Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2021, 01:44 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Do you believe that he loves you? If so, why not everyone else?
You are not supposed to ask the special people why they are special, Jer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2021, 02:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Do you believe that he loves you? If so, why not everyone else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are not supposed to ask the special people why they are special, Jer.
There are no special snowflakes - all people are unique in their own way.
Although, some are more foolish than others - believing the are special.

Old 11-06-2021, 03:22 AM

4,639 posts, read 1,187,026 times
To teach that God Loved all men without exception by faulty understanding of Jn 3:16, is to overlook that God's Love is grounded in Christ and not apart from Him.

Rom 8:39

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Thats right, we must not understand Jn 3:16 apart from Rom 8:39

Now, with this in mind, If God Loved all men without exception in Christ Jesus, then all men without exception could claim to be recipients of this declaration from the mouth of Christ Jn 17:23-24

23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

This is a declaration that all True Believers in Christ were Loved by the Father in the same manner as He loved the Son, and that being before the foundation of the world.

Now, if those who recklessly teach that God Loves all men without exception, then they have all been loved to the same manner of extent as Christ has been loved even from before the foundation, and yet many of them so loved by God, will be cast into the lake of fire with the devil and his angels.

And many of them so loved will hear Him whom they were Loved in before the foundation say these words Matt 7:23

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

or these words Matt 25:41

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

They will be called ye cursed even though they had supposedly been Loved by God in Him, before the world began

All these conclusions are merited because men will not bow to scripture testimony that God only loved some of mankind and not all.

Old 11-06-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
To teach that God Loved all men without exception by faulty understanding of Jn 3:16, is to overlook that God's Love is grounded in Christ and not apart from Him.

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This is where your car goes off the road. Romans 8:39 tells us that the love of God IS IN Jesus so we are to realize that the wrath and vengeance nonsense of our primitive ancestors is WRONG. God IS agape love and forgiveness, no need to appease Him for anything. But that does not relieve us of the responsibility to reap whatever we sow.
Quote:
Now, with this in mind, If God Loved all men without exception in Christ Jesus, then all men without exception could claim to be recipients of this declaration from the mouth of Christ Jn 17:23-24

23I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

This is a declaration that all True Believers in Christ were Loved by the Father in the same manner as He loved the Son, and that being before the foundation of the world.
We CAN claim to be recipients because the love of God IS IN Jesus and He loved us all, even His torturers and murderers with no wrath or vengeance in Him. He specifically said to forgive us BECAUSE we know not what we do! Nothing in there about True Believers believing anything.

Old 11-06-2021, 03:32 PM

4,639 posts, read 1,187,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is where your car goes off the road. Romans 8:39 tells us that the love of God IS IN Jesus so we are to realize that the wrath and vengeance nonsense of our primitive ancestors is WRONG. God IS agape love and forgiveness, no need to appease Him for anything. But that does not relieve us of the responsibility to reap whatever we sow.
We CAN claim to be recipients because the love of God IS IN Jesus and He loved us all, even His torturers and murderers with no wrath or vengeance in Him. He specifically said to forgive us BECAUSE we know not what we do! Nothing in there about True Believers believing anything.
He Loved some so much He says to them depart from me I never knew you.

Old 11-06-2021, 03:48 PM

614 posts, read 173,278 times
Quote:

Now, if those who recklessly teach that God Loves all men without exception, then they have all been loved to the same manner of extent as Christ has been loved even from before the foundation, and yet many of them so loved by God, will be cast into the lake of fire with the devil and his angels.

And many of them so loved will hear Him whom they were Loved in before the foundation say these words Matt 7:23

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

or these words Matt 25:41

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

They will be called ye cursed even though they had supposedly been Loved by God in Him, before the world began

All these conclusions are merited because men will not bow to scripture testimony that God only loved some of mankind and not all.
Yeah, it would be kind of like the sand of the sea!

Oh, drat, God did promise that.

Last edited by Am I a Prophet; 11-06-2021 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: the writing process

Old 11-06-2021, 04:12 PM

Quote:
He Loved some so much He says to them depart from me I never knew you.
That was referring to the parts of their spirit that are evil or wicked, NOT their entire spirit. That is referred to as refinement in the consuming fire of God's love. Do you think you are all one or the other, MissKate? Do you know anyone you believe is ALL evil or wicked?

Old 11-06-2021, 04:38 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
By "survival" you mean simply staying alive?
God has given us no promise of that. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, tribulation or not.
Nor is there any value in saving our lives at the expense of our soul.
I find at the 10th plague the faithful people stayed alive by following God-given direction to stay home.
Isaiah 26:20 gives us the same direction.
Please notice that the great crowd of Rev. 7:9 come through the great tribulation of Rev. 7:14
They are found alive on Earth and are here alive on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental reign over Earth.
During that thousand years please notice 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8 because our ' last enemy death ' will be brought to nothing. Jesus comes to bring ' healing ' to earth's nations - Rev. 22:2 - No one will say, " I am sick...." as per Isaiah 33:24. Earth and its people will be healthy as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.

Old 11-06-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
......Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
This is a declaration that all True Believers in Christ were Loved by the Father in the same manner as He loved the Son, and that being before the foundation of the world..................
Yes, 'nor any other creature' but 'only the person himself' can remove himself from God's protective hand.
Such as the person who then commits the unforgivable sin of Matthew 12:32;

I find a lot of people think the foundation of the world is speaking about the foundation of the Earth.
At Matthew 23:35 we find Jesus is speaking about the foundation of the world of righteous mankind starting with Abel.
By Abel's faith then Abel was counted as the first righteous person - Hebrews 11:4 - to be the foundation start for us.

Old 11-06-2021, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't believe anyone is promised life through the tribulation, are they?
Yes, the ' great crowd ' is promised life through the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14,9.
They are the figurative other 'sheep' as found at Jesus' coming Time of Separation on Earth at Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity