Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 03:08 PM

3,220 posts, read 925,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
You are the one who is wrong; for Acts is inspired.

The men who penned the holy scriptures were tested by the early church and found to be true apostles (Revelation 2:2).

If the tree is good, the fruit is also good (Matthew 7:15-20).

The tree being the apostles; the scriptures penned by them being the fruit of the tree.

Not that I think that you will accept any of this;

I think that you are too far gone.
The early church got it wrong too!

Don’t worry, the son of man will restore everything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2022, 05:28 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Yes, the ' early church ' became apostate according to Luke at Acts 20:29-30
Or, just as Jesus said fake 'weed/tares' Christians would grow together with the genuine ' wheat ' Christians until the Harvest Time.
The Harvest Time or the soon coming Time of Separation on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33
Yes, don't worry because the Son of man (Christ Jesus) will restore everything: aka paradisical edenic conditions on Earth.
Earth and its people will be happy and healthy as described in Isaiah 35th chapter.
Good health means; there will be No more sin left on Earth.

Old 05-08-2022, 08:09 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
The early church got it wrong too!

Don’t worry, the son of man will restore everything!
Actually, not Jesus (the Son of man), but Elijah, will restore all things (Matthew 17:11).

Last edited by justbyfaith; 05-08-2022 at 08:45 PM..

Old 05-09-2022, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Actually, not Jesus (the Son of man), but Elijah, will restore all things (Matthew 17:11).
Yeah, the son of man!

Old 05-09-2022, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Yeah, the son of man!
Jesus is the Son of man.

Old 05-10-2022, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Jesus is the Son of man.
No. I already proved with scripture that He is only part of the son of man.

Jesus said the son of man came eating and drinking. Scripture also says that the servant of God eats and drinks, sinners do not.

That is why you fail to know the secrets of God!

“The LORD God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets.”

Old 05-10-2022, 09:52 PM

Quote:
No. I already proved with scripture that He is only part of the son of man.

Jesus said the son of man came eating and drinking. Scripture also says that the servant of God eats and drinks, sinners do not.

That is why you fail to know the secrets of God!

“The LORD God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophets.”
Sinners do not eat and drink?

How do they live past 40 days?

Old 05-11-2022, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Sinners do not eat and drink?

How do they live past 40 days?
Spiritual eating and drinking is what feeds the righteous. Sinners go hungry and thirsty.

Isaiah 65

12 I will destine you to the sword, and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter; because, when I called, you did not answer, when I spoke, you did not listen, but you did what was evil in my sight, and chose what I did not delight in.
13 Therefore thus says the Lord God: My servants shall eat, but you shall be hungry; my servants shall drink, but you shall be thirsty; my servants shall rejoice, but you shall be put to shame;
14 my servants shall sing for gladness of heart, but you shall cry out for pain of heart, and shall wail for anguish of spirit.
15 You shall leave your name to my chosen to use as a curse, and the Lord God will put you to death; but to his servants he will give a different name.

Old 05-11-2022, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Spiritual eating and drinking is what feeds the righteous. Sinners go hungry and thirsty.

Isaiah 65

12 I will destine you to the sword, and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter; because, when I called, you did not answer, when I spoke, you did not listen, but you did what was evil in my sight, and chose what I did not delight in.
13 Therefore thus says the Lord God: My servants shall eat, but you shall be hungry; my servants shall drink, but you shall be thirsty; my servants shall rejoice, but you shall be put to shame;
14 my servants shall sing for gladness of heart, but you shall cry out for pain of heart, and shall wail for anguish of spirit.
15 You shall leave your name to my chosen to use as a curse, and the Lord God will put you to death; but to his servants he will give a different name.
This is what I would say to that.

Luk 13:6, He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
Luk 13:7, Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
Luk 13:8, And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
Luk 13:9, And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

Sinners have mercy extended to them and therefore they will eat and drink until God says that they will go hungry.

If a sinner repents then he will not go hungry no matter how you slice that bread.

Old 05-16-2022, 01:21 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Isaiah 65:12 I will destine you to the sword, and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter; because, when I called, you did not answer, when I spoke, you did not listen, but you did what was evil in my sight, and chose what I did not delight in.
L00K the days are coming says Amos 8:11 Not a famine for bread or a thirst for water but for hearing God's Word.
God's servants will Not go hungry or thirsty..... for He will guide them to springs of water - Isaiah 49:10; Revelation 7:16-17
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity