Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2022, 11:29 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Anyone who says God hates sinners is the kind of person 2 Cor 7:1 is referring to.

Your last 2 sentences are a contradiction. You have Christ accomplishing the salvation of man at the cross, a finished work, then you say it really isn't finished because we need to have faith in it. The work is finished, faith takes you into the experience of the finished work.

God so loved the world is true whether it is believed or not, faith takes you into that experience of that love. Experience always follows faith, I remember Watchman Nee saying this in his book "The normal Christian life". Unbelief does not nullify anything God as accomplished for man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2022, 10:37 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Quote:
Inspired does not mean dictated. You really do have issues with meanings of words.
Inspired means "God-breathed".

How can something that is God-breathed be a lie or not the truth?

The very essence of God is imbued into it.

Old 03-17-2022, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Anyone who says God hates sinners is the kind of person 2 Cor 7:1 is referring to.

Your last 2 sentences are a contradiction. You have Christ accomplishing the salvation of man at the cross, a finished work, then you say it really isn't finished because we need to have faith in it. The works is finish, faith takes you into the experience of the finished work.

God so loved the world is true whether it is believed or not, faith takes you into that experience of that love. Experience always follow faith, I remember Watchman Nee saying this in his book "The normal christian life". Unbelief does not nullify anything God as accomplished for man.
Does the person who is not experiencing salvation, have salvation?

I would say, no, they do not.

If, after they are judged, they do not experience salvation, they experience condemnation and judgment.

So, for all practical purposes they are not saved.

Old 03-18-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Inspired means "God-breathed".
How can something that is God-breathed be a lie or not the truth?
The very essence of God is imbued into it.
The problems YOU and I do NOT have access to this inspiration directly. We have to rely on fallible humans who have recorded what they interpreted the inspiration to be. You refuse to acknowledge that unavoidable reality, brother.
Quote:
Does the person who is not experiencing salvation, have salvation?
I would say, no, they do not.
If, after they are judged, they do not experience salvation, they experience condemnation and judgment.
So, for all practical purposes they are not saved.
Since salvation was achieved by Jesus over 2022+ years ago, it is a fait accompli that has nothing to do with our experience of its benefits. Our acknowledgment simply means we will take full advantage of the knowledge during this life and hopefully avoid negative consequences in the next.

Old 03-18-2022, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The problems YOU and I do NOT have access to this inspiration directly. We have to rely on fallible humans who have recorded what they interpreted the inspiration to be. You refuse to acknowledge that unavoidable reality, brother.
We do have access to the holy scriptures which are God-breathed; and therefore we have access to words that have the very essence of God imbued into them.

Old 03-18-2022, 06:57 PM

Quote:
The problem is YOU and I do NOT have access to this inspiration directly. We have to rely on fallible humans who have recorded what they interpreted the inspiration to be. You refuse to acknowledge that unavoidable reality, brother.
Since salvation was achieved by Jesus over 2022+ years ago, it is a fait accompli that has nothing to do with our experience of its benefits. Our acknowledgment simply means we will take full advantage of the knowledge during this life and hopefully avoid negative consequences in the next.
Quote:
We do have access to the holy scriptures which are God-breathed; and therefore we have access to words that have the very essence of God imbued into them.
Interpreted inspirations by ignorant primitives with barbaric beliefs about God are not the same as receiving the inspirations directly. You have direct access to the Comforter while in the states of mind associated with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as Jesus personally Divinely Revealed on the Cross. You should read the scriptures while in those states of mind to understand their true meaning.

Old 03-18-2022, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Interpreted inspirations by ignorant primitives with barbaric beliefs about God are not the same as receiving the inspirations directly. You have direct access to the Comforter while in the states of mind associated with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as Jesus personally Divinely Revealed on the Cross. You should read the scriptures while in those states of mind to understand their true meaning.
Jesus actually promised that He would send the Holy Spirit to guide the apostles into all truth (John 16:13).

I would say that I'm surprised that you have forgotten this already; but I'm really not.

Psa 119:139, My zeal hath consumed me, because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.

Old 03-18-2022, 08:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Jesus actually promised that He would send the Holy Spirit to guide the apostles into all truth (John 16:13).

I would say that I'm surprised that you have forgotten this already; but I'm really not.

Psa 119:139, My zeal hath consumed me, because mine enemies have forgotten thy words.
Well, chill out about your enemies forgetting your word and you won't be consumed by your zeal. Trust me to cause your enemies to be at peace with you. This what I am saying is the Spirit of the Lord, the psalmist who said that in Psalm 119 was speaking his own word not the Spirit's. Is that the gnashing of teeth I hear ?

Old 03-18-2022, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Well, chill out about your enemies forgetting your word and you won't be consumed by your zeal. Trust me to cause your enemies to be at peace with you. This what I am saying is the Spirit of the Lord, the psalmist who said that in Psalm 119 was speaking his own word not the Spirit's. Is that the gnashing of teeth I hear ?
My goodness! You are denying that all of scripture (which includes Psalms 119) is inspired by God.

How are you going to believe in Jesus Christ if you don't believe the holy scriptures which testify of Him "in the volume of the Book" (Hebrews 10:7)?

It is a good thing to be consumed by zeal.

No, you are not hearing any gnashing of teeth.

Old 03-18-2022, 09:24 PM

Quote:
I've forgotten nothing. You are so steeped in the OT that you have the same state of mind as our ancestors (including the Apostles). They interpreted what Jesus told them in the only way they could understand. The warnings Jesus gave them were automatically interpreted to be the result of God's wrath because there was no other possibility they would understand in their minds. The negative consequences are real but the wrath of God is NOT the reason.

We are warned of them NOT to threaten us, but because God loves us and wants us to AVOID them. He is certainly NOT imposing them on us as punishment for anything, that is absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity