Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does establishment of a 'gay'-friendly school constitute endorsement of an immoral lifestyle?
Yes 32 45.07%
No 39 54.93%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 04:23 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,719,430 times

Advertisements

As a Christian I am appalled at so much in our culture today. I often have to remind myself that I am a visitor here, and that my home is in heaven. We are aliens and strangers here. I feel that more and more as they days pass on and I read articles like the one I've included below. Where is our country and world going? My mom would sometimes jokingly say "you're goin' to hell in a handbasket if you don't change your ways kid." And that statement is so true for where we are headed...the human race. Please pray for everyone who is caught up in this great delusion. A gay high school is only one of many atrocities in our world today....but this one is encouraging kids to live an open gay life. How utterly devastating.

Windy City proposes 'gay'-friendly school

[LEFT]A battleground is forming in Chicago over a proposed "gay"-friendly high school for homosexual, lesbian, and transgendered students, or any other students who want to attend. According to reports, taxpayer money would be used to fund the school.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]The school would be called the Pride Campus of Social Justice High School, and plans are under way to possibly open its doors in 2010. Advocates of the school say...click to read more (http://www.onenewsnow.com/Education/Default.aspx?id=282984 - broken link)[/LEFT]

Old 10-16-2008, 04:46 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Well it seems we already have straight friendly high schools, why not gay friendly? It would have to be very small though. It would make gay students much safer being away from the bigots and intolerance.
Plus the staight students would be removed from the influence of the "evil" gays.

I think it's a great idea.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:59 PM

305 posts, read 1,729,471 times
I think it's sad that it's necessary, that people show such hatred towards others that those being persecuted feel they need to leave in order to be safe and loved. As Christians, we should love everyone, not necessarily love their actions, but love the people.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleBebe View Post
I think it's sad that it's necessary, that people show such hatred towards others that those being persecuted feel they need to leave in order to be safe and loved. As Christians, we should love everyone, not necessarily love their actions, but love the people.
It sounds more like your advocating tolerance. What would Jesus say about a school that promotes sin? Because in essence that is what it's doing. It may be a fantastic educational facility but creating for kids who believe they are gay only promotes and advocates sin.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:40 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,174 times
Since you posted your poll on the Christian sub-forum I did not vote. I am not a Christian but I do not believe that an openly gay life is immoral. I fully support any institution that aims to help young gay people realize that their sexual orientation is not immoral. I see that there are Christians in this world who agree with me and not with you. That gives me hope for all young gay people and especially for young gay Christians.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post

That gives me hope for all young gay people and especially for young gay Christians.
Being gay and a Christian is not possible. You are either one or the other.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:43 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Being gay and a Christian is not possible. You are either one or the other.
That's what many Christians say but I don't believe it. I believe the Christians who say the opposite.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:43 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Personally, I think we should have Readin', Rritin', and Rithmetic' high schools instead of focusing on the sexual behaviors of our children..I don't see the connection between sexual practices and fantasies of our children and the education they need to fulfill the research labs, educational fields, government and all the other services we will be depending on our youth to provide one day..

Old 10-16-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
That's what many Christians say but I don't believe it. I believe the Christians who say the opposite.
You are most definitely entitled to your opinion, as we all are. I guess it does sounds nicer to include gays into the fold of the church. I guess that is more loving than considering it to be sin. Sin is such a mean, vile and antiquated word.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:58 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,437 times
I honestly don't care about "gay-friendly" schools, I do care that taxpayer dollars must go to building them. Why not just make it a private school? If there is significant demand, let the private sector handle it, otherwise it is a waste of tax dollars for a school that would limit opportunities for students (less students = smaller curriculum).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.