Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 12:50 PM

10,115 posts, read 5,031,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Job's wife urged him to curse God and die.
I do not remember any mention of 'sin' from his wife, nor his children.
Please share the passage where you found this.
I find it at Job 2:9. Remember Job's wife was seeing Job's suffering when she said that
In other words, her saying curse God and die was in effect saying kill yourself, commit suicide

Right, there was No sin involved - Job 2:4-5
Satan was Not only challenging Job but us too ' touch our flesh....' ( loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God
Both righteous Job and Jesus under adverse suffering proved Satan a liar and so can we
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2024, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Yes, this story is one of my many stumbling-blocks. God makes a wager with Satan at the expense of the little guy. Sigh.....................
More than Job ( Job 2:4-5 ) because Satan is challenging ALL of us:
' touch our flesh ...... ' ( meaning loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God under adverse conditions
Under adverse suffering both Job and Jesus proved Satan a liar and so can we

Old 06-03-2024, 01:00 PM

37,618 posts, read 61,717,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find it at Job 2:9. Remember Job's wife was seeing Job's suffering when she said that
In other words, her saying curse God and die was in effect saying kill yourself, commit suicide

Right, there was No sin involved - Job 2:4-5
Satan was Not only challenging Job but us too ' touch our flesh....' ( loose physical health ) and we would Not serve God
Both righteous Job and Jesus under adverse suffering proved Satan a liar and so can we
One of the cool things about Job was that he lived before Moses.

Among dispensationalism, Job is known as a 'patriarch' because he was a follower from before The Law.

However, the books of Moses do not list the laws that the patriarchs were expected to follow.

We tend to think of Moses as the 'Law Giver'. This then leaves us without a solid list of laws from before Moses gave us the list of 614 laws.

Within the book of Job, Job himself lists all known sins/laws.

I was very happy the day that God lifted my veil from my eyes to see Job's list of known sins.

Old 06-04-2024, 04:24 AM

17 posts, read 2,052 times
The Bible warns. 5 Things You Shouldn't Say as a Christian Don't say it like that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB2_HUOT9PQ

Old Today, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
.................................................. .........Within the book of Job, Job himself lists all known sins/laws.
I was very happy the day that God lifted my veil from my eyes to see Job's list of known sins.
Satan (Job 2:4-5) was not there challenging sins but about suffering
' Touch our flesh.....' (Loose physical health) and No one would serve God
Both imperfect Job and sinless Jesus suffering under adverse conditions proved Satan a liar and so can we

Old Today, 11:42 AM

37,618 posts, read 61,717,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Satan (Job 2:4-5) was not there challenging sins but about suffering
' Touch our flesh.....' (Loose physical health) and No one would serve God
Both imperfect Job and sinless Jesus suffering under adverse conditions proved Satan a liar and so can we
I don't think I said a word about satan challenging sin.

Within the book of Job, we find a list of all known sins from before Moses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity