Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2022, 12:21 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
.... and obedience as in obeying what is written at Isaiah 26:20
Obey Oschmey!! The ONLY purpose of obedience to our Father is to LEARN how to become what we are supposed to become, NOT to sate our Father's nonexistent ego as the "Boss." Once we LEARN, there is no need for the so-called "laws" or obedience because we will be becoming what we are supposed to become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2022, 04:47 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The answer is easy. It is loving God and each other every day and repenting when we fail.

Jesussummed it up in a single teaching--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God. That proves ones love. Learning and living by those utterances over self.

Old 02-08-2022, 05:03 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesussummed it up in a single teaching--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God. That proves ones love. Learning and living by those utterances over self.
Learning what God wants us to BECOME from those utterances is our task. Jesus summed it up in two utterances - Love God and each other. We are to BECOME agape loving and forgiving like Jesus on the Cross, NOT follow a bunch of rules like pets in an obedience course.

Old 02-09-2022, 07:27 AM

4,624 posts, read 1,168,990 times
Who are the objects of His Everlasting Love ?

Who are the objects of God's Love from Everlasting ? It is written Jer 31:3

3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

To whom is this meant ? I have Loved thee with an Everlasting or Eternal Love !

Its none other that the Church, the Body of Christ meant here ! Its as when Jesus prayed these words regarding members of His Body Jn 17:23-24

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

The reason why this could be said, "The Father Loved them as He Loved Christ His Beloved Son, before the foundation of the World, its because His Church was in a Elective Union with Him, and therefore Loved in Him, Christ Jesus Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This Love of God is exclusive, its preceded by the definite article, there is no other Love of God save that which is in Union with Christ Jesus !

Some may contend that Jesus means His Disciples in Jn 17, which is correct, however it doesn't mean only the Disciples to whom He was speaking, because they were part of an whole Elect society, the Body of Christ 1 Cor 12:12

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Rom 12:5

So we[Apostles/believers], being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

So God's Love for His Son, who by God is the Head of His Body the Church, necessitated that He Loved the entirety of His Son equally, so hence we have Jn 17:23-24.

This Love of God was in Christ Jesus, and time and eternity cannot separate His Members from it, If we are of the Church, the Elect Rom 8:33,37-39,

So that's who is being referred to in Jer 31:3, and to think its referring to any Love of God outside the Church which is In Christ Jesus, He being its Head, is error and foolish !

Old 02-09-2022, 10:07 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Who are the objects of His Everlasting Love ?

Who are the objects of God's Love from Everlasting ? It is written Jer 31:3

3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

To whom is this meant ? I have Loved thee with an Everlasting or Eternal Love !

Its none other that the Church, the Body of Christ meant here ! Its as when Jesus prayed these words regarding members of His Body Jn 17:23-24

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

The reason why this could be said, "The Father Loved them as He Loved Christ His Beloved Son, before the foundation of the World, its because His Church was in a Elective Union with Him, and therefore Loved in Him, Christ Jesus Rom 8:39

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This Love of God is exclusive, its preceded by the definite article, there is no other Love of God save that which is in Union with Christ Jesus !

Some may contend that Jesus means His Disciples in Jn 17, which is correct, however it doesn't mean only the Disciples to whom He was speaking, because they were part of an whole Elect society, the Body of Christ 1 Cor 12:12

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Rom 12:5

So we[Apostles/believers], being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

So God's Love for His Son, who by God is the Head of His Body the Church, necessitated that He Loved the entirety of His Son equally, so hence we have Jn 17:23-24.

This Love of God was in Christ Jesus, and time and eternity cannot separate His Members from it, If we are of the Church, the Elect Rom 8:33,37-39,

So that's who is being referred to in Jer 31:3, and to think its referring to any Love of God outside the Church which is In Christ Jesus, He being its Head, is error and foolish !
I can say without any doubt that you are not experiencing any of this love, it is impossible for you to do so when you hold your fellow man with such appalling disrespectful opinions about them. All such bible verses are just stroking your ego.

Old 02-09-2022, 10:53 AM

pc camps

Quote:
I can say without any doubt that you are not experiencing any of this love,
Isnt that personal towards me ? I have never said to anyone personally they arent loved by God because I dont know.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:52 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
pc camps

Isnt that personal towards me ? I have never said to anyone personally they arent loved by God because I dont know.
Calling folk depraved is insulting and offensive to many unless they are thick skinned, like myself.

Old 02-09-2022, 01:01 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
pc camps

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Calling folk depraved is insulting and offensive to many unless they are thick skinned, like myself.
People generally do not see or understand the consequences of their own influence (or what has influenced them and their own perspective/view) as a lot of it is not immediate and observable in the now, it is over time that the results/fruit become apparent and by then the damage has been done and the consequences are far reaching

Old 02-10-2022, 07:20 AM

Whom the Lord Loveth, He chastens !

This fact alone is proof that God does not Love all men without exception, because as it is written Heb 12:6-7

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Are all Sons ? Of course not some are bastards, neither are all Loved by God !

Rev 3:19

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Jesus specifically says here "As many as I love" I chasten !

Why doesnt He just say, I love all without exception, so i will chasten all without exception ? The very fact that He qualifies whom He Loves by saying "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten" proves that His Love is Limited to an exact amount of Sons !

Who is it limited to ? Lets look at Heb 12:7

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Why its the Sons of God Gal 4:6

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Now everyone Christ died for and redeemed automatically received the Adoption of Sons Gal 4:4-5

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that[hina purpose clause] we might receive the adoption of son

And because that was so, God sends forth the Spirit of His Son in our hearts !

And none are the Sons whom God is not the Father of as implied when Jesus spoke to certain jews Jn 8:42

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

We may safely conclude therefore that none who do not come to Love Christ, of which Paul writes of them 1 Cor 16:22

22 If any man[jew or gentile,black or white] love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

Because they are not Sons, and Not Loved by God ! They are exempt from being any of these Jn 3:16 !

Old 02-10-2022, 11:14 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Learning what God wants us to BECOME from those utterances is our task. Jesus summed it up in two utterances - Love God and each other. We are to BECOME agape loving and forgiving like Jesus on the Cross, NOT follow a bunch of rules like pets in an obedience course.

One can do it Gods way or their own way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity