Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2021, 11:53 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,653,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
I've seen it also when I watched National Geo years ego. but Jehovah God wouldn't allow it to be found anyway. since he knows imperfect humans would try to make a profit from it.
You mean like Ken Hamm's "Ark Experience" or whatever he calls it in Mississippi? The video is entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2021, 05:54 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
All you did was quote some Bible verses in response to a request to cite a source for your claim that "most" scientists believe the world contains enough water to flood it completely.

What Genesis says refutes your claim. It claims that, at a minimum, Mount Ararat was covered with water to a depth of 15 cubits. Ararat is 16,854 feet tall. That means that all the oceans on the earth would have over 3 miles of water added to them.

So, once again, where is the reliable scientific link that states that "most" scientists believe the world contains enough water to flood it completely?

As I stated I did not say that, I said I said that, and I further clarified it that it may not do that today since the lows and highs are different today than during the flood, primarily because of the flood I might add. You fail to take that into account. How tall was Ararat during the flood? So your opinion has just about as much merit as mine sir, it is simply that, an opinion.

Old 11-26-2021, 06:34 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
As I stated I did not say that, I said I said that, and I further clarified it that it may not do that today since the lows and highs are different today than during the flood, primarily because of the flood I might add. You fail to take that into account. How tall was Ararat during the flood? So your opinion has just about as much merit as mine sir, it is simply that, an opinion.
Yes, you did say that, in this post:

Quote:

<<snip>>

Most scientists believe the land masses were once connected, and the world now contains enough water to still flood it completely, Mammals frozen in Siberia show a virtually immediate climate change. So there is scientific evidence as well.
Humans have only lived on earth for about 200,000 years. Mountains develop in terms of many millions of years. The mountains and land masses are pretty much the same s they were last week, 1000 years ago, 6000 years ago, and 200,000 years ago.

If Ararat has changed in height in the past 200,000 yers, it hasn't been over 100 feet.

There has never been a global flood, and you have still failed to support your claim that most scientists believe the world contains enough water to flood the globe.

Old 11-26-2021, 11:04 AM

1,001 posts, read 789,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
There are flood stories among various peoples in many parts of the world because local and regional floods happen all over the world. Rivers overflow, Tsunamis happen, etc. As the ice age was drawing to a close, ice dams which created huge lakes gave way and caused mega-floods in parts of the North Americal continent. The United States pacific Northwest landscape was sculpted by these mega-floods. These events gave rise to legends of a world-wide flood among various ancient peoples. But there never was a global Noah's flood.

The video below is about how the pacific Northwest was landscape was sculpted by these mega-floods.

Ice Age Floods, Lake Missoula, Bonneville Flood and the Columbia River Basalts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1BFb_uYlFQ
Exactly! it was a regional Flood that wiped out the entire village. Not the planet.

Old 11-26-2021, 11:59 AM

1,799 posts, read 563,043 times
Quote:
Not hardly . Your opinion is based on religious myth. Mensas view is based on solid science . They are not even remotely the same thing .

Old 11-26-2021, 12:41 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Yes, you did say that, in this post:

Humans have only lived on earth for about 200,000 years. Mountains develop in terms of many millions of years. The mountains and land masses are pretty much the same s they were last week, 1000 years ago, 6000 years ago, and 200,000 years ago.

If Ararat has changed in height in the past 200,000 yers, it hasn't been over 100 feet.

There has never been a global flood, and you have still failed to support your claim that most scientists believe the world contains enough water to flood the globe.
What if you were wrong?

Old 11-26-2021, 12:47 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,019,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
What if you were wrong?
100+ years of proof and experimenting says that he is not.

However, who knows, maybe tomorrow something will come along that will prove him wrong. Will you admit the possibility that you may be wrong about your believes?

Old 11-26-2021, 01:21 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
100+ years of proof and experimenting says that he is not.

However, who knows, maybe tomorrow something will come along that will prove him wrong. Will you admit the possibility that you may be wrong about your believes?
For much much longer than that the best minds thought the earth was flat. And the earth was the center of the universe. And the atom was the smallest possible thing. Etc...etc...

Old 11-26-2021, 01:26 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,019,204 times
Quote:
For much much longer than that the best minds thought the earth was flat. And the earth was the center of the universe. And the atom was the smallest possible thing. Etc...etc...
And that is why I stated that tomorrow something could be found that would change all of it. I do see though that you didnt say whether you would be willing to admit the possibility that you may be wrong about your believes.

Old 11-26-2021, 01:43 PM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
For much much longer than that the best minds thought the earth was flat. And the earth was the center of the universe.
So did the biblical writers.

Quote:
And the atom was the smallest possible thing. Etc...etc...
Science progresses as new discoveries are made. We found out that there are smaller particles than atoms because we developed the technology to discover them. That isn't science contradicting itself. It is science advancing in its knowledge of the natural world.

Science, specifically geology, is not wrong about the fact that not only is there no evidence for a global flood but the evidence is solidly against there ever having been such a flood.

You won't even allow yourself to objectively consider the evidence because of your commitment to having to take the flood story as historical and literal because your personal faith demands it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity