Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 05:08 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times

Advertisements

Yeah the bible says give honor unto women as the weaker vessel....that's physical. It has to be! Although now through weight training a woman can become just as strong....but I've gotta say it. Men are weaker emotionaly! God wouldn't put the weaker one in charge of the kids all day! Taking care of a brood of kids is some hard frickin mental work! And tell me...which one is more likely to give in to sexual sin???? Gee let's see...is it men? Yeah it is! Note that I said MORE LIKELY....I know women do it too, but overall it's men. Like I said in another post...if it's not a real woman they're messing with they're looking a dirty movies or pictures. Remember Adam and Eve....one had to be talked into the sin, the other just did it without question! Eve thought it out, pondered it for awhile. Adam just was like "duh okay"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 05:16 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
Angry Excuse me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Yeah the bible says give honor unto women as the weaker vessel....that's physical. It has to be! Although now through weight training a woman can become just as strong....but I've gotta say it. Men are weaker emotionaly! God wouldn't put the weaker one in charge of the kids all day! Taking care of a brood of kids is some hard frickin mental work! And tell me...which one is more likely to give in to sexual sin???? Gee let's see...is it men? Yeah it is! Note that I said MORE LIKELY....I know women do it too, but overall it's men. Like I said in another post...if it's not a real woman they're messing with they're looking a dirty movies or pictures. Remember Adam and Eve....one had to be talked into the sin, the other just did it without question! Eve thought it out, pondered it for awhile. Adam just was like "duh okay"...

I always wanted to take strong issue with this translation.

Weaker obviously meant woman's physical (labour!) functioning being less valuable than the free intellectual powers (in man) she thus enabled and supported.

Talk about discrimination of the most refinded sort!

Last edited by effie g-tad; 01-13-2009 at 05:19 AM.. Reason: precision

Old 01-13-2009, 05:54 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,714,991 times
That is true. No matter how you flip it.... the human male is physically stronger than the human female.

So, this is just something that men should heed and women to remember to let men be men.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:33 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Each have their own roles. Men and women compliment each other. Where he lacks she exceeds and vice versa.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:55 AM

810 posts, read 1,437,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Each have their own roles. Men and women compliment each other. Where he lacks she exceeds and vice versa.
ditto
Also, when I see the strife between the sexes it reminds me of the sentence brought down on women in Gen 3:16. It is clear that before Adam and Eve disobeyed this complementary arrangement was all the more perfect. Still Christian husbands are given clear counsel to treat their wives as precious corals...to love them just as Christ loves the congregation.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:47 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times
Quote:
And tell me...which one is more likely to give in to sexual sin???? Gee let's see...is it men? Yeah it is! Note that I said MORE LIKELY....I know women do it too, but overall it's men.
Tell me.. when these men "give in to sexual sin".. who exactly are they doing this with?

wait for it..

Wait for it..

Comedic pause...

wait for it...

Women.

Blingo Blango...

or as Ed McMahon would say "Heyyyyyy.... Ohhhhhhhh"

So doesn't that mean that both men and women are more likely to enter into sexual sin (by your definition?)

Judge.. I moved to have this case thrown out of court for lack of evidence.

It is hereby ordered.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:53 AM

1,289 posts, read 2,168,113 times
lol

My husband is the spiritual head of me, as his wife...he is as Christ is to the church (us). In all other ways, we compliment each other...whichever is "better" at something, does it.

I'm kind of glad I am the weaker of us in strength...I like it when he has to do the snowblowing and things. lol Although, now that he is driving a truck over the road, I've had to step up my game.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:11 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,521,494 times
Thumbs down i'd prefer...

... to do a reality check on the balcane sheets or the undercover research on the job market.

Boah!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:16 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
I was taught and accept ... weaker vessel = more delicate.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:43 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
I was a garbage man for about 13 years. Really physical job, and I never found a woman who could handle it fulltime. This is not to start an arguement or even put women down it is just an observation. When I was in the Navy and went thru BUD/S, there were no women who could make past the first week and believe me there were a few pretty tough females who tried.

As for the taking care of the kids and the house, I am sorry but I have done that as well while my wife went out and brought home the money.

What we must realize is that they were to be helpful to one another in the areas they could each handle appropriately. I do not expect my wife to change a tire, haul a refrigerator, shovel snow or really anything that would be considered strinuous labor. The majority of the time she does the cooking and cleaning at home. I help and so do my children when we can. We compliment one another in what we do and we do what needs to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity