuals in mankind without exception ?

This is evidence that those who teach the universal love of God for all individuals, that they have no reverence for God's Truth, no fear of God !

Old 01-29-2022, 04:22 AM

There is no reason to believe that God Loved all mankind without exception, if He did, and He is Immutable, then we must conclude that the rebroabte who have died hating God as all men by nature do, that they are now in the eternally damned state still Loved by God ! If He does not still Love them, then He is mutable, which is blasphemous to think !

Now, did God Love Pharoah Rom 9:17

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

How about Sihon king of Heshbon Deut 2:30

But Sihon king of Heshbon would not let us pass by him: for the Lord thy God hardened his spirit, and made his heart obstinate, that he might deliver him into thy hand, as appeareth this day.

Did God Love these people whose hearts He hardened against Joshua ? Josh 11:20

20 For it was of the Lord to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the Lord commanded Moses.

Did God Love the Amalekites Ex 17:14

14 And the Lord said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.

How about the Canaanites, did God Love that people ? Deut 20:16-18
16 But of the cities of these people, which the Lord thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:

17 But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee:

18 That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the Lord your God.

Does God Love the workers of Iniquity ? Ps 5:5

What about those He Created for destruction, the Wicked and the Vessels of Wrath, does God Love them ? Prov 16:4

4 The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Rom 9:22

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Job 21:30

That the wicked is reserved to the day of destruction? they shall be brought forth to the day of wrath.

Is God Merciful to those He hardens for destruction Rom 9:18

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

If God so Loved all humanity as in every individual without exception, then we must answer in the affirmative for the above, and we must conclude that His Love is the same now for the reprobated dead as it has always been, unless we charge Him with being mutable Mal 3:6

For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Old 01-29-2022, 12:36 PM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
All I ever see you post on here is religious iniquity, so things don't bode very well for you according to your own doctrine.
Brightfame is unable, like most of us, to comprehend the Divine. I certainly have enormous difficulty ever actually loving those who cruelly do evil, but that is because I am human and NOT divine. He thinks God is limited by his inability to see how God could ever love those who do evil or ever repair the damage they do and change them.

Old 01-29-2022, 01:32 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Brightfame is unable, like most of us, to comprehend the Divine. I certainly have enormous difficulty ever actually loving those who cruelly do evil, but that is because I am human and NOT divine. He thinks God is limited by his inability to see how God could ever love those who do evil or ever repair the damage they do and change them.
This is not aimed at you …. It is just me developing my ‘thoughts’ on your interactions with brightfame

We are all limited and none of us are able to fully comprehend ‘divinity’

We all perceive it through our own lens of humanity

1Co 13:1**Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
1Co 13:2**And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3**And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1Co 13:12**For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
1Co 13:13**And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

We are all, everyone of us, in that now stage, we are not at the promised ‘then’ stage yet

Jews, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, etc are all still looking for the ‘then’ stage, the fulfillment of the promise that has been written into their respective writings which all have the same symbolism, metaphors, allegory embedded within

We are still at the ‘before’ stage

Gal 3:23**But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
Gal 3:24**Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25**But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26**For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27**For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28**There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29**And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rom 8:18**For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19**For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20**For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21**Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22**For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23**And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Rom 8:24**For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25**But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 01-29-2022 at 01:47 PM..

Old 01-29-2022, 01:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I was only thinking last last night how we(very much myself too) limit God and bring him down to our limited power. Yet you read a scripture like this and not only see that he is more than able, but it is according to His power working in us.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity