Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 03:42 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times

Advertisements

I have to confess till yesterday I have not read my bible in a week and a half and I have had doubt and worry just filling me these last few days not to mention conviction from the Holy Spirit. After I read my bible I felt a little better but nothing compared to what I usually feel when I am constantly feeding on His Word but today I was under a lot of pressure at work and I must admit I was on the verge of losing it. Just a few hours ago I went to the copier and noticed all the sheets I sent through didn't print because the guys downstairs were printing a different size paper which cause the machine to idle. I was infuriated so I decided to deliberately delete their print so mine could go through. I must admit it was not just selfishness on my part but vindictiveness as well because I am not greatly fond of them, just when I was about to do the act the Holy Spirit convicted me right then and there. It was not a "now Rogy, you should know better conviction" or was it a "tsk...tsk...tsk...you are a Christian conviction", instead it was "You better not! if you want to see my gates conviction" I was stunned, it was just a mere deletion, I didn't steal or murder. Why God? Why would you bring up the gates?, you have never done that to me before? I instantly got scared, was God telling me something, was my God telling me I am dangerously walking that line of losing my salvation, that doing this bad deed will lead to other bad deeds or was it something else? I was dazed and confused to say the least, I just could not put my finger on it.

I went to my desk and to get my mind off of things I listened to a sermon over the internet where the pastor was just touching "Once saved always saved" and then IT HIT ME! like a ton of bricks, as sweet as a ton of bricks could be... if you only could see my face. I WAS SAVED!, I AM SAVED! and my salvation is secure and He will never let me go just like He promised. It all made sense, if there is nothing we can do to earn our salvation then there is nothing we can do to lose our salvation, It's all Him....PRAISE GOD! I am not saved because of me or that I made the appropriate steps toward righteousness. I am saved because God willed it and planned it, I belong to Him, I am bought with His Son's blood. Do you not see, I wanted to do wrong, I yearned and ached for it but God said, NO! I realized right then and there that I don't own my life anymore, He does and he intends to keep me and He will never let me go!

I am on the brink of tears people.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-05-2008 at 04:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 04:13 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Praise His holy name!!

Old 12-05-2008, 04:55 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,007 times
if there's nothing you must do to be saved then the whole world is saved.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
if there's nothing you must do to be saved then the whole world is saved.

There is nothing you can do to earn your salvation....

No because the world does not believe therefore is un-regenerated, the Holy Spirit cannot dwell in an un-regenerated person; just like faith, faith is not something you generate yourself. Faith is a gift from God.

(Romans 8:30)

30 "And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified."

Old 12-05-2008, 05:37 PM

i didnt say you can 'earn it' but you 'must do something'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
There is nothing you can do to earn your salvation....

No because the world does not believe therefore is un-regenerated, the Holy Spirit cannot dwell in an un-regenerated person; just like faith, faith is not something you generate yourself. Faith is a gift from God.

(Romans 8:30)

30 "And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified."

Old 12-05-2008, 05:40 PM

i do not agree with this...

are you saying the Holy Spirit convicted you, but now you're going to base your thoughts about what a preacher said?

Who's telling the truth here?

Quote:
I have to confess till yesterday I have not read my bible in a week and a half and I have had doubt and worry just filling me these last few days not to mention conviction from the Holy Spirit. After I read my bible I felt a little better but nothing compared to what I usually feel when I am constantly feeding on His Word but today I was under a lot of pressure at work and I must admit I was on the verge of losing it. Just a few hours ago I went to the copier and noticed all the sheets I sent through didn't print because the guys downstairs were printing a different size paper which cause the machine to idle. I was infuriated so I decided to deliberately delete their print so mine could go through. I must admit it was not just selfishness on my part but vindictiveness as well because I am not greatly fond of them, just when I was about to do the act the Holy Spirit convicted me right then and there. It was not a "now Rogy, you should know better conviction" or was it a "tsk...tsk...tsk...you are a Christian conviction", instead it was "You better not! if you want to see my gates conviction" I was stunned, it was just a mere deletion, I didn't steal or murder. Why God? Why would you bring up the gates?, you have never done that to me before? I instantly got scared, was God telling me something, was my God telling me I am dangerously walking that line of losing my salvation, that doing this bad deed will lead to other bad deeds or was it something else? I was dazed and confused to say the least, I just could not put my finger on it.

I went to my desk and to get my mind off of things I listened to a sermon over the internet where the pastor was just touching "Once saved always saved" and then IT HIT ME! like a ton of bricks, as sweet as a ton of bricks could be... if you only could see my face. I WAS SAVED!, I AM SAVED! and my salvation is secure and He will never let me go just like He promised. It all made sense, if there is nothing we can do to earn our salvation then there is nothing we can do to lose our salvation, It's all Him....PRAISE GOD! I am not saved because of me or that I made the appropriate steps toward righteousness. I am saved because God willed it and planned it, I belong to Him, I am bought with His Son's blood. Do you not see, I wanted to do wrong, I yearned and ached for it but God said, NO! I realized right then and there that I don't own my life anymore, He does and he intends to keep me and He will never let me go!

Old 12-05-2008, 05:45 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,588 times
A beautiful report!! for whom the Lord loves he chastise, and to be chastised, is to know you are loved, a growing Christian into maturity......however, remember that the word is written in your heart, and that the early Christians did not have the advantage to read the bible everyday.....I think they had it better by totally relying upon the holy spirit> your word I have hid in my heart. To trust the Lord completely in your salvation....That is finding complete rest in him The ultimate Sabbath.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:14 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
Quote:

are you saying the Holy Spirit convicted you, but now you're going to base your thoughts about what a preacher said?

Agreed!
Quote:
"You better not! IF you want to see my gates conviction" I was stunned, it was just a mere deletion, I didn't steal or murder. Why God? Why would you bring up the gates?, you have never done that to me before? I instantly got scared, was God telling me something, was my God telling me I am dangerously walking that line of losing my salvation, that doing this bad deed will lead to other bad deeds or was it something else? I was dazed and confused to say the least, I just could not put my finger on it.
Sounds like the conviction of the Spirit, but never the less, a preacher fixed it all for you. So, my question is, what if you did? AFTER the Spirit convicted you.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:

No not exactly, the preacher said something to trigger it, it was not based on his sermon. It came to me as I pondered on it after I read my bible and prayed in my office.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-05-2008 at 09:02 PM..

Old 12-05-2008, 08:59 PM

558 posts, read 1,835,161 times
Quote:

, Nice post. The unsaved and certain "christians" like to take verses out of context to cause confusion. We know where confusion comes from though..... The Bible is crystal clear on this subject so there's no reason to ever doubt the eternal assurance of the SAVED.

It is finished means IT IS FINISHED.

John 10:28
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity