Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 04:44 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,777,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
"Where is heaven located ?"

Haven't a clue.

But I'm more interested in where God was BEFORE He created it.
God did not create Heaven, if by that you mean the throne of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2023, 04:47 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn of ‘83 View Post
God did not create Heaven, if by that you mean the throne of God.
Gen 1:1**In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Also in Isaiah Scripture says heaven is his throne and earth his footstool and I believe both were created because that is what Genesis says

Isa 66:1**Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

But for any king their own house is not the throne room

Old 08-25-2023, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Gen 1:1**In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Also in Isaiah Scripture says heaven is his throne and earth his footstool and I believe both were created because that is what Genesis says

Isa 66:1**Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?

But for any king their own house is not the throne room
God created the heavens (first and second heavens, that is), but God has always existed in the third Heaven, where His throne is located.

Old 08-25-2023, 05:10 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn of ‘83 View Post
God created the heavens (first and second heavens, that is), but God has always existed in the third Heaven, where His throne is located.
Where do you get that from?

Old 08-25-2023, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Where do you get that from?
Scripture says God is “from everlasting to everlasting.” We can rightfully assume that God’s dwelling place was eternal and not created. The first two heavens will pass away (2 Pet. 3:10) however the third heaven is eternal.

Old 08-29-2023, 06:08 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Heaven was located in the upper atmosphere until humans invented airplanes. Then, for some reason, Heaven had to be relocated to outer space somewhere. I'm not sure if there's a connection between the invention of aircraft and the relocation of Heaven. I suspect there is.

Old 08-30-2023, 10:03 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Heaven was located in the upper atmosphere until humans invented airplanes. Then, for some reason, Heaven had to be relocated to outer space somewhere. I'm not sure if there's a connection between the invention of aircraft and the relocation of Heaven. I suspect there is.
I realize you are being facetious, but the discovery of BECs (Bose-Einstein Condensates) and their survivability in the cold of outer space actually provides support for the Heavens being in outer space, IMO.

Old 09-04-2023, 10:05 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I realize you are being facetious, but the discovery of BECs (Bose-Einstein Condensates) and their survivability in the cold of outer space actually provides support for the Heavens being in outer space, IMO.
I’ve got some Bose-Einstein Condensates dripping from my air conditioner right now. It’s a humid night.

Old 09-05-2023, 09:44 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
I’ve got some Bose-Einstein Condensates dripping from my air conditioner right now. It’s a humid night.
Enjoy your unrelenting sarcasm! I personally find such pettiness and dismissal less than admirable.

Old 09-07-2023, 10:45 AM

23,498 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
My own opinion is that heaven, as well as all other aspects of the spiritual realm, are interdimensional. They all exist in the same space as our physical world but on a different plane of existence. You can wave your hand through the spiritual realm but because it's on a different plane of existence you never know that you are doing it.
My belief as well.

I also believe that there is not just one spiritual realm but many. People (and animals) who are alive and dead but are in different realms can exist in the exact same spot as one another. There could be a million souls, all in different realms, occupying the very same spot that we are sitting or standing on. (it could be why there are some people who can feel the presence of someone who had been in their life but had recently died?)

14:2-6
King James Version
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...-6&version=KJV

Ephesians 6:12
New King James Version
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of [a]the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...venly%20places.

The physical earth and the spiritual realms are divided, and the spiritual realms are divided from one each other.

Exodus 26:33
King James Version
33 And thou shalt hang up the vail under the taches, that thou mayest bring in thither within the vail the ark of the testimony: and the vail shall divide unto you between the holy place and the most holy.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...33&version=KJV

Matthew 27:51-66
New King James Version
51 Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split,

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...ed%20to%20many.

I don't know how God decides which soul goes into which realm. That might be a topic for another thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm not sure, but I believe that Jesus was talking about the 1000-year period of time that He would personally rule on earth. I don't believe He was talking about the place we will spend eternity. For starters, the billions of people who have ever lived on earth certainly wouldn't all fit on this tiny planet.

As to where I believe Heaven actually is, (since I believe it's a real place), I'd say it's far, far away and leave it at that.
What is posted above could be how everyone would fit on this tiny planet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity