Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 07:06 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,842,106 times

Advertisements

Preterist has given me an idea. We cannot all agree on the time frame of revelation and the rapture, so lets take it book by book, word for word if necessary and approach the end of the book in a civil dialogue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 07:11 PM

852 posts, read 1,366,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Preterist has given me an idea. We cannot all agree on the time frame of revelation and the rapture, so lets take it book by book, word for word if necessary and approach the end of the book in a civil dialogue.
This would be a great idea...if people could simply tell their thoughts and not disrespect other's opinions.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:55 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,993,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryturner View Post
This would be a great idea...if people could simply tell their thoughts and not disrespect other's opinions.
I agree with sherry. You can count me in too.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:20 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,447,137 times
And what I do KNOW about preterist's teaching is: ALL THINGS HAD ALREADY BEEN FULFILLED!! Don't need to "JUMP" on their ban-wagon! Christ is STILL "due" for HIS final appearance, and SOME of us..................S-T-I-L-L have HOPE!!

Waiting on Christ Jesus.............................Final Answer!!

Old 02-26-2009, 08:50 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,993,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
And what I do KNOW about preterist's teaching is: ALL THINGS HAD ALREADY BEEN FULFILLED!! Don't need to "JUMP" on their ban-wagon! Christ is STILL "due" for HIS final appearance, and SOME of us..................S-T-I-L-L have HOPE!!

Waiting on Christ Jesus.............................Final Answer!!
Hi Betsey,
I can of course only speak for myself, but I have no desire to study any of the Preterism ideas. I'm pretty sure you're misunderstanding what Robin meant.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:53 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,415,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Hi Betsey,
I can of course only speak for myself, but I have no desire to study any of the Preterism ideas. I'm pretty sure that the others don't want to learn Preterism either, but just want to do a study to find the truth.
Good because Preterism is not the truth.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,674,708 times
Preterism is cold.

On a brighter note, anyone have a copy of The Footsteps of the Messiah? I highly recommend it as it goes through the whole book of Revelation in addition to all other prophetic books. It's a study of the sequence of end times events from the pretrib/premil/dispensational point of view. Here it is at Amazon: Amazon.com: The Footsteps of the Messiah: A Study of the Sequence of Prophetic Events, Revised Edition: Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum: Books I can't stress how important this book is to my studies. It nearly forces you to finger-walk through the Bible!

Old 02-26-2009, 09:35 PM

If I can find it I have a study booklet on revelation, but my intent is to get all views and opinions without crushing anyones particular views or perceptions. Another words, let Gods word do all the work needed in each heart.

I will post some thoughts on revelation 1 friday and we can go from there. I do not have to be the first or the last, my only concern is that we do so in a peacable manner.

Old 02-27-2009, 02:30 PM

Ok the main thing that sticks out to me in Rev 1 is verse 19;

"Write therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later.

Now I know this may seem like beating a dead horse but it is believed this book was written between 90AD and 110AD which right off the bat negates the theory that all was fulfilled by 70AD.

Now there is nothing in the first chapter that indicates the rapture will take place let alone when it will take place.

Something else we must take into account is how long it would take for the letter to be spread to all the Churches named. Sometimes it took as much as four months for something to get from point A to point B, as a matter of fact according to some writings a trip from Great Britain to Israel at the time took a year by boat. I dont know how true that is but that would make for pretty slow sharing of new information.

Also we must take into account, and this is according to certain historical texts, John was the only apostle left alive when this book was written making him the end of the apostalic line.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:49 PM

852 posts, read 1,366,702 times
Default Rev. 1

What "stuck out" the most in this chapter for me when it is said:
Rev 1:3
Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near

John is being told to write the to the seven churches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity