Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2023, 08:27 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,257,109 times

Advertisements

Lol, "prophecy". Literally anything that happens with anything, some idiot out there claims it's a prophecy being fulfilled. If Christianity's numbers were increasing, it would be like "look, the prophecy is being fulfilled!" from Christians nonstop.

Christianity is in decline, and of course someone comes out and says it's the prophecy coming true.

People believe what they want to believe.

Old 09-26-2023, 08:40 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,918,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Does this rule apply to you as well?

Old 09-26-2023, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Does this rule apply to you as well?
I don't believe anything, so, no.

If I did, it definitely would.

Old 09-26-2023, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I don't believe anything, so, no.
Do you consider yourself a nihilist, or were you just speaking in general terms?

Old 09-26-2023, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Do you consider yourself a nihilist, or were you just speaking in general terms?
I don't really think of myself as a "nihilist", no. Because I certainly don't reject normative values or morality/ethics, nor would I ever describe our experience of life as anything resembling "meaningless". I don't live my life in that sense.

However, I also don't believe there is any objective meaning or purpose to life. So in that sense I suppose I fall under the existential nihilist broad category, as I assume any rational/non-supernatural/non-religious person would logically have to.

I think we carve out our own meaning of our existence from the universe and the experience we are individually and collectively having in it. I think we have subjectively created our various values, goals, motivations- I don't think they were already there. Other than the basic primal biological survival, that is.

Old 09-26-2023, 09:46 AM

Quote:
I don't really think of myself as a "nihilist", no. Because I certainly don't reject normative values or morality/ethics, nor would I ever describe our experience of life as anything resembling "meaningless". I don't live my life in that sense.

However, I also don't believe there is any objective meaning or purpose to life. So in that sense I suppose I fall under the existential nihilist broad category, as I assume any rational/non-supernatural/non-religious person would logically have to.

I think we carve out our own meaning of our existence from the universe and the experience we are individually and collectively having in it. I think we have subjectively created our various values, goals, motivations- I don't think they were already there. Other than the basic primal biological survival, that is.
Thanks for sharing

Old 09-26-2023, 09:48 AM

25,943 posts, read 22,098,104 times
I was once a Christian, and I might be able to understand why it is in decline. For me, it was the harsh and constant judgement of others, the "holier than thou" attitude - "our way or the highway (in this case eternal damnation). There are so many people with beautiful spirits that are not Christian. I looked at the people who believe they will be "raptured" and/or "saved" by their faith alone, and thought, yeah, hard pass. Also, the "pick and choose" of Biblical law. People are better informed with the internet now available to pretty much everyone, so are making informed choices. Add: Christians in the news started to make many rethink what they were "following".

I believe in God with all my heart and soul, and believe that far too many discount God in believing that Christianity represents who God is. There is a major rise in spirituality, and that will continue.

Old 09-26-2023, 10:00 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,114,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjack567 View Post
What I said is not a belief but what is written, "during the end many will fall away from faith". If I say what I believe then I too will be judging. So if you don't want to judge then you must read not rely on others words because some of us are wrong and some are correct. If you don't read how will you know who is correct?

Read Jesus' prophecy (not just end times but prophecies) in Matthew, Mark ,Luke and John then Revelation the end time prophecy.
All Bible stories are written by men and were completely rewritten and revised by the priests of Roman emperor Constantine in the 1400s. Some books were even removed. That is historical fact. Books like "The Gospel of Mary" were removed to "make the story flow smoother". That Gospel was said to have been written by Jesus' mother and detailed him being married and having children. An idea that would go against most Christian tenets but especially Catholic tenets.
The current Bible is corrupted by many Christian sects and much of what the churches teach is not actually in the Bible.
One of the simple corruptions is that you must worship in a church to be saved and yet, there is this.

Matthew 6:5-6
"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

Old 09-26-2023, 10:03 AM

424 posts, read 91,558 times
Quote:
Lol, "prophecy". Literally anything that happens with anything, some idiot out there claims it's a prophecy being fulfilled. If Christianity's numbers were increasing, it would be like "look, the prophecy is being fulfilled!" from Christians nonstop.

Christianity is in decline, and of course someone comes out and says it's the prophecy coming true.

I don't see the Increase is ever prophesied but false people for profit, sure. I do agree, there are things that have been taken wrong and said it's already fulfilled. For example 2300 evening and morning account in Daniel. If this is fulfilled then THE anti Christ have come and gone.

I believe we are closer to end times because Jesus did say that during those time "me first mentality" will be there everywhere. Do you not agree that this has come to pass?

For your information, I either have to believe in the Bible (Word of God) in full or not at all. So if I am an idiot for believing the Bible in full - not pick and choose - so be it. I have nothing to loose.

Old 09-26-2023, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjack567 View Post
I don't see the Increase is ever prophesied but false people for profit, sure. I do agree, there are things that have been taken wrong and said it's already fulfilled. For example 2300 evening and morning account in Daniel. If this is fulfilled then THE anti Christ have come and gone.

I believe we are closer to end times because Jesus did say that during those time "me first mentality" will be there everywhere. Do you not agree that this has come to pass?

For your information, I either have to believe in the Bible (Word of God) in full or not at all. So if I am an idiot for believing the Bible in full - not pick and choose - so be it. I have nothing to loose.
So all the incest and brutal violence in there, and the "women must be silent?" - you believe all that stuff?

Not to mention all the errors and contradictions in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity