Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 11:26 AM

11,049 posts, read 6,639,868 times

Advertisements

Re the same book in my other thread, the author does a great and thorough job listing prophecies fulfilled and in the future. As we know, all entailing the travails of the Jewish people throughout the centuries.

So, it got me thinking why the most massive pogrom against the Jews in all of of history, was not foretold?

Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2022, 11:36 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Re the same book in my other thread, the author does a great and thorough job listing prophecies fulfilled and in the future. As we know, all entailing the travails of the Jewish people throughout the centuries.

So, it got me thinking why the most massive pogrom against the Jews in all of of history, was not foretold?

Any thoughts?
No clue. Maybe he'll tell us someday.

Even if he had given a prophecy of it, it would be denied. The book of Daniel contains some amazing prophecies concerning the next several hundred years after Daniel lived, but people deny it. They'd do the same with a prophecy of the holocaust.

Old 08-05-2022, 11:57 AM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
.....So, it got me thinking why the most massive pogrom against the Jews in all of of history, was not foretold? Any thoughts?
The 1st-century massive destruction against un-faithful Jews came in the year 70 when the Roman armies destroyed Jerusalem - Matthew 24:15-20; Mark 13:14-18; Luke 21:20 - just as Jesus said it would be.
The year 70 was the 'minor' fulfullment of Jesus' words.
Since World War I we see the 'MAJOR' fulfillment about Jesus' words being fulfilled.
So, Matthew 24:6 ' going to hear of wars,,,,,,' would include Ukrane today.
So, yes it was foretold that there would be GREAT tribulation and it will climax with hatred towards followers of Christ.
- Matthew 10:22; 24:9; Luke 21:17;

Old 08-05-2022, 11:59 AM

11,086 posts, read 7,149,943 times
Probably because don't need such prophesy. Same goes from cars, computers, Chuck E Cheese, Bozo the Clown, etc.

The evil of man is apparent in only a few seconds of looking around in the present. That's where our attention belongs, including in stopping evil as much as possible. You can't change the past, but affecting the present can help the future.

Old 08-05-2022, 12:14 PM

13,615 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Probably because it has no relevance to salvation history.

Maybe someone could show me how it could be considered relevant to our salvation.

Old 08-05-2022, 12:59 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Maybe someone could show me how it could be considered relevant to our salvation.
I don't know if this could be considered as salvation history you want but we do find Rahab being saved - Joshua 6:25.
'Saved' to the point that Rahab became Ruth's relative in Jesus' genealogical line - Ruth 4:20-22; Matt. 1:5-6.
Plus, Joshua ' saved ' the Gibbeonites at Joshua chapter 9.
In both cases they were ones who were obedient to God's will.
And even could be considered as being part of the resurrection of the 'righteous' - Acts 24:15

Old 08-05-2022, 04:29 PM

923 posts, read 239,149 times
The great tribulation on the Jews happened in 70AD. They have been murdered and run out of 100+ nations since then. Hitler was perhaps the worse but the worst is yet to come for them. “who did both put to death the Lord Jesus and their own prophets, and did persecute us, and God they are not pleasing, and to all men are contrary, forbidding us to speak to the nations that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always, but the anger did come upon them—to the end!” 1 Thessalonians 2:15–16 (YLT)

Old 08-05-2022, 05:54 PM

11,049 posts, read 6,639,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post

I didn't say it was relevant to salvation. Just a question I was wondering about. Like evolution/Adam and Eve. Not relevant to salvation but something we like to discuss around here.

There are endless prophecies about the Jew's travails and this seemed like a big one.

Old 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM

13,615 posts, read 7,927,714 times
Quote:
I didn't say it was relevant to salvation. Just a question I was wondering about. Like evolution/Adam and Eve. Not relevant to salvation but something we like to discuss around here.

There are endless prophecies about the Jew's travails and this seemed like a big one.
Sure, but ever since the Church was established by Christ, God's covenant of salvation includes all peoples. In the New Covenant, the Jews are no different from any other people group except for the fact that they can rightfully claim a sort of blood kinship with Christ.

In the New Covenant, the Church is what it's all about.

Old 08-06-2022, 04:28 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Genocide and holocausts would be considered murder and war which generally would be rumors of war Matthew 24:6 The Jews were persecuted in masses around dozen times as they were the target of plaques and scapegoat to put down where thousands were put down like from Rome and in the 14th century Europe and beyond
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity