Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2023, 05:27 PM

529 posts, read 181,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I was brought up in a Christian church, I left it at 15 and retained a belief in God, much later I developed an interest in Scripture and in the purpose for Christianity

I like hearing what people believe, why they believe.

Regarding your question about the infighting amongst Christians it has to do with the types of people running the various systems and organisations and they are not always good and honest people

Unfortunately this was predicted in the gospels

On the one hand Jesus said to those labouring under heavy burdens to come unto him because he is gentle and humble at heart

On the other hand he said that there would be those who would become domineering and oppressive and abusive of those that are under their charge, those that sit in Moses seat,

This where a lot of the conflict comes from

The regular everyday Christian is prey for the ones who get so fixated on the doctrinal and ritualistic and their own type of community that they lose sight of the humans in other communities and teach their own people that type of lack of respect for ‘others’
Oh this is a beautiful post Meerkat, thanks for posting, it really made my day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2023, 05:28 PM

995 posts, read 783,353 times
In Before Fighting Starts.

Old 06-26-2023, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes. They do.

Next question.
Do you have any positive stories you would like to share Mighty Queen in regards to my second question challenge of this post? I would love to hear it! I hope it can help heal too my Queen!

Last edited by High.priestess.Sarah; 06-26-2023 at 05:42 PM..

Old 06-26-2023, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyRoadg View Post
In Before Fighting Starts.
I hope not RockyRoad, and I'm sorry the way I asked my question on this thread. I should have only focused for people to tell their positive stories about being a Christian, but my frustrations got in the way when I also asked why there was so much fighting? Anyway, if you have a story of being a follower of Christ that has changed your life for the better, I'd love to hear it!

Old 06-26-2023, 06:44 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,087 times
I think it is a great misunderstanding, that Christian's are much different from non Christian's. All humans suffer the shortcomings of being human.

Christian's bicker, gossip, lie, steal, and every other shortcoming one can imagine.

At least that's been my experience.

It should be no surprise the dissension and disunity that exists within Christendom.
Being a Christian does not inoculate you from being human, and all that comes with being human.

And just as with all groups, there is a percentage that attempts to build up, a percentage that breaks down, and a percentage that does nothing. Except maybe complain.

So to answer the question:
No, not always.

Old 06-26-2023, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I think it is a great misunderstanding, that Christian's are much different from non Christian's. All humans suffer the shortcomings of being human.

Christian's bicker, gossip, lie, steal, and every other shortcoming one can imagine.

At least that's been my experience.

It should be no surprise the dissension and disunity that exists within Christendom.
Being a Christian does not inoculate you from being human, and all that comes with being human.

And just as with all groups, there is a percentage that attempts to build up, a percentage that breaks down, and a percentage that does nothing. Except maybe complain.

So to answer the question:
No, not always.
Thanks for your reply Oakback, it's just that I have a lot of non-Christian friends that I encourage to give Jesus a chance in their life but when I try to point them to a Christian website I see a lot of fighting and that doesn't give much incentive for a Non-Christian to gravitate towards Christianity. I have many flaws, I'm a Christian-Wiccan-Shamanistic witch, but I'm a human being too lol! It's just that I have so much love for the people I have in my life, I want to show the love religion can bring into a person's life, especially Christianity, because having a relationship with Jesus taught me how overwhelming beautiful unconditional love can be!

I'm trying an experiment in this post and it's scaring me. I started off my post with the question "Do Christians always fight with each other?" And I had a second challenge question to share a positive story of how Christ has changed their life for the better. I even shared the first response in my own thread how my life became so much better because of Christ. Not one person shared their testimony of any positive story they had as a Christian. I also posted a separate thread for people to share their favorite thing about being a Christian or their favorite memory and haven't gotten one response from anyone as of this reply I'm sending you.

Are people so gravitated towards pain and misery they forgot how to love, be happy, and at be at peace with their life? I hope not because that is not a world I want to live in, prove me wrong and share a good story about your religious life in Christ, I dare you!

Love you and thanks for your reply to my original post!

Last edited by High.priestess.Sarah; 06-26-2023 at 08:02 PM..

Old 06-26-2023, 08:00 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High.priestess.Sarah View Post
Thanks for your reply Oakback, it's just that I have a lot of non-Christian friends that I encourage to give Jesus a chance in their life but when I try to point them to a Christian website I see a lot of fighting and that doesn't give much incentive for a Non-Christian to gravitate towards Christianity. I have many flaws, I'm a Christian-Wiccan-Shamanistic witch, but I'm a human being too lol! It's just that I have so much love for the people I have in my life, I want to show the love religion can bring into a person's life, especially Christianity, because having a relationship with Jesus taught me how overwhelming beautiful unconditional love can be!

I'm trying an experiment in this post and it's scaring me. I started off my post with the question "Do Christians always fight with each other?" And I had a second challenge question to share a positive story of how Christ has changed their life for the better. I even shared the first response in my own thread how my life became so much better because of Christ. Not one person shared their testimony of any positive story they had as a Christian. I also posted a separate thread for people to share their favorite thing about being a Christian or their favorite memory and haven't gotten one response from anyone as of this reply I'm sending you.

Are people so gravitated towards pain and misery they forgot how to love, be happy, and at peace? I hope not because that is not a world I want to live in, prove me wrong and share a good story about your religious life in Christ, I dare you!

Love you and thanks for your reply to my original post!
Honestly, this forum does not represent Christendom. And it's been my experience that most congregations are much more indicative of " The Fruits of The Spirit "

I would scout out some churches. You'll know when you've found what your looking for.
Based on what I've observed thus far,I feel fairly certain you'll recognize The Spirit you seek.

Old 06-26-2023, 08:06 PM

4,859 posts, read 450,647 times
Do Christians always fight with each other?
When did you stop beating your wife?
Or, When did you stop beating your husband?

ork.
Your question is just bait.

Old 06-26-2023, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Honestly, this forum does not represent Christendom. And it's been my experience that most congregations are much more indicative of " The Fruits of The Spirit "

I would scout out some churches. You'll know when you've found what your looking for.
Based on what I've observed thus far,I feel fairly certain you'll recognize The Spirit you seek.
Thanks for your advice Oakback, I really appreciate it!

Old 06-26-2023, 08:09 PM

166 posts, read 51,399 times
A Christian is an individual who wants to both love/trust GOD and become more like CHRIST. And this becomes possible by a spiritual awakening through the study of GOD's Word and prayer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity