Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2023, 05:05 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,921,471 times

Advertisements

God would not have us love in vain.
Therefore, yes, 100% I believe our animals are awaiting us.
Pay attention to your dreams. Some dreams are a little more than a normal dream.
And you usually know it when it happens.
In your heart of hearts.

Doesn't always happen. And you can't force it.
But sometimes you get confirmations.

How bizarre it would be for God to have us LOVE so much, only to have that love disappear forever.

Our treasures in heaven are not material things, our treasures are those we love.
Love is the most important and most powerful thing.

It's an impossibility, in my mind, for it to be any other way.

We all have some wonderful surprises waiting for us.
God loves us. He prepares a place for us.
Have faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2023, 05:16 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
God would not have us love in vain.
Therefore, yes, 100% I believe our animals are awaiting us.
Pay attention to your dreams. Some dreams are a little more than a normal dream.
And you usually know it when it happens.
In your heart of hearts.

Doesn't always happen. And you can't force it.
But sometimes you get confirmations.

How bizarre it would be for God to have us LOVE so much, only to have that love disappear forever.

Our treasures in heaven are not material things, our treasures are those we love.
Love is the most important and most powerful thing.

It's an impossibility, in my mind, for it to be any other way.

We all have some wonderful surprises waiting for us.
God loves us. He prepares a place for us.
Have faith.

Old 07-20-2023, 06:15 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,903,071 times
I recently lost my beloved 19-year-old cat and another beloved 18-year-old cat 12-months ago. If they are not wherever I'm going, then I refuse to go.

Old 07-20-2023, 06:30 PM

1,824 posts, read 799,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
The two biggest jerks anyone ever meets in grade school are 1) that kid a grade or two ahead of you who tells you there is no Santa Clause and 2) the kid who comes to school and tells you that dogs and cats don't have souls.
No, there is a bigger jerk, the principal of the Christian school that my daughter attended. I sent her there purely for the academics since the public schools were terrible. She was in around 3rd grade when she told me that at mandatory Friday chapel, a kindergarten girl asked the principal if her dog, who had just died, had gone to heaven and he told her no & went into a long speech, causing this little girl to burst into tears. My daughter knew otherwise but questioned me anyway. A number of parents, including myself, complained. It was a good school but he was incompetent in so many ways & was replaced soon after.

To me, it wouldn't be heaven without all of my dogs running up to greet me, happy & healthy. Like others have said, they mean much more to me than most people.

Old 07-20-2023, 07:06 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,948,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Believer must pray for their animals before they pass away, so Jesus spirit can prepare a place for them, as if you do not pray that God will collect them before they pass away, for heaven than they will be lost to God ....... Even babies before they are born and babies born to the age of consent believer need to pray for them, so God will collect them all
Seriously, how did you come to this conclusion? Some people (and many animals) have no one to pray for them. Why would God be so heartless as to punish them for something that was entirely beyond their control.

Old 07-20-2023, 08:55 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,336,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
I only want to go wherever my cats have gone.
I wonder if it's the same place the dogs go?

It is written that the lion will lay down with the lamb.

So I suppose, as hard as it is for me to imagine, my dog will lay down with cats!!

Only in heaven.

Old 07-20-2023, 09:20 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,898,571 times
Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Old 07-21-2023, 12:34 AM

7,645 posts, read 4,594,923 times
The day my Dad passed, my mother came to his chair and found him smiling and happy. My mother asked him why he was so happy and he let her know that our cat had come to see him today. The cat had been dead for several years and was never replaced. Shortly before he passed he spoke of talking with his folks.

Whether a trick of the mind, or a place awaiting, he died surrounded by people that loved him both here and there.

Old 07-21-2023, 04:54 AM

676 posts, read 204,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Seriously, how did you come to this conclusion? Some people (and many animals) have no one to pray for them. Why would God be so heartless as to punish them for something that was entirely beyond their control.
Look what religion does to the mind. Pray for your sinful pet? That time Buddy humped on my leg, I think that was a fornication sin.

Old 07-21-2023, 07:00 AM

14,879 posts, read 17,151,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
As a Christian--particularly if you are an animal lover--do you believe you will be reunited with your beloved fur babies in heaven?

I do.
Yes, I believe that all will be together with God. He will make all things new. God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity