Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2023, 02:53 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Me too. Down under....just not quite as far as you guys. "Not available". Maybe I'll try to fool it with the VPN.
Sometimes I think we might fall off the edge of the earth lol,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2023, 03:02 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,444,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
This very video was discussed back in December .... https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...bethlehem.html
That's awesome! It seems we're on the same wavelength.

Old 07-21-2023, 03:06 PM

For those who couldn't get the vid to work, try this link (Yet this channel has the documentary in parts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IKlvhJdx-g

Old 07-21-2023, 03:20 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
For those who couldn't get the vid to work, try this link (Yet this channel has the documentary in parts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IKlvhJdx-g
Thank you

Old 07-22-2023, 07:34 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
Hello loved ones of our Father! Years ago I came across a compelling docufilm talking on the Star of Bethlehem. The same one the wise men saw signaling the birth of Jesus. Yall watch it and leave your comments...
Since the unnumbered 'wise men' (magi) followed the star to ->Jerusalem (Jesus enemy) - Matthew 2:1-2 - and because it was 'written' about Bethlehem - Matt. 2:5 - Herod sent the un-numbered magi to Bethlehem.
It does Not say star of Bethlehem (just the star) at Matt. 2:9-13 and since Jesus by then was a child (perhaps 2 years old) living in a house does Not place the magi at the manger scene.
Remember: Mary and Joseph did Not move relocating to Bethlehem but after Jesus birth they went to Jerusalem til Jesus was about 40 days old, then they returned back to their home in Nazareth - Luke 2:21-22,40
They only returned annually to Jerusalem - Luke 2:41
So, where was the 'house' located as mentioned at Matthew 2:9-11________________

Old 07-23-2023, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Since the unnumbered 'wise men' (magi) followed the star to ->Jerusalem (Jesus enemy) - Matthew 2:1-2 - and because it was 'written' about Bethlehem - Matt. 2:5 - Herod sent the un-numbered magi to Bethlehem.
It does Not say star of Bethlehem (just the star) at Matt. 2:9-13 and since Jesus by then was a child (perhaps 2 years old) living in a house does Not place the magi at the manger scene.
Remember: Mary and Joseph did Not move relocating to Bethlehem but after Jesus birth they went to Jerusalem til Jesus was about 40 days old, then they returned back to their home in Nazareth - Luke 2:21-22,40
They only returned annually to Jerusalem - Luke 2:41
So, where was the 'house' located as mentioned at Matthew 2:9-11________________
Some would look at Matthew and Luke's accounts and say they disagree with each other in the activities surrounding Jesus' birth. Luke mentions the family traveled to Bethlehem because of a census. Once that was done, they pretty much headed back to Nazareth. While in Matthew's account, the family is living in Bethlehem, and only moved to Nazareth as a result of Herod and his family's persecution.

Which one is right? As you mentioned, Luke covered Jesus' birth at the time, and the events surrounding it. For instance, them going to Jerusalem to consecrate Jesus. Then after doing their duties, returned to Nazareth. Whereas Matthew covers Jesus timeline up to two years later. Perhaps by that time, the family decided to live in their hometown of Bethlehem, yet after everything went down with Herod, they turned back to Nazareth. So we take in both Matthew and Luke covered different time periods in Jesus' life, and both agree He was born in Bethlehem and lived in Nazareth. Both accounts speaks to Jesus having connections to both locations.

Last edited by Heavenese; 07-23-2023 at 07:38 AM..

Old 07-23-2023, 12:30 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
This video is 'my thing'. My mouth dropped in the latter parts of the documentary, there is so much to learn till the end!
I learned SO much..years ago. I bought the DVD of it.
It left me with how Brilliant the Creator is. Everything is like a perfect cog and wheel, dovetailing like a Swiss watch
working perfectly and
beyond anything we can imagine as far as the intricacies of the entire Universe ..one thing effecting another..
all interwoven by a Genius Mind.

Kepler's equations used today at NASA is quite amazing...and this is how the 'Lecturer' figured the whole thing out!

Old 07-23-2023, 02:31 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
I have watched everything there is on the subject, and I came to the conclusion that there are at least 3 very compelling opinions, I like the one about Aries and Jupiter conjuction where it was so famous as to have been the reason a Roman coin was fashioned showing the star of Bethlehem commemorating the conjuction.

The other two opinions were also good, but one thing I know to be true, those wise men were Persian priests influenced by Jewish priests waiting for the star, looking and anticipating its arrival every year at the feast of Tabernacles where sukkas are built in a fashion so as to be able to see the night sky looking for the star that was to come out of Jacob. The wise men came from Babylon where all Jews were sent for 70 years and many of them stsyed just as it would be expected.

The Gentile prophet Balaam beheld the messianic advent and said, “I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near; a star shall come forth from Jacob, a scepter shall rise from Israel” (Numbers 24:17) Balaam was a Magus, magi priests.

Judaism pit a whole lot of stock into the star that would come at Sukkot, and Jesus had to be born on the first day of Sukkot.

Jesus had to be circumcised and brought under the covenant on the great eighth day appointed for his circumcision, a feast within itself as the conclusion day of Tabernacles, the very day the flood is appointed on the conclusion of both seasons and while Pentecost was just the dew, the Pentecost day of the fall is an appointed flood where the rain of spirit will cover every single mountain.

The star of Tabernacles IS the star of Bethlehem Judaism has awaited since Balaam opened his mouth.

Every born again son is born on Tabernacles, and all the sons will be circumcised on Shemini Atzetet, the great eighth day of circumcision, 8th day of Tabernacles, and Shemini Atzeret closes out the entire yearly cycle.

Old 07-23-2023, 02:48 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
... The wise men came from Babylon where all Jews were sent for 70 years and many of them stsyed just as it would be expected. ...
Yep that's why needs to understand about Daniel !

Old 07-23-2023, 04:43 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,956,993 times
Quote:
Some would look at Matthew and Luke's accounts and say they disagree with each other in the activities surrounding Jesus' birth. Luke mentions the family traveled to Bethlehem because of a census. Once that was done, they pretty much headed back to Nazareth. While in Matthew's account, the family is living in Bethlehem, and only moved to Nazareth as a result of Herod and his family's persecution.

Which one is right? As you mentioned, Luke covered Jesus' birth at the time, and the events surrounding it. For instance, them going to Jerusalem to consecrate Jesus. Then after doing their duties, returned to Nazareth. Whereas Matthew covers Jesus timeline up to two years later. Perhaps by that time, the family decided to live in their hometown of Bethlehem, yet after everything went down with Herod, they turned back to Nazareth. So we take in both Matthew and Luke covered different time periods in Jesus' life, and both agree He was born in Bethlehem and lived in Nazareth. Both accounts speaks to Jesus having connections to both locations.
With an annual trip to Jerusalem ( Not Bethlehem ) the 'child' Jesus was found in a house.
That does Not mean they moved to Jerusalem or Bethlehem but simply were staying in a house .
Home town was Nazareth, Not Bethlehem. They just made an annual visit to Jerusalem.
Even today when you visit someone you might stay in their house during the visit, but stay only for the visit .
Also, if later being in a house in Bethlehem/ Jerusalem area gave them a head start to fleeing being closer to Egypt.
Thus, at that fleeing time instead of returning to Nazareth, they fled to Egypt.
The gift of gold from the Magis for the child Jesus (perhaps now age 2) could have financed their trip to Egypt.

Last edited by Matthew 4:4; 07-23-2023 at 05:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity