Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2008, 04:30 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,247,022 times

Advertisements

My husband is facing a difficult situation. Please pray for him, for strengh - his name is John. He is a professional man (CPA), in practice for 22 years, never a problem and now there is. His license and livelihood could be in danger and we may end up fighting the US Government (not comforting). We don't have a lot to fight this; nothing has happened yet but please pray that someone sees this with a clear head.

Today is September 27th - he was told within 3 weeks, something might happen.

Please pray that nothing does.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 04:32 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,247,022 times
Smile Also, one other thing

Since we are Christians, my sister says this is the devil circling us and his work. He tried something exactly 5 years ago (emotional affair) but we stuck together and beat it.

He is a such a kind person and would be the type to stop and help someone with a flat tire - he doesn't deserve this at all.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:34 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,653,102 times
We will pray for John that God holds him steady in whatever happens. It sounds like you are standing by his side. God is always in control and will not put us in a situation which is too difficult to bear. Take special care...

Old 09-27-2008, 05:45 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,284,238 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
My husband is facing a difficult situation. Please pray for him, for strengh - his name is John. He is a professional man (CPA), in practice for 22 years, never a problem and now there is. His license and livelihood could be in danger and we may end up fighting the US Government (not comforting). We don't have a lot to fight this; nothing has happened yet but please pray that someone sees this with a clear head.

Today is September 27th - he was told within 3 weeks, something might happen.

Please pray that nothing does.

Thank you.

You are in our prayers
You have a lot to fight with, because IIChronicles and 20 promises this
Chapter 20
Chapter 20
Jehoshaphat, in his fear, proclaims a fast
1 It came to pass after this also, that the children of Moab, and the children of Ammon, and with them other beside the Ammonites, came against Jehoshaphat to battle. 2 Then there came some that told Jehoshaphat, saying, There cometh a great multitude against thee from beyond the sea on this side Syria; and, behold, they be in Hazazontamar, which is Engedi. 3 And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah. 4 And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD. 5 And Jehoshaphat stood in the congregation of Judah and Jerusalem, in the house of the LORD, before the new court, 6 And said, O LORD God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee? 7 Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever? 8 And they dwelt therein, and have built thee a sanctuary therein for thy name, saying, 9 If, when evil cometh upon us, as the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we stand before this house, and in thy presence, (for thy name is in this house,) and cry unto thee in our affliction, then thou wilt hear and help. 10 And now, behold, the children of Ammon and Moab and mount Seir, whom thou wouldest not let Israel invade, when they came out of the land of Egypt, but they turned from them, and destroyed them not; 11 Behold, I say, how they reward us, to come to cast us out of thy possession, which thou hast given us to inherit. 12 O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee. 13 And all Judah stood before the LORD, with their little ones, their wives, and their children.

The prophecy of Jahaziel
14 Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the LORD in the midst of the congregation; 15 And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's. 16 To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel. 17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you. 18 And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD.
2 Chron 20:1-18 (KJV)
Be encouraged both of you
God Bless You

Old 09-27-2008, 05:53 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,284,238 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
Since we are Christians, my sister says this is the devil circling us and his work. He tried something exactly 5 years ago (emotional affair) but we stuck together and beat it.

He is a such a kind person and would be the type to stop and help someone with a flat tire - he doesn't deserve this at all.

Bette;
It is so wonderful that John have as a helpmeet , to intercede for him and love and encourage him in this trial;
God Bless You
for being a godly wife

Old 09-27-2008, 05:57 PM

754 posts, read 1,739,716 times
Bette, always remember if God will bring you to it then he'll bring you through it. I definitely believe that. He will never give us more than we can bear. Have faith and hope and I will keep you and your husband John in my prayers.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:24 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
I am praying for John, that this is a mistake. I was once in a situation and faced dire consequences because of another persons actions..
I remembered that Jesus said to give our sorrows to him..soon He showed me what to do..
Lay your burdens at the foot of the cross with faith that He will lead you through this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity