Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 11:01 AM

3,220 posts, read 927,959 times

Advertisements

Psalm 2:7

“I shall declare the decrees of the Lord: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have begotten you.”

People believe this is speaking of Jesus when in fact it is speaking of those who declare God’s decrees not only Jesus.

Christianity is so off base it is absurd to think that people fall far it. Christianity puts Jesus on a pedestal when that is not what He wants.
Jesus wants everyone to be like Him and declare the decrees of the LORD.

“While you have the light believe in the light and you shall become a child of light.” (Jesus)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2022, 11:07 AM

11,083 posts, read 6,667,691 times

Does not compute.

Old 04-23-2022, 11:39 AM

3,220 posts, read 927,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

Does not compute.
What don’t you get?

Old 04-23-2022, 01:31 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,923,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post

“I shall declare the decrees of the Lord: He said to me, "You are my son; today I have begotten you.”

People believe this is speaking of Jesus when in fact it is speaking of those who declare God’s decrees not only Jesus.

Christianity is so off base it is absurd to think that people fall far it. Christianity puts Jesus on a pedestal when that is not what He wants.

“While you have the light believe in the light and you shall become a child of light.” (Jesus)

Most wont listen to Jesus who teaches this ultra important truth--( Matt 6:33) Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness. Like this-John 4:22-24---- Jesus didnt teach anyone to seek Jesus' righteousness, he told them to seek his God and Fathers righteousness-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--
Errors in dogmas from errors in translations have confused the majority.

Old 04-23-2022, 01:32 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,719,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

Does not compute.
This is typical free4you - take any passage that speaks of ‘the son’ and inserts himself as the recipient and pushes others out of the way to do it, including Jesus

He is correct that Jesus wants us to be like Him, and to walk in the light, and part of that is denying ourselves to serve others, and not to take the glory for ourselves

Mar 10:42**But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.
Mar 10:43**But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
Mar 10:44**And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
Mar 10:45**For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

By his resurrection Jesus is on a pedestal as it were (it is a spiritual pedestal)

Old 04-23-2022, 02:04 PM
xd4t5gv

n/a posts
Ps.2 is about Davidic Kingship of David and Solomon. As the footnote in the NET Bible explains:

‘You are my son.’ The Davidic king was viewed as God’s “son” (see 2 Sam 7:14; Ps 89:26-27). The idiom reflects ancient Near Eastern adoption language associated with covenants of grant, by which a lord would reward a faithful subject by elevating him to special status, referred to as “sonship.” Like a son, the faithful subject received an “inheritance,” viewed as an unconditional, eternal gift. Such gifts usually took the form of land and/or an enduring dynasty. See M. Weinfeld, “The Covenant of Grant in the Old Testament and in the Ancient Near East,” JAOS 90 (1970): 184-203, for general discussion and some striking extra-biblical parallels.

Look what 2 Sam.7 says:

So now, say this to my servant David, ‘This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies has said: I took you from the pasture and from your work as a shepherd to make you leader of my people Israel. I was with you wherever you went, and I defeated all your enemies before you. Now I will make you as famous as the great men of the earth. I will establish a place for my people Israel and settle them there; they will live there and not be disturbed anymore. Violent men will not oppress them again, as they did in the beginning and during the time when I appointed judges to lead my people Israel. Instead, I will give you relief from all your enemies. The Lord declares to you that he himself will build a dynastic house for you. When the time comes for you to die, I will raise up your descendant, one of your own sons, to succeed you, and I will establish his kingdom. He will build a house for my name, and I will make his dynasty permanent. I will become his father and he will become my son. When he sins, I will correct him with the rod of men and with wounds inflicted by human beings. But my loyal love will not be removed from him as I removed it from Saul, whom I removed from before you. Your house and your kingdom will stand before me permanently; your dynasty will be permanent.’” Nathan told David all these words that were revealed to him.

Sorry but supposedly Jesus never sinned nor built a temple and the kingdom was divided and ended. Prophecy (decree) failed! This is why after the Baby captivity they changed their views and had all sorts of messianic readjustments. Anyway, the psalm is not about individuals or Jesus.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:19 PM
xd4t5gv

n/a posts
Look at Ps.89 regarding David.

He will call out to me, ‘You are my father, my God, and the protector who delivers me.’
27 I will appoint him to be my firstborn son,
the most exalted of the earth’s kings.
28 I will always extend my loyal love to him,
and my covenant with him is secure.
29 I will give him an eternal dynasty
and make his throne as enduring as the skies above.
30 If his sons reject my law
and disobey my regulations,
31 if they break my rules
and do not keep my commandments,
32 I will punish their rebellion by beating them with a club,
their sin by inflicting them with bruises.
33 But I will not remove my loyal love from him
nor be unfaithful to my promise.
34 I will not break my covenant
or go back on what I promised.
His throne will endure before me, like the sun;
37 it will remain stable, like the moon.
His throne will endure like the skies.

Old 04-23-2022, 02:25 PM

However there is also the issue of David sinning/transgressing by killing a man so he could take his wife

And so that disqualified him from building the temple, and his son Solomon, who had many wives and concubines, built the temple in his place

Old 04-23-2022, 02:32 PM
xd4t5gv

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
However there is also the issue of David sinning/transgressing by killing a man so he could take his wife

And so that disqualified him from building the temple, and his son Solomon, who had many wives and concubines, built the temple in his place

Yes, and:

But I will not remove my loyal love from him

Old 04-23-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathro View Post
Yes, and:

But I will not remove my loyal love from him
Yep, that is where repentance comes in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity