Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 06:48 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
If you could ask God just ONE question, what would it be?
I as well as MANY, even those from the days of old asked questions. all of the ones I've asked has been answered. one of them was, will this World ever get better? again, my question was answered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 06:54 AM

11,440 posts, read 5,973,383 times
I would ask God, why he made us so weak and have so many faults.

If he made us to love Him, why are we so failed and fallible? I get the free will thing, but why did he make us so doomed to sin by our very nature. Why not make mankind with a bit more noble character and more apt to good and love, and less to selfishness, hatred, and bad character.

When he made us, he populated the world with a lot of immorality and wickedness. Even dogs as a species behave better than we do, with more loyalty and support for each other.

Why did God make us capable of such evil? Why did He do that?

Old 11-12-2021, 07:40 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post

If he made us to love Him, why are we so failed and fallible? I get the free will thing, but why did he make us so doomed to sin by our very nature. Why not make mankind with a bit more noble character and more apt to good and love, and less to selfishness, hatred, and bad character.

When he made us, he populated the world with a lot of immorality and wickedness. Even dogs as a species behave better than we do, with more loyalty and support for each other.

You know the answer to that is in Genesis 3?

Old 11-12-2021, 07:44 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
"What must I do to be saved?"

Not in a general sense; but as in me, personally.

Old 11-12-2021, 07:45 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post

That's easy. In order to be capable of good, a creature must by necessity also be capable of evil. There is no virtue or value in a good act if the creature has no choice but to act in that way.

Mankind was made with the most noble character, perfectly apt to good and love; not at all to selfishness, hatred, or bad character. In sinning, mankind rebelled not only against God, but against his own nature.

Old 11-12-2021, 10:08 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,264,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
The Bible states that God will open His Hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing Ps 145:16. From the time that was recorded, it has not ever happened, therefore it is logical to conclude that will happen when the Kingdom comes. Many of my brothers and sisters in the faith believe that animals will die in the new system, I do not, therefore I would ask God that question, will animals die in the new earth?
I like your question. I’ve often wondered if all the dogs I’ve had and loved in my lifetime will be in heaven. I hope so, but if not, that’s okay. I trust that heaven will be a wonderful place, regardless.

Old 11-12-2021, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

In a way, your question is similar to mine. I would ask Him what am I doing wrong? Or whether or not I’m on the right path.

Old 11-12-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
I as well as MANY, even those from the days of old asked questions. all of the ones I've asked has been answered. one of them was, will this World ever get better? again, my question was answered.
Yes, I get that. I really think most, if not all our questions are answered in Scripture. We just need to search.

Old 11-12-2021, 10:30 AM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

That's the question that the jailer asked Paul and Silas in Acts 16:30. Their answer to him, ''Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household'' (Acts 16:31) In Acts 16:34 the jailer and his whole household believed and were saved.

Old 11-12-2021, 11:25 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,635,887 times
I'd ask:

What is the deal with Adam and Eve? I mean, really!

If I got 2 questions it'd be:

What's the deal with the Nephilim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity