Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2021, 07:16 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
There is not an issue if you simply choose to call any unscientific claims as miracles . You move outside the realm of reality into fantasy . If you choose to live as an adult in the modern age in the fantasy world of nomads from the Bronze Age, that is your right .

Those circumstances have already happened . They aren’t going to change . We have the science to determine if the flood happened . This science shows it didn’t . Later scientific advances aren’t going to change this . But you live in a fantasy world anyway so what does it matter ?
If you've stubbornly made up your mind and reject anything new, then I guess we're done here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 07:24 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,020,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
If you've stubbornly made up your mind and reject anything new, then I guess we're done here.
"Made up your mind and reject anything new", that's exactly what you have done in regards to Noah's Flood.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
"Made up your mind and reject anything new", that's exactly what you have done in regards to Noah's Flood.
As have you. You're quite fundamentalist in a religious sense about it.

Old 11-23-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
As have you. You're quite fundamentalist in a religious sense about it.
Nope. Of someone can show that a world wide flood occurred during the time period we are talking about, I'll admit that it occurred. Can you say the same thing about it not happening?

Old 11-23-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Nope. Of someone can show that a world wide flood occurred during the time period we are talking about, I'll admit that it occurred. Can you say the same thing about it not happening?
Sure. Knock yourself out. PROVE it.

Old 11-23-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Sure. Knock yourself out. PROVE it.
You'll have to state what you want me to prove.

Old 11-23-2021, 08:17 AM

1,799 posts, read 563,200 times
Quote:
Being as we prove every day that science works, yes I have made my mind up. Based on over a century of solid evidence provided by science that it woks .

You base your worldview on unprovable fantasy written by nomads of the Bronze Age

Old 11-23-2021, 09:30 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
You see Mike there is where we disagree, you say the flood was not worldwide, the Bible says: (Genesis 7:19, 20) . . .The waters overwhelmed the earth so greatly that all the tall mountains under the whole heavens were covered. 20 The waters rose up to 15 cubits above the mountains, and yes I believe that.
The Bible is telling a story about a non-historical event which never happened. The story is in the Bible as a polemic against the older ancient Near East flood stories which are legendary accounts of an actual but regional flood.

You are free to believe whatever you wish however.

Quote:
Most scientists believe the land masses were once connected, and the world now contains enough water to still flood it completely, Mammals frozen in Siberia show a virtually immediate climate change. So there is scientific evidence as well.
None of that is scientific evidence for a global flood and outside of young earth flood geologists such as are employed by Answers in Genesis no legitimate geologist believes there was ever a global flood as described in the Bible.

The geologic evidence is absolutely against such a flood and this has been known since the 19th century. That anyone would choose not to educate himself on the matter is truly a sad thing.

Old 11-23-2021, 09:46 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Flatten the mountains, fill in the depths of the sea, melt the ice caps, and yes. There would be.
But the biblical flood story says the waters covered all the high mountains. So no flattened mountains.

Besides, in the Genesis flood story God opened the windows in the solid dome firmament to let the waters which are above the firmament rain down on the earth. This is ancient Near East cosmology in which a flat circular earth (like a pancake) is covered by a hard glass-like firmament that has windows. That firmament is supported by pillars which are the distant mountains.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:01 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You do NOT have a single word from God that has not passed through the imperfect men you do not trust. You have no clue what Jehovah said or did except through the interpretations and beliefs of those imperfect men. Get off your self-righteous high horses and get real. The only Truth about God a Christian has is the incarnate Jesus Christ and the "mind of Christ" as "born again" as the Comforter who abides with us, NOT the untested words of imperfect men.

Jesus perfectly lived, described, taught, revealed, and demonstrated God's Holy Spirit of perfect agape love and forgiveness unambiguously on the Cross. The imperfect men who recorded it, interpreted it as appeasement of the wrathful God they believed in from the OT and Moses. Those imperfect men were wrong and have been wrong ever since. There was no wrath or vengeance in Jesus Christ and there is no wrath or vengeance in His Father, God. But there are negative spiritual consequences for not living as much like Jesus as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
those "imperfect men" were ALL Men who worshiped Jehovah God. this is why he picked them to write down words in which he allowed to be placed in a book called the Bible. Daniel was a TRUE servant of Jehovah God, he was used, to WRITE DOWN, ALL that Jehovah wanted him to write...for OUR TIME! (Dan. 12:8,9 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? And he said, go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end). who are you, to say what I don't know?

I have every "clue" of what Jehovah said or did. because he wanted ANY who chose to serve him, KNOW HIM. Jesus said that we should get to "KNOW" the True God, (John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent). those were Jesus words, John!... who wrote his words, though "Imperfect", was THERE with Jesus. so are you saying his words WASN'T true also? to have a "CLUE" on Jehovah God's thoughts and actions.

one would have to WANT the truth, (1Tim. 2:3,4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth). also, the "horse" I'm on, isn't high, and my righteousness comes from the blessing of Jehovah God's gift of getting to know and worship him, so I'm very real!

moving on!... you're saying that ALL those men who worship Jehovah God and followed Jesus who Jesus SAID!... his Father Picked! (John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gave me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gave them me; and they have kept thy word), "were wrong and have been wrong ever since?"

"There was no wrath or vengeance in Jesus Christ and there is no wrath or vengeance in His Father, God?" did you miss, (Rom. 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness). and (Rev. 19:11-21 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war).

oh, they most definitely get angry and will soon seek vengeance! you said Jesus was " incarnate" and talked about what he stood for. Question!... did Jesus personally come to you and said those things? if NOT, then that would mean you got your beliefs and findings from the Bible. which is Written by "imperfect Men!" thank you!
The entire Bible was written, culled, compiled, edited, translated, transliterated, and copied many times over by IMPERFECT men. That is why the spirit of what is written MUST be tested against God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus Christ on the Cross. Our ancestors were conditioned to believe God is wrathful and vengeful. Jesus came to reveal that He is NOT!

Unfortunately, everything they wrote and interpreted was written and interpreted as if it came from a wrathful and vengeful God. They were WRONG! There are negative consequences for our failures here but they are NOT punishments imposed by God. God wants us to avoid them! He is not angrily imposing them on us. Any negative consequences will be the result of what WE have become NOT the result of God's nonexistent wrath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity