Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,983,083 times

Advertisements

No I have no reason to beleive in reincarnation.The bible never mentions anything like this but I also doubt anyone wants to have this world when they can have heaven. If this were true :I believe this world would have already gotten alot better thru out the ages. Its like so many wishes that we could have a second chance at so many things;but just a wish often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 05:33 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,819,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
No I have no reason to beleive in reincarnation.The bible never mentions anything like this but I also doubt anyone wants to have this world when they can have heaven. If this were true :I believe this world would have already gotten alot better thru out the ages. Its like so many wishes that we could have a second chance at so many things;but just a wish often.
As long as you are alive you have a 'second chance' at the most important things, like your relationship with God, but no, not like the long lost 'could have been' love. All of the struggle that I went thru, I don't know if I would like to re-live. The openness to reincarnation is purely intuitive. I don't accept anything by force.
I don't like being told what to think by anyone or anything. My believe in the scriptures is purely my own choice. My openness to reincarnation the same.
Maybe we all have led other lives, and been exposed to the teaching of Christ before. Maybe that's why I had a pull towards Christianity all the time I was claiming to be an agnostic in high school. Then I went thru most of the other religions before determining that Christ was the closest to the 'Truth' that I could get in this life.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:48 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,560,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Ah, now is it right to poke fun at someone else's beliefs? How Christian is that?
Hmmm, I thought the poster who preceded me was funny.
So I joined in with the fun...now how unChristian was that?

Yes Richio , I do have cats...and what I posted really applies to them.

As for the reincarnation belief...I am with all who say it is contrary to the word of God.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Hmmm, I thought the poster who preceded me was funny.
So I joined in with the fun...now how unChristian was that?

Yes Richio , I do have cats...and what I posted really applies to them.

As for the reincarnation belief...I am with all who say it is contrary to the word of God.
I am strictly referring to the placement of our soul into different human bodies, not animal, plant or mineral. The bit of God's spirit that has come into you, I am saying, may have inhabited another physical human vessel.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:49 PM

777 posts, read 1,443,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I am strictly referring to the placement of our soul into different human bodies, not animal, plant or mineral. The bit of God's spirit that has come into you, I am saying, may have inhabited another physical human vessel.
Are you thinking that there are only so many of those "bits" to go around?
But then again, you seem to be referring to those born of the Spirit in the second part.
In the first part, you seem to be referring to the human soul.
Why should there be a limited quantity of either - particularly God's Spirit?

Old 01-14-2009, 07:23 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,560,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
The spirit that gave me life at my birth (or before?), is the breath of life, that will return to God when I die. The soul that inhabits my body is the part that will be either saved in heaven, or cast into outer darkness. It all depends on whether I know God and obey the gospel, or reject God and His teachings.
My soul is mine alone, and is appointed once to die and then the judgement.
Some think the soul will sleep until the judgement. I believe it will be in Hades, and be very aware of it's surroundings.

The spirit, which is the breath of God, is in all living creatures. It is what gives all life. If He takes back His spirit all creatures will die. This is not my idea, it is scriptural.

Now, the Holy Spirit, is an entire differant study.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richio View Post
Are you thinking that there are only so many of those "bits" to go around?
But then again, you seem to be referring to those born of the Spirit in the second part.
In the first part, you seem to be referring to the human soul.
Why should there be a limited quantity of either - particularly God's Spirit?
There are as many 'bits' as God chooses, which by that definition is beyond infinity, again, if He chooses.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:30 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,119,465 times
Doesn’t your bible teach that Jesus was a man (flesh and blood) and doesn’t it say he died on the cross.
And doesn’t it say he rose again and was seen as a man (flesh and blood)
Wasn’t there someone called Thomas that had to touch the wounds of Jesus to be convinced it was really him?

That is reincarnation.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:24 PM

777 posts, read 1,443,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Doesn’t your bible teach that Jesus was a man (flesh and blood) and doesn’t it say he died on the cross.
Wasn’t there someone called Thomas that had to touch the wounds of Jesus to be convinced it was really him?

That is reincarnation.
It's called resurrection.
Jesus didn't come back as someone else.

Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:5

However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.
But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.
If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you,
He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Romans 8:9-11

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
"Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

John 3:6,7

in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable,
and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.

1Corinthians 15:52,53

Old 01-15-2009, 04:32 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,427,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post

That is reincarnation.
Richio is right, that is NOT reincarnation, that is the Resurrection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity