Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2021, 09:11 PM

3,220 posts, read 926,548 times

Advertisements

Psalm 145:18

“The LORD is near to everyone who calls upon Him, who calls upon Him in truth.”

Calling upon the LORD in truth is using His word because scripture says God’s word is truth.

As Jesus said;

“The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it.”

“Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”

“If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.”

“I have given them the words you gave me and they accepted them…”

“The man who loves me keeps my word and my Father will love him and we will come and dwell within him.”

“My Father is glorified in your bearing much fruit and becoming my disciple.”

A genuine disciple uses God’s word therefore he glorifies the Father and the son.

So with these verses isn’t it clear that for God to hear you, you must speak and post His word?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2021, 04:45 AM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
The Lord's spirits brings discernment of spirits at any time, as if there is a demon around bothering here then God calls out the demon type, so I can immediately rebuke the spirit in Jesus name ...... God does this for protection .... Other times God will help here on my Job and give here tips or insight on Jobs coming up as I could do many different customers work, and with in a very short time the Job is there, gives me time to clear a space for the work before it comes `Glory to God `

Old 11-06-2021, 04:57 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,277,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post

Calling upon the LORD in truth is using His word because scripture says God’s word is truth.

As Jesus said;

“Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”

“If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.”

“The man who loves me keeps my word and my Father will love him and we will come and dwell within him.”

A genuine disciple uses God’s word therefore he glorifies the Father and the son.

So with these verses isn’t it clear that for God to hear you, you must speak and post His word?
Sharing His word is part of being His disciple. We are to teach all nations.

Old 11-06-2021, 06:04 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:

As Jesus said;

Jehovah is near to those who draw close to Him Free.

Old 11-06-2021, 09:15 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Default The LORD is near to whom?

The Lord is near to all of us who love for love is of God and God IS agape love. If you believe that parroting scripture expresses your love of God and each other then that works for you.

1 John 4:7-21 King James Version

7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Old 11-06-2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Jehovah is near to those who draw close to Him Free.
If they draw close via the truth, God’s word, then yes Yahweh will dwell within.

Old 11-06-2021, 10:01 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:

As Jesus said;

So it's a pay to play?

Old 11-06-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Lord is near to all of us who love for love is of God and God IS agape love. If you believe that parroting scripture expresses your love of God and each other then that works for you.

1 John 4:7-21 King James Version

7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
Not man’s emotion of love and kindness. That amounts to nothing and does not glorify God so one is not a true disciple as Jesus said. You can follow those failed Apostles and fake disciples all you want but God’s ways are not mans ways.

You’ll get no revelations in your theology as it is like any pagan religion that rejects the word of the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob for treating people with human kindness not God’s loving kindness that comes from the word given to His servants the prophets.

“I have revealed your name to those you gave me and I will reveal it so that the love you gave to me may be in them and I in them.”

Old 11-06-2021, 10:52 AM

299 posts, read 104,209 times
God's proximity is proportional to how literally one interprets scripture? Is that the point?

Old 11-06-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So it's a pay to play?
As scripture says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity