Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 02:08 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times

Advertisements

The other scripture thread that I posted is going so well, I decided to ask opinions of this one.
It is in the "love" chapter and verse seven says:
love, "bears all things,believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things".

The part that I have a problem with is the, "believes all things".
What are the "things" that are being referred to? It surely must be scriptural things, because we are not to believe error.

Your kind thoughts, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 02:33 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
The other scripture thread that I posted is going so well, I decided to ask opinions of this one.
It is in the "love" chapter and verse seven says:
love, "bears all things,believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things".

The part that I have a problem with is the, "believes all things".
What are the "things" that are being referred to? It surely must be scriptural things, because we are not to believe error.

Your kind thoughts, please.
Yes, believing all things that are the TRUTH.

(Revelation 2:2) "I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:"

Old 01-17-2009, 03:17 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,522 times
My version which is the New Century Version says this:
1 Corinthians 13:7 "Love patiently accepts all things. It always trusts, always hopes, and always remains strong."
and the NIV study Bible says: "it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."

Old 01-17-2009, 03:29 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Back track to verse 6 and you will see that it refers to truth. "Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth."

Now if we go back to verse 4 we see some more truth about love the world doesnt want us to see."Love is patient, love is kind, It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."

Verse 5 "It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered"

Love is pretty much opposite of the world view that is shouted from the rooftops today.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:52 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
...I LOVE this thread!......talkin' about love...it is the MOST important thing!!! You could have the whole world...but if you have not love...you have nothing!...Amen!...LOVE

Old 01-17-2009, 03:55 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,522 times
Lets see if i have this right...(im learning)
The "things" is talking about the scripture right? We are to always love,always hope and always remain strong in the scripture.
Am i way off?

Old 01-17-2009, 03:56 PM

All you need is love, but you must understand the difference between love and a lie.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:13 PM

You love spouting accusations but give no examples. When will you learn that useless rhetoric without references is just useless rhetoric? We do not even need to interprit the scriptures to prove you wrong all we have to do is share them.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:36 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times
To me it means that if we have the love of the Lord in our heart we will be strong in our convictions,that we will be up for the challenges of the world, while at the same time have heavenly aspirations because of our love for Christ.

It is great to have the knowledge of Christ but greater that we have love for Him as it should be displayed in our walk of life here on Earth to others.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:43 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You love spouting accusations but give no examples. When will you learn that useless rhetoric without references is just useless rhetoric? We do not even need to interprit the scriptures to prove you wrong all we have to do is share them.
Only because you are convinced that they need only be read literally . . . as if barbarous minds would communicate concepts and meaning in the same way we would . . . which anyone who understands the difficulty of communication even within the same culture among people of differing intelligence . . . would consider to be patently absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity