Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2022, 09:52 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The arrogance of these posts of yours, depicting yourself to be one of the chosen over the misfortune of others not being, for no other reason than God loved a few but hated many, is staggering.
I cant even make heads or tails out of what dude is trying to say.

" Backsliding?"

Lol, from what?

Dude cant even produce a list of do's and donts, so why is he the righteous sheep and every one else the lawless goat?

Heck, maybe he doesnt sin.

The irony of this guy, he quotes scriptures speaking of iniquity, but iniquity is transgressions against God's law.

I guess he gets to decide what sin is and what it isn't, since he doesn't sin, we need to find out how to do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2022, 04:16 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,184,757 times
The Loved experience a time of Love from God !

We know that God did not so love all men without exception, because He did not quicken all men without exception out of being spiritually dead in trespasses and sins as He does for them He so Loved in Christ, observe Eph 2:4-5

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

What was being dead in sins ? Its that which Paul describes in Vs 2-3 :

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Its that walk and behaviour that constitutes man by nature dead in sins, and those God so Loved Jn 3:16 are quickened out of that !

Yes they are quickened out of that which includes unbelief, disobedience, and enmity of mind as in Col 1:21

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

But those men and women He so Loved Jn 3:16 He quickened them together with Christ Eph 2:4-5; this was also seen from OT scripture here Ezk 16:6-8

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

7 I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy nakedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.

This is describing Eph 2:2-5, and all whom God so Loved has a time of Love, that is when God applies His Love to those He Loves when He sees and saves them out of their miserable condition they are in by nature !

All for whom He so Loved Jn 3:16 are by Him saved from a Spiritually dead state, and that solely by quickening Grace out of His Spirit, it had nothing to do with them repenting, believing, obeying, willing, but because of His Great Love wherewith He Loved them, He saw them dead in sin, and said with His Sovereign Voice of the Spirit :

6 And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.

And that was :

8 Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love;

Old 02-06-2022, 04:57 AM

1,014 posts, read 480,433 times
We're not in the tribulation period. What's to think about?

Old 02-06-2022, 09:47 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The arrogance of these posts of yours, depicting yourself to be one of the chosen over the misfortune of others not being, for no other reason than God loved a few but hated many, is staggering.
The beliefs of Brightfame are not just arrogant, pcamps. The serpent seed doctrine is pure evil and promotes all the worst evils of human bigotry and divisiveness. God and Jesus have nothing in common with what Brightfame believes.

Old 02-06-2022, 11:27 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The beliefs of Brightfame are not just arrogant, pcamps. The serpent seed doctrine is pure evil and promotes all the worst evils of human bigotry and divisiveness. God and Jesus have nothing in common with what Brightfame believes.

Yes, I know all about the serpent seed. There was an American preacher called William Branham who taught this and much of what Brightfame believes.

Old 02-07-2022, 07:20 AM

The World in Jn 3:16 is not all mankind without exception !

Jn 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

This world that God so Loved is not all mankind without exception as the false religionists do thrust upon us, but it is the World of all the Gathered Children of God Jn 11:52

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Those whom God so loved, The Children fof God 1 Jn 3:1

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Old 02-08-2022, 08:12 AM

The Lord loveth the righteous!

Ps 146:8

The Lord openeth the eyes of the blind: the Lord raiseth them that are bowed down: the Lord loveth the righteous:

Now, are all without exception the Righteous ? There is no proof from scripture that God Loves anyone that He does not consider The Righteous.

Oh yes for sure God Loves sinners Rom 5:8

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

But, notice something about these sinners ! Christ died for them !

Thats Key to understanding something, which is this, All the sinners God Loved, Christ died for, are by that Death, also called His Obedience unto Death Phil 2:8, by that they are made Righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

So thats evidence and proof that God Loveth the Righteous, for His Love makes them Righteous through the Obedience of Christ !

If any fall into this category 1 Cor 6:9

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

That means Two things, That God did not Love them, and that Christ did not die for them, because if He did, they shall be made Righteous !

Old 02-08-2022, 11:49 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Default God is love, but what will determine survival through the great tribulation?

The answer is easy. It is loving God and each other every day and repenting when we fail.

Old 02-08-2022, 11:51 AM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The answer is easy. It is loving God and each other every day and repenting when we fail.
.... and obedience as in obeying what is written at Isaiah 26:20

Old 02-08-2022, 11:58 AM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
We're not in the tribulation period. What's to think about?
What is to think about is: being Alert ( world needs more Lerts
Being alert and being watchful (awake) as Jesus instructed at Mark 13:33-37
Think about 1st Thess. 5:2-3 because when the powers in charge are saying, " Peace and Security..." that is the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14,9.
The figurative humble ' sheep ' at Jesus' coming Glory Time (Matthew 25:31-33,37) will do as Isaiah 26:20 says to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity