Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 11:24 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times

Advertisements

Sometimes when we are waiting for God to answer our prayers we do not realize that He may be using us to be an answer to someone else's prayers. He may have work for you in Yuma that is as yet undone. You may be there to help Him answer someone else's prayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 01:14 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,469,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I have desperately been trying to get out of Yuma, AZ for a long time now. I have been praying and crying out to God for a job in Indiana but no answer and a lot of rejection letters. I miss my family and I am always sick all the time from severe allergies due to dust, pesticides, and field burning. I missed 15 days of work last year because my allergies were so bad. I basically have no life here in Yuma other than watching movies and tv. I want to be out of Yuma so bad that it is painful but can't leave until I find a job. I am just wondering if God is trying to punish for something awful I did.
I am right there with ya here in PA! Good to know it isn't just me,but I try and keep in mind this must be some sort of test. I sometimes joke it's God's boot camp,getting me toughened for bigger things.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:49 PM

73 posts, read 89,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Bluebelt, my spiritual advisors would respond to me a certain way if I came at them with that thread title, "Does God want me miserable?"

Their answer would be, "You reek of self pity." And they'd be right. I'd mix in a little fear, fear that God doesn't have a plan for you, or fear that His plan doesn't match yours or come in your time.

But after reading your circumstances, it doesn't match the harshness of your title. You just sound like you're a little stuck and could use a break here or there.

I believe that God help you in ways you couldn't even dream. If we put the intent out there without reservation and truly want to go after that goal, then things can happen.

Let God help you. But stay the course. Do your part too. Do the footwork necessary to get you to Indiana. Meanwhile, do your best to take care of yourself right now at this moment. The miracle is in the moment, in this breath.

Are you in any immediate danger? Are tigers chasing you down right now? Are you hungry or tired? Do you have any outstanding bills that are threatening your credit? Can you call them and arrange the best deal? Can friends or family help you? Do you need to ask for help?

If so, allow those the opportunity to serve you, at least until you get back on your feet. It's a gift to be able to serve others. It works both ways. It's sometimes harder to graciously accept a gift as it is to just give unconditionally.

This is what my spiritual advisors would say to me. Brutal, arent' they?

The problem is that I have done the legwork and more that has been asked of me and God has been putting me on the ignore button for 25-30 years.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Sometimes when we are waiting for God to answer our prayers we do not realize that He may be using us to be an answer to someone else's prayers. He may have work for you in Yuma that is as yet undone. You may be there to help Him answer someone else's prayers.
I worked with the mentally and physically challenged for many years, worked with everyone society did not want, as a county officer, and have done the legwork, so-called "God helps those who help themselves." Yet, my prayers after all of this are on ignore, while God has answered and helped those who have only helped themselves, and no one else. Yet, when it comes to my one prayer, I am on ignore. I need my prayer answered, after I have been used to answer all of the prayers of others. It is getting old fast, after 25-30 years.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:56 PM

If you knew some more things about me, you would understand why I think as I do.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:58 PM

5,573 posts, read 6,498,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I'm very sorry for your suffering, Bluebelt. I'm going to put a different spin on this, because sometimes God wants us to ACT, and then trust.

You say you have family in Indiana....can you stay with them for a while? Do you have the means to go ahead and pack up and go? I understand the fear of leaving a job and going to nothing, but this is where the ultimate faith test comes in. God wants to simply know sometimes that we have enough faith to completely trust in Him to provide. Maybe He's not saying "you can't leave".....maybe He's saying "Leave, and trust in Me".

I'm a bit of a gypsy, so this may not seem reasonable to some people. But I have always taken the leap to move and quit jobs when I was extremely unhappy and having complete faith that God will provide something new and better because I have put it ALL in His hands.

Just my perspective, for what it's worth. I've gotten REALLY good at packing.
My thoughts exactly! Put your life in God's hands, pray for guidance and the wisdom to recognize what he is telling you, and become pro-active in your Indiana job search and living arrangements. If you are unsure in your decisions, listen to your inner feelings, if you feel comfortable, it is God speaking to you. If you have any doubts, don't do it/do it, depending on what you are trying to decide. I live by this and God has never let me down. God Bless You.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:21 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
What a great little post by Ilene Wright!

So sad to see her fall away. I find it quite interesting she called herself "DayoftheLord" at one point as well.

As for life being miserable at times, I guess who the lord loves he rebukes and chastens. If the tree is bearing fruit he prunes it to see if it produces more fruit.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:45 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
So, let's see if I've got this right: "You are unhappy with your location and lot in life ... and, therefore, God is somehow responsible for making you happier" ...???

What if you decide tomorrow to shave your head and paint your face green and blue ... only to discover that it really makes you look stupid, ... rather than cool, like you had hoped. Would you then ask why "God wanted you to look stupid?"

Old 05-14-2012, 02:47 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
the secret is being content with what you have. Yuma sucks, it is too hot for me. lived there for a bit.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:52 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,364,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I have desperately been trying to get out of Yuma, AZ for a long time now. I have been praying and crying out to God for a job in Indiana but no answer and a lot of rejection letters. I miss my family and I am always sick all the time from severe allergies due to dust, pesticides, and field burning. I missed 15 days of work last year because my allergies were so bad. I basically have no life here in Yuma other than watching movies and tv. I want to be out of Yuma so bad that it is painful but can't leave until I find a job. I am just wondering if God is trying to punish for something awful I did.
God does not operate like that. He does, however, help those who help themselves.
Sometimes we have to make a very bold move without the apparent safety net we want! He wants you to trust Him. Yes, even without a job. If you have real faith, pick up and move, knowing He will take care of you.

I have tested this theory many times. While the results may not always be exactly as I thought I wanted or needed, I was always protected.

The key is to make your move without a guarantee and trust He will see you to the end. That, or sit there and continue to be in misery.

And remember, our agenda is not alway's God's agenda for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity