Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 08:30 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,443,462 times

Advertisements

For the sake of conversation, it happened!!! The rapture!!! And you're left behind, what next? Would you still need more "proof"? Or would you believe a "lie"? Most importantly, what would you do?

PS: Please try to remember this is not a : Do you believe or not, in the rapture thread. Okay. Agree? I strongly encourage all to participate. Believers and non-believer's alike. There's no good or bad responses, because if any of us gets left behind, we "all" will be in the same boat. True?

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 11-23-2008 at 09:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 08:55 PM

777 posts, read 1,442,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
For the sake of conversation, it happened!!! The rapture!!! And you're left behind, what next? Would you still need more "proof"? Or would you believe a "lie"? Most importantly, what would you do?

PS: Please try to remember this is not a: Do you believe or not, in the rapture thread. Okay. Agree?
It seems like one has to believe in a pre-trib rapture to participate, so I'll have to sit this one out, Betsey.

Old 11-23-2008, 09:06 PM

Okay. I posted the questions, so it's only fair that I go first. After knowing what I know and 'still' being left behind? Lord have mercy!.....................how do I answer this? I think naturally, my first concern would be for my children, are they gone? Good. Mom's gone already, Okay. My daddy, where is he? Lord, where did I fail? Show me now what you want me to do. All this of course through my wailing and lamenting. Repent, repent and repent. Seek out a safe place to live and pray that God use me like never before.

Even sitting here typing this, makes me want to search out each little area of my life and bring anything that is not of God into subjection. Wow! It's a scary thought to think of being left behind, when you thought you were so sure. What would you do?

Old 11-23-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
It seems like one has to believe in a pre-trib rapture to participate, so I'll have to sit this one out, Betsey.
I guess you beat me to 'posting first'. You don't have to sit it out unless you really want to. Hpothectically speaking, it happened tonight, regardless of what you believe, post, pre whatever, it happened? What next? What do you do? Where do you go?

Old 11-23-2008, 09:18 PM

6,885 posts, read 11,249,758 times
Smile For some reason...

I have strong faith. Just a lot has happened to me. If I were left behind, it would probably have to do with my daughter who is struggling and I would be here for her and to help her.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:36 AM

777 posts, read 1,442,073 times
Quote:
I guess you beat me to 'posting first'. You don't have to sit it out unless you really want to. Hpothectically speaking, it happened tonight, regardless of what you believe, post, pre whatever, it happened? What next? What do you do? Where do you go?
Oh OK Then.
First, I'd have to go find my head.
Then, I'd think about my life and my faith.
Did I show "enough" love to people?
Did I share the good news "enough"?
Did I follow the spirit "enough" so as to be a good servant?
Had I fed the hungry? And cared for the infirmed? And visited those in prison?

Had I loved the unlovely?
Had I loved my enemies and blessed those who cursed me?
Had I struck back in anger and retribution to those who injured me?
Had I forgiven those who have wronged me?
(Those with malice and those - unknowingly)

Had I truely repented or was I actually playing the part, because I was double minded?
Had I somehow obtained - or rather attained - "enough" fruit of the Spirit by allowing Him to reshape my motivation and thinking?

And if the answer to all this or even most of this was yes (or even no),
I'd HAVE to ask myself...
Is this the work of my hands?
Have I done all this?
Or have I followed His leading and allowed Him to build the house?

Am I expecting to be credited?
Is this MY righteousness, on which I am depending?
Or should I have depended on the righteousness of Jesus?

I suppose... I'd repent and ask Jesus to save me!

Then I would start heading to the place where the woman in the desert, a remnant of Judah, is being protected from the antiChrist.
As still belonging to Judah, but not yet in Christ, they're still flesh, but will recognize Him and weep over Him and for themselves too.
They - at least some - will take Him as Savior and Lord, and so I would want to be with them.

The first shall be last into the kingdom. I'd want to be with them and also tell them about my Lord.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I have strong faith. Just a lot has happened to me. If I were left behind, it would probably have to do with my daughter who is struggling and I would be here for her and to help her.
Is there anything at all, any area where you feel you can reach her? I can certainly feel the love a mother has for her child coming through in your posting. God bless you and I'll pray that your daughter will hearken to the sound of His voice. Take care.

Your sister in Christ Jesus

Old 11-24-2008, 01:14 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,855 times
Quote:

PS: Please try to remember this is not a : Do you believe or not, in the rapture thread. Okay. Agree? I strongly encourage all to participate. Believers and non-believer's alike. There's no good or bad responses, because if any of us gets left behind, we "all" will be in the same boat. True?

"Oh no...all my friends are gone! And the pastor too! And my wife....she's GONE too!
(that figures: leave me to take care of the dogs and cat, the laundry, and the cooking...Sheesh!)
But I'm still here....what did I do wrong? Was I going to the "wrong" church? Believe the wrong thing? Not really saved? Harboring some secret sin? Left behind for some unknown purpose? Do I have to go through tribulation now? Will the un-believers come and kill me? What should I do next?"

Oh yes...it would be a period of serious self-examination....

Bud

Old 11-24-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
"Oh no...all my friends are gone! And the pastor too! And my wife....she's GONE too!
(that figures: leave me to take care of the dogs and cat, the laundry, and the cooking...Sheesh!)
But I'm still here....what did I do wrong? Was I going to the "wrong" church? Believe the wrong thing? Not really saved? Harboring some secret sin? Left behind for some unknown purpose? Do I have to go through tribulation now? Will the un-believers come and kill me? What should I do next?"

Oh yes...it would be a period of serious self-examination....

Bud
Tell me about it! Scary huh? Makes you want to do a "full self assessment" NOW right?

Old 11-24-2008, 03:32 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,572,241 times
One of my favorite short videos. (for full effect, turn the volume up)

YouTube - Are you ready? VIdeo of the rapture of the church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity