Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2023, 10:52 AM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catalonians View Post
most people already think about their next adultery with their girlfriend or boyfriend, or plan the next way to sabotage their work colleague or fool their boss, etc.
I easily fulfil 10 commandments that deal with physical actions. the only sins that I still commit are the ones in my mind (anger, lust, etc), but they never translate to physical action detectable by human 5 senses.
and it's ALWAYS ok to be judgmental, so long you use BIBLE's standards...after all, GOD is the most judgmental being in the entire universe.
By admitting that you have lust you are admitting that you commit the same sin of adultery that you are condemning others of. That makes you a hypocrite.

Matt. 5:28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

And by the way, the worst category of sins are the mental attitude sins, ''the ones in my mind'' as you put it. You condemn others for their overt sins while you yourself admit to committing worse sins. Way to go, Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2023, 11:02 AM

95 posts, read 18,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
By admitting that you have lust you are admitting that you commit the same sin of adultery that you are condemning others of. That makes you a hypocrite.

Matt. 5:28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

And by the way, the worst category of sins are the mental attitude sins, ''the ones in my mind'' as you put it. You condemn others for their overt sins while you yourself admit to committing worse sins. Way to go, Christian.
the lust appears, but I always suppress it before it becomes any action (masturbate or even full on sex). That's correct, I'm still not perfect, but I'm much better than those who actually went one and masturbate or even have sex...
never said christians must be sinless...that's impossible. but if you're UNREPENTANT and keep planning to commit actual sin...the lust will always be there, sometimes you fall and not immediately stop thinking, and that's a sin. nobody's denying that...

Old 11-22-2023, 11:07 AM

Quote:

tell me something, was paul a sinner? hint I'm certain that he was. he insinuated that he too fell to sin, even in action, not just sin of the mind.
and yet, he instructed for sinner who openly sinned to be kicked out from the church...does it get any more judgmental than that? tell me...tell me...

Old 11-22-2023, 11:07 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
I'm still not perfect, but I'm much better than those who actually went one and masturbate...
So you're much better than the person who masturbates--something that the Bible never even addresses. And yet you are probably the most judgmental, hate-filled person who has ever graced City-Data. Your understanding of Christianity is extraordinarily warped, pal.

Old 11-22-2023, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
So you're much better than the person who masturbates--something that the Bible never even addresses. And yet you are probably the most judgmental, hate-filled person who has ever graced City-Data. Your understanding of Christianity is extraordinarily warped, pal.
yes, I'm better than people who let their sin bleed out of their mind into real world action.
now, if you're being technical, masturbation itself is never addressed as a sin, correct, but last time I check, masturbation requires you to commit adultery in your mind. I dont think anyone is able to masturbate while his mind is trying to solve mathematical equation.
judgmental? hate-filled? you think GOD is not judgmental? the disciples were never judgmental? GOD does not hate? really? hating is ok so long you're hating things that GOD also hates. the problem here is people are hating GOD's commandments. judging is ok so long you're using GOD's standard, not humans'...

Old 11-22-2023, 11:13 AM

33,225 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
the lust appears, but I always suppress it before it becomes any action (masturbate or even full on sex). That's correct, I'm still not perfect, but I'm much better than those who actually went one and masturbate or even have sex...
never said christians must be sinless...that's impossible. but if you're UNREPENTANT and keep planning to commit actual sin...the lust will always be there, sometimes you fall and not immediately stop thinking, and that's a sin. nobody's denying that...
You are now trying to justify your sin of lust, Christian. Jesus said, (you do claim to follow Jesus don't you, Christian?) that thinking it is adultery. He did not say that if you refrain from masturbating or having full on sex that you are in the clear. According to Jesus, simply thinking about it, simply having lust in your heart for a woman is adultery. And so, according to your own words which you said elsewhere, I think on a different thread, you, being the adulterer that you are, are going to hell with the homosexuals that you condemn. Way to go, Christian.

Oh, and you are better than people who masturbate or have sex?

Old 11-22-2023, 11:21 AM

Quote:
You are now trying to justify your sin of lust, Christian. Jesus said, (you do claim to follow Jesus don't you, Christian?) that thinking it is adultery. He did not say that if you refrain from masturbating or having full on sex that you are in the clear. According to Jesus, simply thinking about it, simply having lust in your heart for a woman is adultery. And so, according to your own words which you said elsewhere, I think on a different thread, you, being the adulterer that you are, are going to hell with the homosexuals that you condemn. Way to go, Christian.

justify? I never once say that lusting is NOT a sin...
and yes, I'm better than people who still think sex outside marriage is ok and actually do it and from people who commits adultery in their mind and actually masturbate. yeah...I've exercised more restrain than them. you're not required to be perfect to enter heaven, otherwise, nobody enters heaven. but at the very least, you must ADMIT that sex outside marriage is WRONG and stop physically doing that...

Old 11-22-2023, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Certainly you aren't suggesting that I'm not a Christian, just because I haven't read the Bible cover to cover!
how do you know you're one if you never even read the definition of a christian?
and last time I check, the definition of what a christian is, what your obligations and privileges are, can only be found in the BIBLE. am I missing something here? there's another source document that would describe what a christian is other than the BIBLE?

Old 11-22-2023, 11:29 AM

Quote:

and also, you haven't answered my question, was paul a sinner? and yet he made the HARSH judgment to kick out a sinner out of the church. so, paul's going to hell? along with all other disciples whom I believe all made judgments against others too. hmmm? tell me...tell me...

Old 11-22-2023, 11:33 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
how do you know you're one if you never even read the definition of a christian?
and last time I check, the definition of what a christian is, what your obligations and privileges are, can only be found in the BIBLE.
A Christian is someone who loves God with all his heart, soul and mind and who loves his neighbor as himself. All of the other commandments are encompassed by these two.

Quote:
am I missing something here? there's another source document that would describe what a christian is other than the BIBLE?
In my opinion, there is, but I'm not going to go there on this thread, as I think that for the purposes of addressing your question, the Bible does just fine. With the possible exception of when Jesus cast the money changers out of the temple, He didn't rant and rave as much during His entire three year ministry as you have during the short few days you've been on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity