Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 03:43 PM

3,220 posts, read 927,563 times

Advertisements

Scripture has it;

“The LORD is just in all His ways and Holy in all His works.”

Notice how to be Holy. By the ways of the LORD and His works. Do them and you will be saved.

Jesus did so and sent His followers to carry on.

If you think the cross saves your lost.

Be perfect in Gods ways and Holy in His works!

Think you can do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 03:56 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,320,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
Scripture has it;

Think you can do it?
That's why I love him because he can never be anything other than His Lovely Wonderful Glorious Self. He never entertains thoughts of what things seemingly look like, but calls them just like Abraham did, not as things appear to be, but how they ought to be.

Thinking can I do it? it is happening without my awarenesss it is (so no man can boast).

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

Last edited by pcamps; 03-06-2022 at 04:12 PM..

Old 03-06-2022, 04:07 PM

33,296 posts, read 26,494,624 times
Quote:
Scripture has it;

Notice how to be Holy. By the ways of the LORD and His works. Do them and you will be saved.

Jesus did so and sent His followers to carry on.

If you think the cross saves your lost.

Be perfect in Gods ways and Holy in His works!

Think you can do it?
Salvation is only possible because of Jesus' work on the cross. If Jesus hadn't gone to the cross there would be no salvation for anyone.

And no one is saved by his own works. As Paul said in Ephesians 2:8-9, we are saved by grace through faith and not by works, lest any man should boast.

Last edited by Michael Way; 03-06-2022 at 04:44 PM..

Old 03-06-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That's why I love him because he can never be anything other than His Lovely Wonderful Glorious Self. He never entertains thoughts of what things seemingly look like, but calls them just like Abraham did, not as things appear to be, but how they ought to be.

Thinking can I do it? it is happening without my awarenesss it is (so no man can boast).

“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
Actually He answered His own question. But it is not about that in the ways of the world so it is not really about the physical body but the spiritual. Feed the soul!

“Render true judgement and show kindness and compassion to one another.”

See now most would turn this and say being kind and compassionate is true judgement because they don’t know how to render true judgement or what it actually is. But if you find the narrow gate and the hard road you truly have understanding.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Salvation is only possible because of Jesus' work on the cross. If Jesus hadn't gone to the cross there would be no salvation for anyone.

And no one is saved by his own works. As Paul said in Ephesians 2:8-9, we are saved by grace through faith and not by works, lest any man should boast.
Paul misleads you. Listen only to Jesus and the prophets and you’ll be on the correct path.

“By your words you’ll be justified and by your words you’ll be condemned.”

Old 03-06-2022, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Paul misleads you. Listen only to Jesus and the prophets and you’ll be on the correct path.

“By your words you’ll be justified and by your words you’ll be condemned.”
I knew you would expose yourself by lying about Paul as you always do. No one should listen to you.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
I knew you would expose yourself by lying about Paul as you always do. No one should listen to you.
Let me tell you. I was just like you. But when I read this; “He who believes in me shall do the works I do,” it changed my thinking.

You have no idea how God will change your view until you commit to Jesus’ commission and leave Paul behind.

“The man who comes to me hears my word and uses it.”

“Come to me all you who are weary and carry a heavy load and I shall give you rest for I am meek and humble of heart and you will find rest for yourself. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for my yoke is upright and my burden is light.”

Take the yoke of the son and you shall truly be free.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Let me tell you. I was just like you.
You were never like me.

Old 03-06-2022, 08:18 PM

Quote:
You were never like me.
Right. I’m telling you. It can’t hurt to take a different look. Paul derailed Jesus mission which was given to the Disciples. But they had no clue. This was God’s design because He was going away for a while. That’s why Jesus always referred to a master going away and leaving others in charge.

The Disciples were never supposed to succeed. It’s up to us now. Time to bring Him back.

“Your light must shine before men so they will see your good works and glorify your Heavenly.”

Old 03-07-2022, 12:03 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,850,410 times
The only way to salvation is through believing in the Cross.

1Co 15:1, Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2, By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1Co 15:3, For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4, And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity