Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 08:57 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Betsey Lane,

They did see him in the clouds both recorded by Josephus and Tacitus. Jesus said the high priest would see him but you believe Jesus failed to keep this promise. God also came in the clouds during the Babylonian event. Why don't you come up with an explanation of why this is different in this case.
You want me to give you an explanation as to why you refuse to see truth as God Himself has said it? I, me Betsey, must come up with an explanation? Okay.

Knowing the True--Rejecting the False

18. We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself and the wicked one does not touch him.
19. We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.
20. And we know that the Son of God has come an has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

(1 John 5:18-20)

Is there something wrong with just believing what God said? Knowing that He is God and He already have this thing all figured out? And all we have to do is believe? Is that so difficult? Do you not know, that we have not, because we ask not? That it is okay to say, Father I don't understand can you open up my heart and fill me with your Word? Give me an understanding of your Word, please. You rather believe what I tell you than go to the "Source" yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 09:28 PM

465 posts, read 2,426,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah54:17 View Post
End Time Bible Prophecy, Rapture of His Bride.

Notice: 1 John 3:2 Shares We the sons of God, He shall appear, We shall see him as he is.

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are (we the sons of God) and it doth not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that, when (he shall appear) we shall be like him, for (we shall see him as he is)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
(Watch ye) therefore,

Bride of Christ

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee (from) the (hour (Greek, hora- season) of (temptation (Greek, peirasmos- adversity or tribulation) which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

The prerequisite to receiving the promise in this scripture is to patiently keep His Word or put another way, to be a consistent doer of the Word, full of faith!

There are many wonderful benefits to being the Bride, but the one that is mentioned in the scripture Revelation 3:10 certainly will be a welcome blessing.

The word (From) in Greek is as "out of" (Greek word, ek) Strong's Number: 1537 out of, away from.

Strong's Number: 1537 out of, away from

http://cf.blb.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=1537&version=KJV

Saved Now, and From(out of) The Tribulation.

2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and (keep you (from) evil. AMEN.

Psalm 121:7-8
The LORD shall preserve (thee (from) all) evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.AMEN.

2 Timothy 4:18
And (the Lord shall deliver me (from) every) evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. AMEN.

Jesus Christ promises to keep us "from" or as the Greek word reads, "out of" the season of tribulation that is about to come upon the whole world to try all those that are left behind to dwell upon the earth.
----------------------------------------------------------
(Watch ye) therefore,

worthy to (escape) all these things that shall come to pass,

(escape)as Rapture

Luke 21:34-36
(And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares)

35For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

(36Watch ye) therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to (escape) all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

(Escape) Genesis 19:22, Psalm 71:2 (The snare is broken, Escaped Psalm 124:7-8)

king Jesus Christ, Warned in this prophecy, Take heed to yourselves, lest at anytime your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting (overindulgence)and drunkenness, and the cares of this life, so that day come upon you unawares.(Watch ye) therefore, and (pray always) that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things .

(Luke 21:34-36) Here, in praying always, it is the Christians that are instructed to be sober, and not to be overtaken with overindulgence, and the cares of this life, not just the unbeliever (1 Thessalonians 5:6-8) First, note that unbelievers do not believe.

Secondly, unbelievers do not pray,and Worship God! nor will they pray always, and Watch which is an explicit Christian directive for saved Christians to be Watching in preparation for King Jesus Christ! Lest That Day overtake them unawares.

We must continue to share, and teach the Powerful Gospel with anyone, and everyone at all Times!

One must remember to Pray the Christian, Back sliders, Lukewarm (Revelation 3:16) and the unbelievers need to Repent (Acts 3:19) Wake up (Romans 13:11-14) Abide in Him (1 John 2:28-29) and Obey (Hebrews 5:9)

Also we must continue to share, and teach that the Christians need to be Wise, As shared in (Proverbs 21:20) and Wake up (Romans 13:11-14) Watch for Jesus Christ (Proverbs 8:34, Luke 12:37, Revelation 3:3) and Abide (1 John 2:28-29)

One must walk with God at all Times! Abide, Dabaq(Hebrew)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
(Watching) for our Blessed Hope,

(Watching) for our Blessed Hope, Jesus Christ to Rapture us to the New Jerusalem(Heaven) (Blessed) are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find (watching) as shared in Proverbs 8:34, Luke 12:37, and Revelation 16:15 We are told many Times in the Bible to WATCH, and Notice Revelation 3:3 Shares those who are not Watching, He will come like a Thief. Now is the Time to Watch for King Jesus Christ, and Love his Appearing! Infact if you Love his Appearing (Rapture) you will receive a Special Crown! as Shared in 2 Timothy 4:8

Those that, looketh not for him... As those who are not Watching, and abiding,

My lord delayeth his coming, As those who are not Watching, and abiding, and As those who are not Pre-trib, Pre tribulation rapture(Rapture before the Tribulation)

I Watch, and Abide in King Jesus Christ.AMEN.

The WISE, and The FOOLISH (Be WISE)

Shared from Matthew 24:42-51, and Luke 12:42-46

Matthew 24:45-46 faithful and wise servant, Blessed is that servant(WISE) The WISE WATCH, and Abide.

Matthew 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, (My lord delayeth his coming (FOOLISH)

Matthew 24:50 (looketh not for him) and in an hour that he is not aware of (FOOLISH)

Luke 12:42-43 faithful and wise servant, Blessed is that servant (WISE) The WISE WATCH, and Abide.

Luke 12:45-46 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart (My lord delayeth his coming (FOOLISH)

Luke 12:46 looketh not for him) and in an hour that he is not aware of (FOOLISH)

Now is the Time to WATCH for the Lord Jesus Christ, and Love his Appearing!

Infact if you Love his Appearing you will receive a Special Crown!

2 Timothy 4:8

Henceforth there is laid up for me a (crown) of righteousness) which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only but (unto all them also that love his appearing)

Revelation 3:11

(Behold,I come quickly)
hold that fast which thou hast, (that no man take thy (crown)

Watch, and Abide in King Jesus Christ.

Titus 2:13 Keep your Blessed HOPE, (that no man take thy (crown)

Take a stand in what you believe Pre-trib, Pre tribulation rapture(Rapture before the Tribulation)

Titus 2:13 (Looking) for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.

Always Keep Looking, Watching for King Jesus Christ.

*To read more about the Bride of Christ! Visit Rapture Prophecy, and read the webpage called(Rapture of his Bride) Rapture prophecy

http://www.raptureprophecy.com

Also the webpage called(Remember Lot's Wife) has been updated, and it's an interesting read, backed by scripture.
------------------------------------------------------------

Saved After the Rapture, But Oh the Cost!

The Pre-Tribulation Rapture is the grand event for the espoused bride of our Lord Jesus Christ.

There will be millions of lukewarm, indifferent, and carnal people that will miss this glorious moment.

http://www.raptureready.com/featured/chambers/jc11.html

Kind Regards,
It's so interesting to me how people still believe in the rapture, and continue to misunderstand one Bible text after another. Rev. 1:7 clearly states that when Christ returns for the second time, (the first being when He came to earth as man) that every eye shall see Him. There will no "secret" return.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:50 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
It's so interesting to me how people still believe in the rapture, and continue to misunderstand one Bible text after another. Rev. 1:7 clearly states that when Christ returns for the second time, (the first being when He came to earth as man) that every eye shall see Him. There will no "secret" return.
Yes when He comes again every eye will see Him, but when the Rapture happens, we will meet Him in the air, only Christians will see Him.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:00 PM

PS: By the way if all things had been fulfilled in 70 AD, that would mean, that the Anti Christ has been revealed, assasinated and rose again from the dead too right? Not to be confuse with Lazarus, right?

And oh yeah, the peace treaty! The peace treaty being signed between Israel and whom? And the breaking of the peace treaty? Within 3 years? Done too, I suppose?

I know, I'm being facetious, right? See, I'm not always that stoic. I have a right to laugh in the face of such foolishness. From Satan's lip to your ears, but you still have time to save your soul. Get out while there's still time!!

Old 11-10-2008, 10:01 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
A Christian would never say telling people about Jesus is pathetic
Well, it could be said by a believer that what some in Christianity are telling about Jesus is a bit pathetic. Like He is going to blow up America and throw all unbelievers into a literal burning pit for all eternity. The word 'pathetic' definitely comes to mind, right away.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:42 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Yeah, according to some, and somehow I missed it too! And ALL things has been fullfilled already, so I'm sitting here waiting to see my mom again in her resurrected body and she's yet to show herself, oh, maybe she's been reincarnated as ant? Maybe she's one of the many that comes under the garage door? Or maybe as the lizard that ran inside last night? Mom, is that you? Sound absurd? Well, so is telling people Christ had already come and fulfilled ALL things! Really!
LOL!! Mom, is that you? Amen Betsey!!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:05 PM

The Comfort of Christ Coming

13. But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.
14. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
15. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.
16. For the lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
18. Therefore comfort one another with these words. (1 Thessal. 4: 13-18)

The Day of the Lord

1. But concerning the times and the season, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you.
2. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night.
3. For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
4. But you brethren, are not in the darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief.
5. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.
6. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do but let us watch and be sober.
7. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night.
8. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.
9. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
10. who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep. we should live together with Him.
11. Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.
( 1 Thessal. 5: 1-11)

The Rapture, it's for everyone who waiting and listening for that sound of the trumpet. Then our love ones who are asleep in Christ shall rise first, then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up to meet the Lord in the air. Oh what a glorious day that will be! I don't know about you, but I'm ready to see Jesus. I'm ready to see my mommy, grandma, my sister and nephew again!

The truth it's all here to whosoever is seeking for it. God don't lie, He can't lie. If He said, just believe it. He's pure love and would'nt let any harm come to you. We trust our children to get on the school buses and trust that they'll arrive home safe right? We take that chance every day right? When we get onto these crowed highways to get to our jobs? Why not take a chance on the giver of life Himself? The One who gives life eternally?

We all have an appointment with Him, whether we believe it or not. One that cannot be re-scheduled or cancelled at whim. Why not be ready for the biggest interview of your life?

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 11-10-2008 at 11:14 PM..

Old 11-11-2008, 05:12 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweloflight View Post
jeweloflight: What is the context of Revelation 1:7? Does not that verse follow verses 1 and 3?

John was shown the things which were in his day to shortly take place (vs. 1).

John was also told that the time was near! (vs. 3). See also Rev. 22:6, 10.

Also in the context, the word "every" while meaning "every" is restricted. If a tornado rips through a community and a reporter states that "every house was damaged," does he mean every house everywhere? Of course not. It is restricted to that particular community. When John wrote that every eye would see Him, he restricted the "every" to the time of those of the "tribes of the land" and "those who pierced" him. There is no justification for taking this to mean every person everywhere.

Furthermore, "see" does not always involve the physical eyes but can be used to indicate an awareness of something apart from literal visual perception. When the Temple and Jerusalem were destroyed in A. D. 70 by the Roman armies, there was no doubt in the minds of the Jews of that day that God had come in judgment upon them. They "saw" this judgment as clearly as their forefathers had seen it when Solomon's temple and the city were destroyed years before.

The timing of the entire book of Revelation is clearly given in the first and last chapters. The fanciful speculations of our day come from the refusal on the part of modern "exegetes" to acknowledge that. It is a historical book, not a "future" book.

Preterist

Old 11-11-2008, 06:47 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
again everyone is using WHOLE Passages while you're using itty bitty words out of 1 verse to prove nothing

a thousand years is one day unto God.....so the time IS near

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
jeweloflight: What is the context of Revelation 1:7? Does not that verse follow verses 1 and 3?

John was shown the things which were in his day to shortly take place (vs. 1).

John was also told that the time was near! (vs. 3). See also Rev. 22:6, 10.

Also in the context, the word "every" while meaning "every" is restricted. If a tornado rips through a community and a reporter states that "every house was damaged," does he mean every house everywhere? Of course not. It is restricted to that particular community. When John wrote that every eye would see Him, he restricted the "every" to the time of those of the "tribes of the land" and "those who pierced" him. There is no justification for taking this to mean every person everywhere.

Furthermore, "see" does not always involve the physical eyes but can be used to indicate an awareness of something apart from literal visual perception. When the Temple and Jerusalem were destroyed in A. D. 70 by the Roman armies, there was no doubt in the minds of the Jews of that day that God had come in judgment upon them. They "saw" this judgment as clearly as their forefathers had seen it when Solomon's temple and the city were destroyed years before.

The timing of the entire book of Revelation is clearly given in the first and last chapters. The fanciful speculations of our day come from the refusal on the part of modern "exegetes" to acknowledge that. It is a historical book, not a "future" book.

Preterist

Old 11-11-2008, 08:47 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
There you go twisting the Word of God.
You say that ONLY the men of Galilee will be...but it doesnt say that.
The Angels of God were speaking in GENERAL

9And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

These men of Galilee will see as they will rise up in the 2nd coming of Christ.
So you affirm the whole world saw Jesus leave? Please explain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity