Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2022, 12:56 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This is so disgustingly devilishly wrong it is untrue . The love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord is where and how God demonstrates it to the world, for Jesus Christ is the exact representation of all that God IS. Hey 1:3. Another verse you are completely taking out of context. While we were YET sinners Christ died for us, in other words we were loved by him at the worst, Paul tried to make this point by saying he was the chief of sinners, basically saying, that if God can even love me AT MY WORST, then there is no reason whatsoever to doubt you are loved.
The strongest indication that God's love is nowhere in you is when you are in the human states of mind like hatred, greed, lust, envy, and any of the OPPOSITE states of mind of those associated with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as divinely revealed by Jesus, God Himself, on the Cross!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 02:20 PM

4,639 posts, read 1,187,026 times
Quote:
It is in Christ and outwardly demonstrated to the world. It is your exclusiveness that would have the gullible believe God hates the world how you believe.
One has to have been in Christ to be the object of Gods Love. Its the only love God have. And all are not in Christ. They are hated Rom 9:13
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:52 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,312,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
One has to have been in Christ to be the object of Gods Love. Its the only love God have. And all are not in Christ. They are hated Rom 9:13
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
You are so short sited it is untrue. So tell me this, with whose love do you love your enemies with?

What is wrong with your Calvinists ?

We have another Cainist on another thread saying man cannot see the light because of sin, I guess this verse is not in his bible

The people which sat in darkness saw great light
; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. Matt 4:16

Old 02-17-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
You are so short sited it is untrue. So tell me this, with whose love do you love your enemies with?

What is wrong with your Calvinists ?

We have another Cainist on another thread saying man cannot see the light because of sin, I guess this verse is not in his bible

The people which sat in darkness saw great light
; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. Matt 4:16
Gods Love is exclusively in Christ. All are not in Christ, for instance the children of the devil arent in Christ. 1 Jn 3 10

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Is the devil in Christ ? Did God Love him and give His Son to die for him and his children ?

Old 02-17-2022, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Gods Love is exclusively in Christ. All are not in Christ, for instance the children of the devil arent in Christ. 1 Jn 3 10

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Is the devil in Christ ? Did God Love him and give His Son to die for him and his children ?
Jesus called the scribes and pharisees children of hell and of their father the devil, but many of them were cut to the heart to hear and see they were instrumental in having Jesus crucified.

Old 02-17-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Jesus called the scribes and pharisees children of hell and of their father the devil, but many of them were cut to the heart to hear and see they were instrumental in having Jesus crucified.
The ones that Jesus called children of the devil and serpents, He said they will not escape the damnation of hell Matt 23:33

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

The jews that were saved were never children of the devil, they were children of God. God saves His children, but not the children of the devil.

Old 02-17-2022, 03:23 PM

Quote:
The ones that Jesus called children of the devil and serpents, He said they will not escape the damnation of hell Matt 23:33

Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

The jews that were saved were never children of the devil, they were children of God. God saves His children, but not the children of the devil.
In the state that they were in. Paul said he was the worst of sinners .... Where do you think the worst of sinners should end up if they don't repent ?

Haha, serpent seed, I forgot you were of that evil doctrine too.

Old 02-17-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
In the state that they were in. Paul said he was the worst of sinners .... Where do you think the worst of sinners should end up if they don't repent ?

Haha, serpent seed, I forgot you were of that evil doctrine too.
See those jews that were saved on the day of pentecost and any other day, they were blessed to have been chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world in Love, just like the Apostle Paul who once hated Christ and would kill Chrisitans, but he was never the seed of the serpent.

Old 02-17-2022, 03:46 PM

Quote:
See those jews that were saved on the day of pentecost and any other day, they were blessed to have been chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world in Love, just like the Apostle Paul who once hated Christ and would kill Chrisitans, but he was never the seed of the serpent.
You were just saying a minute ago that those that Jesus called children of hell and of their father the devil that they could not escape damnation.

Old 02-17-2022, 03:49 PM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Catholicism did. Centuries ago. In Columbus' day the teaching was that the world was flat. They as well put Galileo under house arrest for the remaining years of his life, for heresy, for saying the earth rotated daily and it rotated around the sun. They said it went against what the bible teaches. They lived in darkness, and it NEVER got light. Yet no one will believe they translated errors in to fit false council teachings.
Columbus did not think the earth was flat. He just thought it was much smaller than it actually is.

You sure seem hung up on translation errors that do not exist, while ignoring all the ones that do exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity