Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 08:34 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
Your church tells you that the words of God are unimportant.

This is a blatant lie !
I do not need to defend the church, but I will say, we study from both the old and the new testaments, but our doctrine is from the new .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 09:37 AM

348 posts, read 557,294 times
Default OK by me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
In the first place, I am a follower of Christ...a Christian, and not a "futerist", which is not a biblical term. And in the second place, since this thread has been taken over by those who call themselves "preterists", it is now your thread....not mine.

I shall continue to follow the doctrine of Christ, and leave all the following of prophecy to you guys.....
Quote:
I do not believe the following of prophecy is necessary to be saved.
Mankind has misinterpreted prophecy ever since the beginning of time, and continues to do so.
Well, I didn't come here to have a fight with you. It is fine with me if you do not wish to discuss this anymore. You are the one who said that it was not necessary to "I do not believe the following of prophecy is necessary to be saved". These are the "words" I was talking about. Much of the New testament speaks of Christ's coming and the fall of Jerusalem. Whole books. That is why I said that. Because you said it.
If you do not want to take part in this discussion then it is OK by me. Before you start a thread such as this, you should be well versed in Daniel, Isaiah, Revelation and such other books. I started out myself by reading them over and over again. Familiarizing myself with them. Picking out the easy things that I could understand, then moving on to the more difficult.
Thanks for your patronage.

God's people were here form the beginning. It didn't start with the Stone, Campbell movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity