Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 04:40 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,979,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
If your family members accepted Christ as their savior before they died, they will be taken to Heaven either by angels or by Jesus himself. If your family member didn't, then they went to Hell.
Did Jesus accept Jesus as his savior before he died ?
If Jesus didn't, is that why Jesus went to hell the day he died ? Acts 2 vs 27,31

What about all the dead people who have lived and died without ever hearing about Jesus, how could they accept Christ ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisWayne View Post
Show me where the Scripture say " baptism is a requirement in order to enter heaven " I can't find that exact wording in my bible.
Show me where in Scripture it says "the thief was never baptized". While I cannot find where the Scripture say the thief was baptized I also cannot find where it say's he was not baptized. Tell me where that is so I can book mark that page.
Would a Christian be put to death for being a criminal, a thief ?
The thief is not called ' brother' .
The thief asked to be remembered at a future time: when Jesus comes into his kingdom.
Jesus taught at Luke [ 19 vs 11-15 ] that Jesus, as the nobleman, would first go away to a 'far country' [heaven] before returning with kingdom power. So, Jesus was not rebuking the thief for his now past crimes, but Jesus encouraged him with a hope off into the future when 'there will be' [ future tense ] a resurrection of the unjust or unrighteous.- Acts 24 v 15

Which baptism do you have in mind ?
1 ] John's baptism
2 ] water baptism of Jesus and his followers
3 ] baptism into Christ Jesus and into his death
4 ] baptism with fire

Old 04-20-2013, 04:17 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,816 times
I believe that we MUST be filled with the Holy Spirit and be faithful unto death to enter into eternal life. If we do not have the Holy Spirit (Which Peter says in Acts 5:32 that God gives to those who OBEY Him) I believe we are like the 5 foolish virgins in Matt. 25 who had no oil in their lamps and were not admitted to the great wedding feast. With the Holy Spirit we have the power to resist Satan and to follow the commandment of our Savior in John 14:15, "If ye love me keep my commandments."

Old 04-20-2013, 04:50 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,062,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaDarO View Post
Wow!

No one; is in heaven yet - We all go in at once. The marriage supper of the Lamb. Christ's Bride!

No one is in hell yet either!

The rich man in Luke chapter 16 is still trying to get that drop of water to cool his tongue!
The Rich Man and Lazarus is a Parable alluding to the switch that was about to take place with Israel and the Gentiles...

Quote:
If you read & study carefully Luke chapter 16. That rich man could SEE Lazarus! Abraham's bosom is the Jews word or analogy for Paradise.
No, Abraham's bosom is not a METAPHOR for Paradise...It is a METAPHOR for a place of Honor which the Israelites had with HaShem and Lazarus is the METAPHOR for the Gentiles (read the story of Abraham's faithful Gentile servant)...Throughout this Parable it alludes to the Jews, because the Rich Man calls Abraham "father"...

[quote=RaDarO;29201108]
Hell was prepared for ONE PERSON! He will be the first one to enter his new eternal domain. Then his followers will be added later after the Great White Throne Judgement - where all sinners pronounce themselves guilty.]/quote]

Nope, HaSatan will not be the first...The Beast and Salse Prophet will precede Him...

Quote:
God has a huge wide screen in heaven. Every thought, action, utterance, deed, will be written down into one of the 5 different books that record everything we do during our "days" on earth.

Everything will be played back - that sinner will pronounce HIMSELF guilty with His own lips.
This is a lot of "Jack Chic" comic book nonsense...The reason HaShem knows everything that occurs is because He has said it, "I declare the end from the beggining"...
Isa 46:9 Remember former things from forever, for I am God, and no one else is God, even none like Me,
Isa 46:10 declaring the end from the beginning, and from the past those things which were not done, saying, My counsel shall rise; and, I will do all My desire;
Isa 46:11 calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of My counsel from a far off land. Yes, I have spoken; yes, I will cause it to come; I have formed; yes, I will do it.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
If your family members accepted Christ as their savior before they died, they will be taken to Heaven either by angels or by Jesus himself. If your family member didn't, then they went to Hell.
Prove this Scripturally...And yes, they did go to hell just as one day you will and I will...So will everyone else...

Old 04-20-2013, 05:49 AM

367 posts, read 370,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Prove this Scripturally...And yes, they did go to hell just as one day you will and I will...So will everyone else...
So Richard you believe Jesus is in "hell" today?

Old 04-20-2013, 05:54 AM

367 posts, read 370,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Would a Christian be put to death for being a criminal, a thief ?
So you don't think a person can be forgiven of sin? And what crime did Jesus commit?

Quote:
The thief is not called ' brother' .
Where is being called a "brother" given as a requirment to be saved in scripture? Your not providing any scripture so far.

Quote:
The thief asked to be remembered at a future time: when Jesus comes into his kingdom.
Jesus taught at Luke [ 19 vs 11-15 ] that Jesus, as the nobleman, would first go away to a 'far country' [heaven] before returning with kingdom power. So, Jesus was not rebuking the thief for his now past crimes, but Jesus encouraged him with a hope off into the future when 'there will be' [ future tense ] a resurrection of the unjust or unrighteous.- Acts 24 v 15
Jesus told the thief that "today" he would be with Him in paradise. Where do you think the thief went?

Quote:
Which baptism do you have in mind ?
1 ] John's baptism
2 ] water baptism of Jesus and his followers
3 ] baptism into Christ Jesus and into his death
4 ] baptism with fire
You are the one making the claims about baptism. So I don't know which one you claim is a requirement of salvation. If you don't know which baptism you are talking about then how do you expect me to know which baptism you are talking about?

Since you did not answer any of my questions let me remind you of my post you responded to:
Quote:
Show me where the Scripture say " baptism is a requirement in order to enter heaven " I can't find that exact wording in my bible.

Show me where in Scripture it says "the thief was never baptized". While I cannot find where the Scripture say the thief was baptized I also cannot find where it say's he was not baptized. Tell me where that is so I can book mark that page.
Can you show me these things or not?

Old 04-20-2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
So Richard you believe Jesus is in "hell" today?
no, Yeshua was the first to be resurrected, as the bible states...

Old 04-20-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:

Jesus told the thief that "today" he would be with Him in paradise. Where do you think the thief went?

As someone already pointed out that since there is no punctuation in Koine Greek, Yeshua could have said, " truthfully I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise...Considering correct grammar of English there would have there would have been a comma after you and afte today...If Yeshua had meant today the thief would be with Him in Paradise then it would have been worded, " truthfully I tell you, you will be with me in Paradise today"...We don't say "I am telling you, Today I will pay my bills", we say "I am telling you, I will pay my bills today"...Unless you are emphasizing this, then a comma would be inserted after "you" and after "today"...

G4594
σήμερον
sēmeron
say'-mer-on
Neuter (as adverb) of a presumed compound of the article G3588 ("tau" changed to "sigma") and G2250; on the (that is, this) day (or night current or just passed); genitively now(that is, at present, hitherto): - this (to-) day.

Now, as in since you have confessed and recognized me as HaMeshiach you will now be with me in Paradise...

G3326
μετά
meta
met-ah'
A primary preposition (often used adverbially); properly denoting accompaniment; "amid" (local or causal); modified variously according to the case (genitive case association, or accusative case succession) with which it is joined; occupying an intermediate position between G575 or G1537 and G1519 or G4314; less intimate than G1722, and less close than G4862): - after (-ward),X that he again, against, among, X and, + follow, hence, hereafter, in, of, (up-) on, + our, X and setting, since, (un-) to, + together, when, with (+ -out). Often used in composition, in substantially the same relations of participation or proximity, and transfer or sequence.

the word "met" come after the word "today" implying that, "after today, you will be with Me in Paradise"...However Yeshua did not say how long after today he would be with Him in Paradise...So, that understanding would be in line with the understanding of the resurrection of the dead, that, according to the Old testament, the dead are aware of nothing and they sleep awaiting resurrection...It makes no sense to give a person the reward of heaven only to kick them back down to earth to re-enter their body in order to be resurrected and be judged at the seat of Yeshua...One is judged before entering into heaven not after they enter heaven, it is what the Judging is about, to ascertain the worthiness of the individual in question...Remember where Yeshua seperates the sheep from the goats?...If the sheep are already in heaven and have their eternal reward, what would be the point in saying to them, "Enter in thou good and faithful servant" while saying to the goats, "depart from Me ye cursed..."?...The sheep are already in heaven, so how could Yeshua tell them to enter in?...They are already there...So, the only logical conclusion that one could come up with is that everyone, righteous and unrighteous, sheep and goats, are asleep in death until the great awakening of the resurrection where then there will be a sepration of the wheat from the tares, the sheep from the goats...the entering in and the departing from...

Old 04-20-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
So you don't think a person can be forgiven of sin? And what crime did Jesus commit?
Where is being called a "brother" given as a requirment to be saved in scripture? Your not providing any scripture so far.
You are the one making the claims about baptism. So I don't know which one you claim is a requirement of salvation. If you don't know which baptism you are talking about then how do you expect me to know which baptism you are talking about?
Since you did not answer any of my questions let me remind you of my post you responded to:
Can you show me these things or not?
First of all, of course a person can be forgiven [Isn't the only exception Matthew 12 v 32; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6 ? ]

Jesus was falsely charged with the trumped-up charges instigated by the religious leaders for: treason, injured majesty, and sedition.

Except for committing the unforgivable sin, according to Romans 6 v 7 it is 'death' that frees or acquits a person from sin.
That does not mean innocent, as if now the thief became innocent, but as a Judge can pardon a person from having the crime charges stick. Jesus as Judge can pardon a person so the sin charges no longer stick.

Yes, Jesus made a promise to the thief on the day they died. Truly I tell you today, .......
Jesus was not saying 'truly I tell you, today....
The Greek does Not have a comma [ , ] 'before' or 'after' the word today.
Since Jesus went to hell the day he died [ Acts 2 v 27 ], then also the thief went to hell [sheol] the day he died.
They went to Not some non-biblical hell of religious myth, but they went to the temporary Bible's hell [sheol ]
The Bible's hell is just the common grave where the dead sleep in death until resurrected.- Rev. 1 v 18
Jesus taught 'sleep in death' at John [ 11 vs 11-14 ], so while in hell Jesus and the thief were in a sleep-like state. R.I.P.
Please note the Hebrew OT Scriptures regarding death's sleep at: Psalms 6 v 5; 13 v 3; 115 v 17; 146 v 4
Also, Ecclesiastes [ 9 v 5 ] brings to our attention: that the dead know nothing.
The prophet Daniel [ 12 vs 2,13 ] also looked forward to the future time he would be awakened from death's sleep.

When you mentioned 'brother' my first thought was of Romans 8 v 12.
Jesus 'spiritual brothers' are being addressed as 'joint heirs' with him in verse 17.
1st Cor. 15 v 50 also is addressed to Jesus 'brothers' in connection to heaven.

Please note at Matthew [ 25 vs 31,32, 40 ] that the sheep are sheep, the goats are goats, and the brothers are brothers.
Jesus 'brothers' of verse 40 are not classed the same as the sheep and goats of verse 32 are.
Jesus has a 'little flock' [ Luke 12 v 32 ] a smaller number for a kingdom covenant. - Luke 22 vs 25-30
Jesus also has 'other sheep' [ John 10 v 16 ] a larger number.
That small group of 'sheep' [little flock] is who is given the kingdom.
They are part of the first or earlier resurrection.- Rev. 20 v 6; 5 vs 9,10
'First' meaning more to follow later. The more, or the majority, to follow would be the 'other sheep' -Rev. 7 v 14,9,10
Since there 'will be' [future tense] a resurrection of both the righteous and unrighteous [ Acts 24 v 15 ] then the thief will be part of that larger group. Whereas those called to heaven are faithful as Christians until death.- Rev. 2 v 10

Which baptism are you thinking of is Not a requirement for heaven ?________ -Matthew 28 vs 19,20
There is a difference between salvation to heaven, and salvation to everlasting life on Earth.
The great or large crowd of Rev. [ 7 v 14 ] are 'saved'. They receive 'salvation' by being delivered alive or rescued alive through the coming great tribulation. The dead who are Not called to heaven [ John 3 v 13 ] can also be 'saved' by being physically resurrected during Jesus' coming 1000-year reign over Earth, or over earthly subjects of God's kingdom.- Psalm 72 vs 8,12-14
So, Scripture is talking about two [2] salvations: One for a little flock to heaven. The other for a bigger flock to be saved on Earth. That is why Matthew [ 20 v 28 ] can mention MANY being covered by Jesus ransom sacrifice.
Those resurrected to heaven are already followers of Christ. - Rev. 2 v 10
Those resurrected on Earth will include those who never had the opportunity to have ever heard about Jesus.
You will Not find a single verse saying one must be baptized in order to go to heaven.
It is by comparing corresponding or parallel reference verses and passages that baptism is a requirement for heaven, but not necessarily a requirement to be one of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth.- Psalm 37 vs 11,29.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity