Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:31 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,703,076 times

Advertisements

Thanks Alpha and thefer for the updates...such a relief to hear! If there is anything I can do just dm me. I'll do whatever I can from here!!
Thanks for the link, Alpha!
Blessings to all! Your all a wonderful bunch of individuals... !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 01:06 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,406,185 times
Hello my dear friends!!! I am still in east Texas at my mothers house, but we are all ok. I heard my house if ok, praise the Lord! THANK YOU all so much for the prayers, thoughts, love and concern you have shown me during this time!!! Words cannot express how greatful I am to ALL of you! This proves once again how much we all do care about each other. I have no idea when I will be able to get back to my house, there is still no power there. Special note here to June....I got my nails done yesterday and I have a hair appt Friday! I still have to look good! I don't know when I'll be able to check in again, but hopefully soon. Thank you all again, I love you all!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so thankful we finally decided to get out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 09-16-2008 at 01:41 PM..

Old 09-16-2008, 03:06 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,283,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

Special note here to June....I got my nails done yesterday and I have a hair appt Friday! I still have to look good!

REALLY!?

Well, now truth be told, June would expect nothing less from our fine, Texan, southern lady than to uphold the highest of standards as regards personal beauty at all times, hurricanes being no exception! Nothing less from our coon sister, ILNC! --Oh, and for what it's worth, ILNC, after you and June spoke that desperately stormy, windy, and hair raising (pun intended) night, she said another "you know what" for you: That your hair would hold up through the storm, and that the backup generator that you specifically had installed just for that curling iron and blow dryer would prevail!

Long live coon and women of beauty; hurricanes and all! Let hair and nails rule! Not even gale force winds above 100 mph can keep our ILNC from lookin' good at all times!!!!

--You've made June proud, ILNC, proud! She's weeping with joy!

Old 09-16-2008, 07:54 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,672,122 times
Hi ya ILNC, glad to see you found a computer so you could update us! So very glad your house is ok, that had me worried for sure....huggs to you

Old 09-16-2008, 08:43 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,665,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

REALLY!?

Well, now truth be told, June would expect nothing less from our fine, Texan, southern lady than to uphold the highest of standards as regards personal beauty at all times, hurricanes being no exception! Nothing less from our coon sister, ILNC! --Oh, and for what it's worth, ILNC, after you and June spoke that desperately stormy, windy, and hair raising (pun intended) night, she said another "you know what" for you: That your hair would hold up through the storm, and that the backup generator that you specifically had installed just for that curling iron and blow dryer would prevail!

Long live coon and women of beauty; hurricanes and all! Let hair and nails rule! Not even gale force winds above 100 mph can keep our ILNC from lookin' good at all times!!!!

--You've made June proud, ILNC, proud! She's weeping with joy!
Well June,I see that protective circle worked and it's good to see ILNC back online if only for a short time..........You take care of yourself ILNC and I'm sure that your house will be just fine...

Old 09-16-2008, 08:51 PM

7,999 posts, read 12,283,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post

Well June, I see that protective circle worked
The proof is in the nails and hair, my friend...

Old 09-16-2008, 08:54 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,665,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
The proof is in the nails and hair, my friend...

June,I can't disagree with that....

Old 09-16-2008, 09:45 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,940 times
Thank goodness I thought I was going to have to call June for therapy!
Good to see that little ILNC name pop up again!!
I feel better now may be next time June.
Seriously Girl you be careful when you start back!
Oh and pop in every now and then just to keep me sane. Yeah right me Sane lol

Old 09-17-2008, 07:19 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,723,577 times
I talked to ILNC yesterday and she's quite unhappy with how her nails were done. She won't be going back there again! But it had to do in a pinch. God help the hair stylist that doesn't listen to ILNC's exact instructions. I think once the Catfish Shack opens back up they'll be headed to dinner there one evening. Yeah, it's a real place!

She did mention that the first day Wal-Mart was open there was a line almost around the building. It took at least 30 minutes just to get in the door! She's only allowed on the library computer for an hour. She said she should be back later this week. Still not sure when they can get home due to loss of power.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:34 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,723,577 times
Default Good news

GOOD NEWS

I just received a call from ILNC and she was hootin' and hollerin' Texas style! They have electricity at her house so she and her husband are gettin' out of her momma's house and headin' back down to Houston this morning. I don't know what she's more excited about, getting to sleep in her own bed, or get on City-data! You may see her on here this evening. Praise God that all is ok and they came through the storm safe and sound. And only a week or so since her step-daughter passed away. She's been through quite a bit this past month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity