Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 02:04 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
I would ask God, why he made us so weak and have so many faults.

If he made us to love Him, why are we so failed and fallible? I get the free will thing, but why did he make us so doomed to sin by our very nature. Why not make mankind with a bit more noble character and more apt to good and love, and less to selfishness, hatred, and bad character.

When he made us, he populated the world with a lot of immorality and wickedness. Even dogs as a species behave better than we do, with more loyalty and support for each other.

Why did God make us capable of such evil? Why did He do that?
it was a long procedure, first human (Genesis 1) was not perfectly designed it was bicameral not far from animal, Adam had his CNS redesigned into introspective capable recognizing good and evil. Because of defective genetics "5The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually" Noah had Adamic good genetics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2021, 02:06 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
There is no doubt that human beings have the ability to create something - using the imagination.

Old 11-12-2021, 02:16 PM

299 posts, read 104,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
God knows what I mean, lol! For the rest of you, specifically it's original sin via a single couple and an apple.

Many, many people have "trouble" with Adam and Eve, so I'm not alone in that.

While awaiting further light on your question, consider the possibility that the creation story is religious truth presented in the form of myth.

Old 11-12-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
While awaiting further light on your question, consider the possibility that the creation story is religious truth presented in the form of myth.
"consider the possibility that the creation story is religious truth presented in the form of myth." that is it.

Old 11-12-2021, 04:47 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
"consider the possibility that the creation story is religious truth presented in the form of myth." that is it.

Old 11-12-2021, 05:12 PM

11,510 posts, read 6,021,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Do you regret giving "man" free will"? From where I stand, that has been a "train wreck", but maybe I don't see the big picture.
Great question.

Of course God is perfect, so I would hazard a guess He doesn't regret anything He does, since it is all His will and His Plan. Since God is perfect, His plan must also be perfect.

Like you said, we don't have the "big picture".

Old 11-12-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
it was a long procedure, first human (Genesis 1) was not perfectly designed it was bicameral not far from animal, Adam had his CNS redesigned into introspective capable recognizing good and evil. Because of defective genetics "5The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually" Noah had Adamic good genetics.
Well I have to admit, we did get off to a pretty bad start. I mean, Cain was a mass murderer. He murdered 25% of the earth's human population at the time. Even Hitler and Stalin together didn't kill that many people, relatively speaking.

Old 11-12-2021, 05:19 PM

I guess I have another question for God.

Why isn't Satan still a snake?

I mean, if He turned Satan into a snake after Satan caused Eve to eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and then Adam ate it, then why is Satan an evil spirit running around loose through space and time, rather than still a snake crawling on his belly?

I mean, he would do a lot less damage as a snake slowly slithering around from one country to the next. He couldn't do much around the world if he was stuck slithering down Columbus Street in San Francisco.

Or maybe Satan is only so cursed only after Judgment Day. I don't know...

Old 11-12-2021, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Well I have to admit, we did get off to a pretty bad start. I mean, Cain was a mass murderer. He murdered 25% of the earth's human population at the time. Even Hitler and Stalin together didn't kill that many people, relatively speaking.
consider that Bible first of all is guide of improving of human consciousness.
that is why bad things needing fixing are clearly shown, Cain, Sons of Israel betraying their brother Josef e.t.c.

Old 11-13-2021, 05:28 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
I like your question. I’ve often wondered if all the dogs I’ve had and loved in my lifetime will be in heaven. I hope so, but if not, that’s okay. I trust that heaven will be a wonderful place, regardless.

There is no entry in the record of animals being in heaven maam. Animals were created on the earth, even before humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity