Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,625,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post

My heart is so heavy, God please spare your people from the wrath that is to come. Tell us where to go
do you mean as in - leave the country?

Quote:
Obama is President, and we are one step closer to one world government.
The four world dominating kingdoms in Daniel have already done their thing, the fourth being Rome. The fifth is a stone taken without hands which becomes a great mountain and fills the whole earth
Quote:
The countdown has begun.
But they said the countdown began in 1948 when Israel became a nation again. But of course we have to re-invent prophecy as generations pass (1988 came and went) without fulfillment. Then the world was supposed to shut down in Y2K to open the door for absolute chaos to reign. Now Obama is going to form a one world government

Don't you think you're over-reacting a little? The government is a world system - it's supposed to be wicked, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 11:50 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,151,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
America has flipped God the bird tonight. Its now our job to stay faithful. God would have spared Sodom and Gomorrah for just 10 righteous people, he will surely spare America for the light that still exists here.
Okay, I can't ignore this comment.

Exactly HOW has America flipped God the bird? What kind of statement is that?

Let me ask you people something.....and you know what, I might actually make this a poll in a separate thread:

You all prayed that McCain would win the election. But he didn't. So does that mean God didn't hear/honor your prayers? Or does it mean God wanted Obama to be elected?

Which is it?

After all, doesn't the Bible state that God has placed people in their positions of authority, and that we are to honor and obey them? You all need to read Romans 12 and 13.

So are you, as fundamentalist Christians, going against God's will by opposing the election of Obama?

I'm truly glad my relationship with Jesus is personal between Him and I, and I'm truly glad I no longer pay attention to the evangelical fundamentalist mindset, because you all SERIOUSLY confuse me, you know that?

Old 11-05-2008, 01:54 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,625,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post

I'm truly glad my relationship with Jesus is personal between Him and I, and I'm truly glad I no longer pay attention to the evangelical fundamentalist mindset, because you all SERIOUSLY confuse me, you know that?

Old 11-05-2008, 10:17 AM

5,909 posts, read 3,805,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Let not your heart be troubled northsouth. If you believe in God and you believe the bible that God is in control..that this is his creation..then you have nothing to fear in this world. Eventhough men have been tortured,beaten,starved,and even killed..it is but a second in time compared to eternity. You should not have a spirit of fear unless you have no faith.
I don't have a spirit of fear, spm. I have a heavy heart for the lost and a concern that the rapture will not happen before the terrorists take out America. God's will be done.

Old 11-05-2008, 10:26 AM

5,909 posts, read 3,805,372 times
I don't know what anyone can say to those who don't believe this is the next gigantic step in the demise of America and the world.

Yes we prayed that John McCain would become President because that would give an indication that God may withhold his wrath and He may give us more time to turn around Babylonian America.

And yes, Obama being elected is God's will. It doesn't mean He didn't answer our prayers, it means it is part of His plan. Which means we are DEFINITELY in the last days. I don't care whether anyone thinks I am "over-reacting" because I base what I say and believe on what the Word of God says and if others don't believe the Bible then they are just fooling themselves and burying their heads in the sand.

Old 11-05-2008, 11:24 AM

1,385 posts, read 3,008,867 times
Umm...you do all realize America is going to be just fine, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity