Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 10:20 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,382,460 times

Advertisements

I notice as well that wrath is on the mind of many. Do you think the greatest wrath is ahead of us or behind us? What is the cause? Why the wrath at a particular point in time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,753,706 times
Lightbulb The righteousness;of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I notice as well that wrath is on the mind of many. Do you think the greatest wrath is ahead of us or behind us? What is the cause? Why the wrath at a particular point in time?
Acts 17: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness

God is a merciful father but he is also a righteous father please read some of this information it would help you to understand why it's taking so long but he is not forgotten. He says in his words for those that committed sin, he said for now I will not see your iniquities, but in a day of judgment I will remember all of your sins. People ask when O lords when all this fulfills.
Rev. 6:9-10 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

Romans 1:18-22 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

And he also speaks about those who are very rich in the world today who make the poor, poorer

Treasurest up. To treasure up, or to lay up treasure, commonly denotes a laying by in a place of security of property that may be of use to us at some future period. In this place it is used, however, in a more general sense, to accumulate, to increase. It still has the idea of hoarding up, carries the thought beautifully and impressively onward to future times. Wrath, like wealth treasured up, is not exhausted at present, and hence the sinner becomes bolder in sin. But it exists for future use; it is kept in store (comp. 2 Peter 3:7 (http://www.crossbooks.com/verse.asp?ref=2Pe+3%3A7 - broken link)) against future times; and the man who commits sin is only increasing this by every act of transgression. The same sentiment is taught in a most solemn manner in Deuteronomy 32:34 (http://www.crossbooks.com/verse.asp?ref=Dt+32%3A34 - broken link),35 (http://www.crossbooks.com/verse.asp?ref=Dt+32%3A35 - broken link). It may be remarked here, that most men have an immense treasure of this kind in store, which eternal ages of pain will not exhaust or diminish! Stores of wrath are thus reserved for a guilty world, and in due time it "will come upon man to the uttermost," 1 Thessalonians 2:16 (http://www.crossbooks.com/verse.asp?ref=1Th+2%3A16 - broken link).

Acts 17:29-31 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
Because he hath appointed a day. This is given as a reason why God commands men to repent. They must be judged; and if they are not penitent and pardoned, they must be condemned. Romans 2:16.
Whom he hath ordained. Or whom he has constituted or appointed as judge. Acts 10:42. John 5:25.
Hath given assurance Has afforded evidence of this. That evidence consists,
(1.) in the fact that Jesus declared that he would judge the nations, John 5:25,26 Matthew 25, and
(2.) God confirmed the truth of his declaration by raising him from the dead, or gave his sanction to what the Lord Jesus had said, for God would not work a miracle in favour of an imposter.
2 Peter 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
Romans 2:16In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Acts 10:41-43 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.
And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.
Luke 21:22- 28 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Luke 21:23-28 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh. I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

So my friend God here are cry us for justice

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 11-04-2008 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: Adjusting letter

Old 11-04-2008, 12:33 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,406,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I believe God is being very patient with people, waiting for more to repent, but there will come a time, and only God knows when, that this time will end. Yes the wrath of God will come, read the book of Revelation (and no it has NOT happened yet as some may tell you). And it will be justified wrath because God will give everyone the opportunity to repent, but many will reject it.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
very very very bad behavior.
trust me its guna happen.
i used to demand justice now i beg for mercy.
i got my asbestos suit in layaway.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:37 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,022,886 times
Why is god waiting if He already knows who is going to repent and who isn't? He knows everything that is going to happen, right? At least that's what Christianity teaches.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:39 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,406,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
Why is god waiting if He already knows who is going to repent and who isn't? He knows everything that is going to happen, right? At least that's what Christianity teaches.
Maybe He's waiting for you

Old 11-04-2008, 12:57 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,188,779 times
Quote:
What justifies God's wrath?

He does.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:10 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,382,460 times
Hi all,

One scripture was mentioned in Luke 21 and specifically 21:21 mentions much of this is be local to Judea. Also in Zechariah 13:7-8 Jerusalem is seen to come into judgment. I don't quite see why this generation as having more justification for wrath than another. Someone who is a Jew today may not believe Jesus but they did not see him perform miraculous signs either.

Luke 10
Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles had been performed in Tyre and Sidon which occurred in you, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
There seems to be a greater responsibility for those that witnessed Jesus and had seen his works.

I also find western centric attitudes about Christianity to be troubling even is we are stumbling the rest of the world is having quite a Christian revival or really an arrival such as China.

http://www.economist.com/world/asia/...ry_id=12342509

Asia, Africa and Latin America are really growing and Eastern Europe is getting back some of what was lost as well.

Hoover Institution - Policy Review - The Christian Future

I certainly do not hope for an end because of all the peoples who may fill Gods house. I think its an exciting time and there is a lot of good news here.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:08 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,444,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post

He does.
Yes, He does! He is justice!

Old 11-04-2008, 10:10 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,502,937 times
Because God is holy. Those who do not believe that we are made holy by a loving God who is found in the form of a man, Jesus, will face the wrath that comes from not being holy.
Too many humans believe the lie that thay can become holy on their own merits, good works ect---even to the point of becoming their own god. That was the lie in the Garden of Eden, and is still now.

Who makes us holy?

Hebrews 10:14
"because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity