Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2021, 09:24 AM

1,799 posts, read 563,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Show me real, actual proof and I would in a heartbeat.
It’s there . It’s called science . Specifically geology. Trying learning it sometime instead of posting silly statements about “show me some real proof” when there is a entire field of science offering this proof for you to read anytime you wish . It is a given that you will not belief in it, not because you can find any scientific fault with it, but because it conflicts with your religious mythology you carry around written by nomads from the Bronze Age , but your unwillingness to learn it in no way detracts from its validity. It simply means your religion cannot allow you to accept scientific truth, just as the Catholic Church could not accept that the Earth revolves around the Sun hundreds of years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2021, 09:27 AM

1,799 posts, read 563,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Exactly Dude that belongs to Nate, his is based on man's word, mine came straight from the Bible.
His is based on the science that allows you to tap on your keyboard and have words come out on other people’s computers, on the science that powers ships, submarines, and cities by splitting the atom , and that has defeated numerous diseases that the religious world couldn’t pray away . Yours is based on Bronze Age religious myth , even if you find this myth in your Bible .

Old 11-27-2021, 09:46 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Mind sharing this proof?
The Bible is evidence.

Having said that, the Grand Canyon is one example of something that could be formed by massive amounts of water. That's just one, off the top of my head. But do your own research. AIG is a great place to start.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
It’s there . It’s called science . Specifically geology. Trying learning it sometime instead of posting silly statements about “show me some real proof” when there is a entire field of science offering this proof for you to read anytime you wish . It is a given that you will not belief in it, not because you can find any scientific fault with it, but because it conflicts with your religious mythology you carry around written by nomads from the Bronze Age , but your unwillingness to learn it in no way detracts from its validity.
And many of the "proofs" that you point to in "science" could easily be taken other ways. If you don't have a presupposition.
Quote:

It simply means your religion cannot allow you to accept scientific truth, just as the Catholic Church could not accept that the Earth revolves around the Sun hundreds of years ago.
And sadly, in the same way, you're quite fundamental about attacking anything that disagrees with what you believe to be truth.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:51 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
I can ask you the same. There is evidence...if you're willing to believe it. But you won't. If you can show me actual evidence that is compelling enough I will believe it.
I doubt very much that you will believe any amount of scientific evidence against a global flood because it would jeopardize your faith.

However, one bit of evidence is that a global Noah's flood which supposedly occurred in approximately 2304 BC would have completely wiped out any geological evidence of floods which happened before the alleged Noah's flood. But we have a great deal of visible evidence for prehistoric mega-floods that occurred long before 2304 BC.

Watch this video which explains how numerous prehistoric ice-age mega-floods sculpted the geography of Eastern Washington state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWZgfPGtQEs

But you were already provided with a website in post #133 which provided many evidences which disprove a global flood. You refused to look at it because you won't go into a skeptics website. In my opinion, that's a bit cowardly.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:52 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,441,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesDude View Post
His is based on the science that allows you to tap on your keyboard and have words come out on other people’s computers, on the science that powers ships, submarines, and cities by splitting the atom , and that has defeated numerous diseases that the religious world couldn’t pray away . Yours is based on Bronze Age religious myth , even if you find this myth in your Bible .
"Science" doesn't create any of this. "Science"--real science, that is--is just knowledge about the creation. The word "science" means knowledge. But God is the Creator. God, Who has declared the end from the beginning, has created the universe and established its properties in such a way to enable, for example, electronic communication. It's not something man can do apart from the will and counsel of God, as in Him we live, and move, and have our being--and He has appointed the bounds of man which he cannot pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManApplet View Post
Where did all that water come from and then where did it go?
All that water is still there. There's enough water in the oceans, etc., that if there were no relief on the surface of the earth, the earth would be completely covered in water. The Bible says the waters receded (Genesis 8:3), which was caused by the rising and sinking of mountains and valleys after the flood--Psalm 104:8 indicates this. The earth was flooded not just because of rain but because the fountains of the great deep were opened (Genesis 7:11). So, to answer your question - that's where all the water came from, and it's still there.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:53 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,019,204 times
Quote:
The Bible is evidence.

Having said that, the Grand Canyon is one example of something that could be formed by massive amounts of water. That's just one, off the top of my head. But do your own research. AIG is a great place to start.
Im sorry to tell you but the Bible isnt evidence.

Let me ask you this. Lets say I have no idea what the Bible is, I have no idea what religion is or who God is. I pick up the Bible and read it. Without using faith, what in it proves to a person that the Great Flood happened?

As for the Grand Canyon, even throwing away the part about how we know what actually caused the Grand Canyon to be created, just because something could be created by the Great Flood is not proof that it was created by the Great Flood.

You are the one making claims and stating that there is proof that the Great Flood happened, so show the proof.

Old 11-27-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I doubt very much that you will believe any amount of scientific evidence against a global flood because it would jeopardize your faith.

However, one bit of evidence is that a global Noah's flood which supposedly occurred in approximately 2304 BC would have completely wiped out any geological evidence of floods which happened before the alleged Noah's flood. But we have a great deal of visible evidence for prehistoric mega-floods that occurred long before 2304 BC.

Watch this video which explains how numerous prehistoric ice-age mega-floods sculpted the geography of Eastern Washington state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWZgfPGtQEs

But you were already provided with a website in post #133 which provided many evidences which disprove a global flood. You refused to look at it because you won't go into a skeptics website. In my opinion, that's a bit cowardly.
Why do you believe they have that dated correctly?

Old 11-27-2021, 10:00 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
The Bible is evidence.

Oh, good grief. The Grand Canyon was not formed by a global Noah's flood. As I've already noted earlier in this thread, no single flood, no matter how massive could have laid down the various and different kinds of strata that make up the Grand Canyon. The different kinds of strata required different conditions to form.

As for the Answers In Genesis website, that is a young earth creationist site. Aside from the evidence disproving a global Noah's flood, the geological evidence also disproves a young earth. We live on a planet that is over 4 billion years old.

Old 11-27-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Im sorry to tell you but the Bible isnt evidence.
Sure it is. You may not accept it, but it is.
Quote:
Let me ask you this. Lets say I have no idea what the Bible is, I have no idea what religion is or who God is. I pick up the Bible and read it. Without using faith, what in it proves to a person that the Great Flood happened?
Why should I use that standard?
Quote:
As for the Grand Canyon, even throwing away the part about how we know what actually caused the Grand Canyon to be created, just because something could be created by the Great Flood is not proof that it was created by the Great Flood.

You are the one making claims and stating that there is proof that the Great Flood happened, so show the proof.
Right. You have your presuppositions and are unwilling to challenge them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity