Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 08:39 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Concerning the OP's original post....

Joyce Meyer has an audio set (and probably a book, too) named "Please Help Me, I'm Tired" that may speak to you.
Thanks, WC....and welcome back, btw. All of a sudden our past problems seem really trivial. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way.

I AM tired, and I will be checking out for a while.

It's a sad state of affairs when Christians are persecuting other Christians.

I'll be looking for that book....you know I love Joyce Meyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 08:50 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
You're welcome. You're forgiven.

You are my Sister in Christ.

I edited and added something to that post that I hope you'll also receive in the spirit it was intended. There has to be a door open somewhere that needs to be closed ...

I want only God's best for you!

Old 08-17-2008, 09:19 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Thank you, WC.

I'd just like to say before I leave that nothing is ever as it seems.

The things that I said have a lot of truth to them about the people in churches in my area, but there is WAAAAY more to this problem. I can see that my explanation was not sufficient, but that's the only one that will be given here.

I will never talk about it here on CD, so you guys will just have to trust me when I say that this has NOTHING to do with me not forgiving someone or something.

That has all been taken care of through the grace of God.

My advice would be to LET THINGS GO. When someone is trying to get back to the topic of the thread, then please do it!!

I do love my other brothers and sisters in Christ, but you've done such a number on me right now that there is nothing else to say.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:29 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I do love my other brothers and sisters in Christ, but you've done such a number on me right now that there is nothing else to say.
To grow, you have to stretch. When you stretch, it hurts.

Godspeed.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:01 AM

Default God is faithful

There are many walking wounded in the body of Christ. We all should be sensitive to that fact and try to pour in healing oil.

Wounds are very deceptive. There are layers to healing. When healing is incomplete ... i.e., hurt, unforgiveness, bitterness, .. it is an open door for Satan to come in and torment us.

From watching and listening to people you can see things clearly that they may not be aware of. You can tell much about a person by the way they react to others... the things they say.... the way they relate to others, try to control, become defensive or are quickly offended.

I have been hurt very deeply in my life... many, many times. The process of healing is very painful. We have to be willing to give up control and yield to the power of the Holy Spirit. Before most of us come to that place, we usually have to come to a place in our lives where we are desparate for God's help.

David cried out to God and asked God to search him...

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-17-2008 at 11:49 AM..

Old 08-17-2008, 11:29 AM

Agreed in many aspects. But just remember that sometimes the help hurts, even if it's only perceived pain by the recipient.

Ask anyone who has gotten a needle with "healing" medicine.

A world without sorrow and pain this is not. The new world will be such.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:39 AM

Default olives to oil...

Quote:
A world without sorrow and pain this is not. The new world will be such.
Amen. Help hurts... and the human response is usually getting angry when someone gets too close to an area that is painful.

Letting down ones defenses and allowing surgery... ouch.

But there is always fruit.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Amen. Help hurts... and the human response is usually getting angry when someone gets too close to an area that is painful.

Letting down ones defenses and allowing surgery... ouch.

But there is always fruit.
Well said - indeed!

I've got scars all over this body. Real and otherwise.

Funny part is, looking back I can point to most of them and see how it brought me closer to God!

Old 08-17-2008, 12:21 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Amen! World Citzen & JViello! Beautiful words of encouragement! God's loving grace is perfect and sufficient for all who have the deep wounds of a hurting soul.
He makes everything beautiful in His time!!!
DOTL.... WE LOVE YOU!!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 12:29 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times
DOTL, I do hope and pray that nothing that I have said has been percieved as persecution!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity