Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2023, 10:04 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
The best way I can describe and explain that passage is this: Have you ever lost someone close to you, and you look back on your life, and you see the points along the path where you let that person down? And you could have done more, showed more love and caring, been less selfish? And in grief and mourning, those moments in time suddenly come charging at you like a bull? And that bull is right in your face, so close you can feel it's breath? The "weeping and gnashing of teeth" is the regret and remorse. "weeping and gnashing of teeth" is a perfect description of that ache in your heart over that door that has now been temporarily closed. You cannot go back and re-do. That closed door is what makes grief so difficult.

Speaking of grief. Does God keep that door closed forever? No. Patience and faith. Assurance of reunion. All is well. Have faith. Love never seems to be TRULY fully realized and appreciated until the moment of parting. Such is life, eh? But it's a door we all walk through. Hold onto your love. THAT is the "treasures in heaven". Our love is NOT in vain.

I reckon, we will all have our own individual "weeping and gnashing of teeth" in some way or form. It is not over going to "hell for eternity", it's about coming face to face with pure, agape love (God). And those things that need to be burned off of us, will be burned off of us. REFINING fire. Destroying only that which needs to be destroyed. NOT destroying the spirit that is YOU. God Forbid! We're here to learn. Some lessons will be more difficult for some. It's why you can sometimes summon up compassion for some who seem to not deserve an iota of it. Because you know, they too, will one day learn. They too, will go through the weeping and gnashing of teeth, but God will refine them, just as God is refining me and you. This is what faith is all about, in my eyes. Trusting God with every single soul out there. The times we could have chosen love, but did not, the times we could have chosen hate, but chose love instead. "Not saved". "Saved". When we follow Jesus, the less "dross" will need to be burned off of us. The refining fire. His plan is perfect.

Just some thoughts.
peace,
sparrow
Wonderful witness, sparrow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2023, 02:49 PM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
The best way I can describe and explain that passage is this: Have you ever lost someone close to you, and you look back on your life, and you see the points along the path where you let that person down? And you could have done more, showed more love and caring, been less selfish? And in grief and mourning, those moments in time suddenly come charging at you like a bull? And that bull is right in your face, so close you can feel it's breath? The "weeping and gnashing of teeth" is the regret and remorse. "weeping and gnashing of teeth" is a perfect description of that ache in your heart over that door that has now been temporarily closed. You cannot go back and re-do. That closed door is what makes grief so difficult.

Speaking of grief. Does God keep that door closed forever? No. Patience and faith. Assurance of reunion. All is well. Have faith. Love never seems to be TRULY fully realized and appreciated until the moment of parting. Such is life, eh? But it's a door we all walk through. Hold onto your love. THAT is the "treasures in heaven". Our love is NOT in vain.

I reckon, we will all have our own individual "weeping and gnashing of teeth" in some way or form. It is not over going to "hell for eternity", it's about coming face to face with pure, agape love (God). And those things that need to be burned off of us, will be burned off of us. REFINING fire. Destroying only that which needs to be destroyed. NOT destroying the spirit that is YOU. God Forbid! We're here to learn. Some lessons will be more difficult for some. It's why you can sometimes summon up compassion for some who seem to not deserve an iota of it. Because you know, they too, will one day learn. They too, will go through the weeping and gnashing of teeth, but God will refine them, just as God is refining me and you. This is what faith is all about, in my eyes. Trusting God with every single soul out there. The times we could have chosen love, but did not, the times we could have chosen hate, but chose love instead. "Not saved". "Saved". When we follow Jesus, the less "dross" will need to be burned off of us. The refining fire. His plan is perfect.

Just some thoughts.
peace,
sparrow
It appears you are speculating, based on what you want God to be, rather than the full extent of what Jesus revealed.

Old 11-20-2023, 03:27 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn of ‘83 View Post
It appears you are speculating, based on what you want God to be, rather than the full extent of what Jesus revealed.
Care to explain why you think that?

Old 11-20-2023, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Care to explain why you think that?
First you said O’Darby’s story was a false view of God, when it is, as I showed, supported by scripture. Then, you offered your “thoughts”, based on your experience. Hence, speculation.

Old 11-20-2023, 04:05 PM

Quote:
First you said O’Darby’s story was a false view of God, when it is, as I showed, supported by scripture. Then, you offered your “thoughts”, based on your experience. Hence, speculation.
supported by scripture? Eternal torment? You actually believe that God will put human souls into an everlasting state of conscious torment? Is that what you are saying is supported by scripture?

secondly, when did you "show" this? Which post? What did I miss?
I want to be sure I'm understanding you correctly, before I go further.

Old 11-20-2023, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wonderful witness, sparrow!
Thank you Mystic. I appreciate the encouraging words.

Old 11-20-2023, 04:08 PM

4,859 posts, read 451,031 times
The fundamentalist literalists live in a world of their own. We call it: a REFUSAL to LEARN.

Old 11-20-2023, 04:43 PM

Quote:
supported by scripture? Eternal torment? You actually believe that God will put human souls into an everlasting state of conscious torment? Is that what you are saying is supported by scripture?

secondly, when did you "show" this? Which post? What did I miss?
I want to be sure I'm understanding you correctly, before I go further.
You’re supporting my argument that you’re speculating. “Surely God wouldn’t do xyz.”

I showed it when I used the words of Jesus.

Old 11-20-2023, 05:05 PM

Quote:
You’re supporting my argument that you’re speculating. “Surely God wouldn’t do xyz.”

I showed it when I used the words of Jesus.
Which post?

Also, you didn't answer my question:
Quote:
Eternal torment? You actually believe that God will put human souls into an everlasting state of conscious torment? Is that what you are saying is supported by scripture?
I do not know what you believe. Is that what you believe? I can't really have a conversation with you, if I don't know what perspective you have.

Last edited by .sparrow.; 11-20-2023 at 05:22 PM..

Old 11-20-2023, 05:26 PM

Quote:
which post?

Also, you didn't answer my question:

I do not know what you believe. Is that what you believe? I can't really have a conversation with you, if i don't know what perspective you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity