Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 01:16 PM

424 posts, read 91,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Heaven is not a box where a goat goes to one place while the sheep go to another.

That is the main problem with most, most assume everything, they assume to have the same holy spirit as the first disciples without a single power.

Why would a Christian begin a progressive path to actually obtain the water promised on Pentecost?

That's the problem, people assume they already have the same spirit as if there were no requirements.

I am over wishing I could convince other Christian's that the water of Pentecost is to a progressive race, but why would a Chtistian race to finish out their first season ending on Pentecost when they believe they already have the spirit of Pentecost, not to mention the second promised rain they also reject and do not pray for, they have no interest in running a race they think they have already won.

How do you convince anyone that it's a race through the barley ending in the wheat harvest when in fact, those aren't the holy days and objectives of Christianity anymore.

I would like discussing all 3 harvests with all Christians but they have no interest and tell you STRAIGHT UP, " That's the old Jewish religion, I am a Christian so dont speak to me of barley, wheat, vines, trees or grapes, I am not a farmer.

It is a race, it really is.

1 Corinthianls
Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

1 Corinthians
According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. 11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Everyone in here debates this or that but salvation is not reward, and anyone who thinks they have arrived are soraly mistaken.

It is a race and nobody is building, everyone thinks he has what was promised to those who run the race but they dont even know it's a race to Pentecost, much less the race of Rosh Hashanah to Shemini Atzeret.

Salvation is not reward and barely being saved pulled from a fire isn't going to get you a house, Jesus built the foundation, but you build the house inside of you, and if he matures, he is caught up to heaven as your eternal house waiting for you and you still may not get it.

Who has obtained the prize?
This is not in a offence or a attack, but, let me ask you this. I do not know you, personally, but still, why should I listen to your understanding of what the bible says? I only glance when you write and take nothing in because of the profile name you've chosen for yourself, I believe it is not your real name but just a profile name. You may be completely right and I may be completely wrong in understanding of the scriptures. You may have chose that profile name for many reason, which may be normal to a human, but I raise my guard up. You even said Jesus died as a snake. So why should I hear what you say?

Esit: I did say I personally do not know you. It's not a judgment on you it's my personal guard which I am entitled to raise. Just how others raised it when I spoke about John 17:3.

Last edited by rjack567; 12-04-2023 at 02:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2023, 02:57 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjack567 View Post
This is not in a offence or a attack, but, let me ask you this. I do not know you, personally, but still, why should I listen to your understanding of what the bible says? I only glance when you write and take nothing in because of the profile name you've chosen for yourself, I believe it is not your real name but just a profile name. You may be completely right and I may be completely wrong in understanding of the scriptures. You may have chose that profile name for many reason, which may be normal to a human, but I raise my guard up. You even said Jesus died as a snake. So why should I hear what you say?

Esit: I did say I personally do not know you. It's not a judgment on you it's my personal guard which I am entitled to raise. Just how others raised it when I spoke about John 17:3.
My profile name lol.

Fair enough.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 12-04-2023 at 03:26 PM..

Old 12-04-2023, 05:12 PM

Quote:
My profile name lol.

Fair enough.
well, you may laugh at it, but the words you've been saying like "Jesus died as snake" are not helping. That's all I am saying. when I first saw your posts, I did read them and I understood what you meant about we have snake in our heads - that's something I've never heard and I agreed to it, that we have snake in our head. But these, not helping. I am just being honest with you.

Old 12-04-2023, 09:03 PM

Quote:
well, you may laugh at it, but the words you've been saying like "Jesus died as snake" are not helping. That's all I am saying. when I first saw your posts, I did read them and I understood what you meant about we have snake in our heads - that's something I've never heard and I agreed to it, that we have snake in our head. But these, not helping. I am just being honest with you.
Genesis
Then the LORD God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”

“The serpent deceived me,” she replied, “and I ate.”

So the LORD God said to the serpent:

“Because you have done this,

cursed are you above all livestock

and every beast of the field!

On your belly will you go,

and dust you will eat,

all the days of your life.

And I will put enmity between you and the woman,

and between your seed and her seed.

He will crush your head,

and you will strike his heel.

If the serpent isn't a part of what we are, what is he?

Imagine the 3 in the garden as body, soul, and spirit.

Give it a try, how did Jesus crush the head of the serpent and why?

Why the need if he's just a snake?

Old 12-04-2023, 09:19 PM

Quote:

I carried Josephus Flavius with me every day for over a year reading it 10 to 18 hours a day every day. My friend always called me Josephus because I come from a long line of Joseph Oliver's that my dad was just named, "J.O." an initial name and so I took the name Flavius just as Josephus did. I see my name as two people at odds, Hannibal with so much hate against Rome that he was known as Rome's greatest enemy or at least a man known for his hatred of Rome.

In my crazy head I see elephants standing on the alps spraying rain over the whole world.

I mean, dude took elephants over the alps, but with me and my name, they just show a war within myself.

I am Joel, please call me Hanni.

Old 12-05-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Genesis

and dust you will eat,

He will crush your head,

I am assuming that this will become a never-ending conversation as I will never agree that Jesus died as a snake.

God created everything in 6 days for himself. He then rested on the 7th day. Since then, He never worked for himself. He, forever, has been working for the things that he created. This proves that God is selfless.

Jesus, in the same way, worked only for others. Never for himself - one of the reasons why he is the Lord of the Sabbath is because he did what God did/does (John 5:19). Read Psalm 35 and 69; He fasted and put on sackcloth for those who were ill and healed them. Jesus lived for others, not for himself.

Snake represents selfishness, thinks only about itself. Satan is a snake because he only thinks about himself. Hence, he fell from the glory of God - who was, is, and will always be selfless - but Satan proved himself that he is selfish. He even asked Jesus 3 times through temptation to be selfish. Change the stones into bread (so his fasting for people can end), worship me and I will give you the kingdom (exchange God your Father with me and make me your father, why wait and inherit tomorrow, I'll give you things today, go enjoy life), jump off the building the Lord will send his angels (lets see if your Father is a person who keeps his word). Snake doesn't consider others and their emotions and plans. Isaiah 14:12-15.

Jesus lived a selfless life. Though the gospel doesn't say he fasted and put on sackcloth, In the Psalms, David prophesied it. Fasting and sackcloth are humbleness. Matthew 18:3 No one can enter until they become like a child, which means 'become humble like a child'. He crushed the snake by its head (the world of selfishness and pride) while he lived being humble, and he spoke about it, even when he hung on the cross, he was crushing the head of the snake by being selfless. so the world struck his heel by nailing him on the cross because the world can not accept selflessness, including those who point out selfish behavior.

Jesus never was a snake because of Isaiah 42 1-7, especially verse 6. Even to Moses, God only gave commandments. But God held Jesus' hand, wrote His commands on Jesus' heart, and made him the first. The bible says that only in the new creation - after the resurrection - God will write his commands on our hearts. but for Jesus, he did it already even when he was in the womb, to prove that eternal life is near and to seek the light.

If Jesus is a snake or died as a snake, it is not worth calling him my Lord and my King - ruler of kings. He died obeying God, being unselfish, in all humbleness, mirroring the Father.

Old 12-05-2023, 09:56 PM

And now time for a little Elvis lol.

https://youtu.be/WWVMXLSS1cA?feature=shared

Old 12-07-2023, 04:53 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Genesis
and dust you will eat,
He will crush your head,

That original serpent is Satan according to Revelation 12:12,9.
Sinner Satan used the serpent as a ventriloquist uses his dummy.
Jesus is the one who will crush Satan out of existence - Hebrews 2:14 B
Satan dealt Jesus a heal wound ( meaning Jesus recovered from death )
Jesus deals Satan a head wound ( meaning No recovery - Rev. 21:8 )
Eating dust equals: death for Satan.

Old 12-07-2023, 05:52 PM

If I am correct then the 3 in the garden represent body, soul, and spirit, but which is which?

If the church is the female body of the head that represents the body and the head is Christ representing as Adam, then what is left but the soul?

Is the most beautiful creature a soul?

Ezekiel calls him the covering cherub of the garden, and the covering is not the body , it is the covering of the body.

Old 12-08-2023, 11:16 AM

Quote:
If I am correct then the 3 in the garden represent body, soul, and spirit, but which is which?

If the church is the female body of the head that represents the body and the head is Christ representing as Adam, then what is left but the soul?

Is the most beautiful creature a soul?

Ezekiel calls him the covering cherub of the garden, and the covering is not the body , it is the covering of the body.
Body by itself is not bad. But living for the desires of the body (carnality) is what put to death while living. Jesus was not carnal, Adam was. Things of the heaven above is spiritual, things of the earth below is carnal - Colossians 3:2.

Spirit covers the body. Looking towards heaven will cover the body by protecting it from carnal desires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity