Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2023, 03:56 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Op is the wrong question. Jesus is the Savior, NOT what we do. The question should be: What must we do now that we are saved? That is what will determine what we have BECOME and what consequences we will face, good or bad.
Hogwash! Obedience is a theme that runs through the entire Bible. Jesus Himself said unless you believe I am, you will die in your sins (John 8:24). He also said that unless you repent you will perish (Luke 13:3,5). And unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot see the kingdom of God (John 3:5).

Either Jesus is wrong or YOU are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2023, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
When Paul wrote in 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Who are our sins, Christ died for according to scripture ? Thats vital to Pauls Gospel message, declaration to be saved.
“Our sins” include Paul and the church at Corinth whom his letter is written to, and by extension it includes ALL people because all people sin.

Old 06-03-2023, 04:07 AM

Jesus commanded that we must do the following if we want to be saved.

Believe He is the Son of God (John 3:16)

Repent (Luke 13:3, 5)

Confess He is Lord (Romans 10:9-10)

Be baptized (Mark 16:16)

Old 06-03-2023, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I am wondering how you arrived that there is No heaven ______________
If the kingdom of God was already here we would Not still be asking God for the kingdom to come ( thy kingdom come......)
God's will for heaven is that there is: No crime in heaven, No war in heaven, No pollution in heaven, No sickness in heaven, No tombs (death) in heaven. ALL these problems still exist right here on earth.
By asking for the kingdom to come we are asking for those same wonderful heavenly healthy conditions to come and exist on earth.

Jesus, as that figurative ' stone ' of Daniel 2:44-45, is the one who will bring those same heavenly conditions to earth.
A beautiful paradisical earth as described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah when death will be No more on earth <- Isaiah 25:8
The kingdom is here now, and someday Jesus will come again and deliver the kingdom to God the Father where they (His church) will live eternally.

1 Corinthians 15:24-25
“Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.

Jesus is reigning over His kingdom NOW.

His kingdom is spiritual by nature and always will be!!!

Old 06-03-2023, 05:35 AM

4,625 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
“Our sins” include Paul and the church at Corinth whom his letter is written to, and by extension it includes ALL people because all people sin.
False ! Its the Church, the chosen of God, thats according to scripture. He writes to the Church of God specifically :

Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Now Paul told them they were the specially called and chosen:

1 Cor 1:24,26

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God

.For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1 cor 1:27

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

Finally when Jesus sent Paul to preach in Corinth, it was because Jesus had much people there to call, they were His People before called Acts 18:9-11

9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

11 And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.

Old 06-03-2023, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post

This is works salvation condemned by God

Old 06-03-2023, 07:31 AM

Paul said in 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

Christs death was according to the scriptures, the OT scriptures at the time of Paul, so they form the guide line of who Christ died for, for instance, Israel as an example on the day of atonement,

The high priest took a goat, placed his hands on its head and confessed all the sins, iniquities, and transgressions of Israel for the past year. Then a fit person carried the goat away into the desert to be lost forever (see Le 16 and Le 23). This pictured Christ taking away the sins of His people. Did the priest confess the sins of those outside of Israel? Did he intercede for the Canaanites? Were the Egyptians under the blood? No, the rest of the world was disregarded, so its only the sins of Gods elect world that Christ died for, according to the tenor of scripture.Its that world spoken of here 2 Cor 5:19,21

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him

Old 06-03-2023, 08:55 AM

Quote:
This is works salvation condemned by God
LOL

Jesus is the one who commanded that we believe, repent, confess He is Lord, and that we be baptized. Since Jesus is God, I doubt He’ll condemn Himself.

Read the Bible! Take off you Calvin glasses. They’re all fogged up!

I repeat.

Try proving those verses false!!!

Last edited by MissKate12; 06-03-2023 at 09:03 AM..

Old 06-03-2023, 09:00 AM

Quote:
False ! Its the Church, the chosen of God, thats according to scripture. He writes to the Church of God specifically :

Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

Now Paul told them they were the specially called and chosen:

1 Cor 1:24,26

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God

.For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1 cor 1:27

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

Finally when Jesus sent Paul to preach in Corinth, it was because Jesus had much people there to call, they were His People before called Acts 18:9-11

9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

11 And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.
My bad. I didn’t proof read. When Paul wrote “our sins,” he included himself, the church at Corinth, and by extension all true followers of Christ. I did not mean all mankind. Jesus died for all, but not all will obey His gospel. Not all will be saved as universalists claim.

Last edited by MissKate12; 06-03-2023 at 09:23 AM..

Old 06-03-2023, 09:10 AM

14,876 posts, read 17,146,555 times
Jesus died for all people. He died for the sins of all mankind. Jesus did not just die for the elect. He died for all people. Brightfame denies this and he or she denies the scriptures that tell us this. The serpent seed doctrine is a contradiction of the scriptures that tell us that Jesus died for all people.

lossians 1
15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16 For [x]by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. 17 He [y]is before all things, and in Him all things [z]hold together. 18 He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. 19 For [aa]it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the [ab]fullness to dwell in Him, 20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in [ac]heaven

2 Timothy
2 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Hebrews 2:9
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

John 1:29
The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

1 John 4:14.
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

1 John 2:2
2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-03-2023 at 09:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity