Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 05:42 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,669,829 times

Advertisements

It is Satan's plan to stop the Church of Jesus Christ from moving out in power and victory. In order to recognize Satan and his work, we need to know his tactics and strategies so that we can take our position of full power and authority over him. Before we can launch a victorious offensive attack against Satan, we must know our enemy, his characteristics, and his strategies.
SATAN'S STRATEGIES:
Temptation
Deception
Unbelief
Worry
Disobedience
Rebellion
Hardening Our Hearts
Using Circumstances to Defeat You
Sowing Lies
Fear
To Gain Access To Our Minds
Apathy-Lack of Emotion or Feeling
To Accuse and Slander
To War Against God's People

WORRY
1 Peter 5: 7...Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you.

CONQUER THE NEGATIVE FORCES OF WORRY AND ANXIETY
Worry is a destructive negative force that Christians must learn to overcome. Most Christians do not realize how destructive worry and anxiety can be. See worry for what it really is, and take authority over it in the name of Jesus.
Worry is faith in reverse. It causes us to doubt and become fearful...it causes us to take our eyes off Jesus and it hinders us from releasing our faith...it can even take control of our actions.
Worry destroys our faith...it stunts our spiritual growth...it distorts our spiritual vision. If we let them, worry and anxiety can control our minds until we are unable to lay hold of our promises in God's Word concerning our circumstances. Worry allows what we hear, and see to rule instead of walking by faith, which pleases God and releases His power to work on our behalf.
Take authority over the negative force of worry by filling your mind and heart with the infallible Word of God...cast all our cares upon Him, (James 1:6-8)...He shall supply all of our needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus, (Phil. 4:19)...God will deliver us out of Satan's grasp, (Psalm 91:3)...Gods eyes are upon us...He is looking for an opportunity to show Himself strong on our behalf, (2 Chron. 16:9)...greater is He that is in you, than He that is in the world, (1 John 4:4). Armed with the two-edged sword of the Word...we can be VICTORIOUS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 11:45 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,505,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
It is Satan's plan to stop the Church of Jesus Christ from moving out in power and victory. In order to recognize Satan and his work, we need to know his tactics and strategies so that we can take our position of full power and authority over him.
You have no control over satan verna. Like everything else he is created by God and he only does what God allows or has preordained. Just put your faith in God and let not your heart be troubled.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:36 AM

Default What is..Spiritual Warfare...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
You have no control over satan verna. Like everything else he is created by God and he only does what God allows or has preordained. Just put your faith in God and let not your heart be troubled.
1 Peter 5:8...Be sober, Be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour...

Hello spm62......You are absolutely correct. However, I think maybe you have misunderstood what it is that I am saying...

"Satan" means "an adversary." One who fighs and opposes us. As our adversary, Satan goes to and fro upon the earth as a lion stalking its prey, seeking those he can seize and bring to destruction.
We are in fierce combat "wrestling" with Satan and his evil powers and principalities of darkness. We are involved in an intense spiritual conflict.
You must learn to recognize Satan as your adversary. Since he is a spirit being, he usually works through people to oppose you.
Throughout Jesus' life, Satan (as Jesus' adversary) worked through people to oppose and attack Him. When Jesus was born, Satan, working through Herod, tried to kill Him by ordering all the male children two ears old and under to be killed (Matthew 2:16).
As He ministered and taught in the synagogues, Jesus was opposed by the Jewish leaders. His real adversary was not the Jewish leaders...or the Roman soldiers who beat and mocked Him and nailed Him to the cross...not even Judas or Herod or Pilate. His real adversary was Satan working through them.
One of Satan's major activities upon the earth today is to opppose...to fight and war against...God's people and all that is holy and righteous. The moment we begin to do the work that God gave us to do, Satan...our adversary...will be there to oppose us. We must expect it and be prepared. We must not struggle and fight against the people that Satan uses to attack and oppose us. We must not war in the flesh but in the Spirit. We must recognize Satan as our adversary and resist him in times of prayer and fasting, by binding the evil spirits that are at work.

I appreciate your post...thank you...Love

Old 01-20-2009, 05:03 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,292,446 times
Try "Screwtape Letters" by C S. Lewis.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Try "Screwtape Letters" by C S. Lewis.
Hi june!......yes...I have read this...excellant read...excellant suggestion! Thank you for your post...I do appreciate it!...Love

Old 01-20-2009, 09:39 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,852,751 times
Originally Posted by Verna Perry
Quote:
You must learn to recognize Satan as your adversary. Since he is a spirit being, he usually works through people to oppose you.
I agree to a limited extent... but he usually works through lies-deceit.

I have had accountability partners who "opposed" me in a good way, like iron sharpening iron, and I have opposed other Christians when they were wrong.... but lies... they're always from the "father of all lies".

Not trying to split hairs.......

Old 01-20-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Originally Posted by Verna Perry

I agree to a limited extent... but he usually works through lies-deceit.

I have had accountability partners who "opposed" me in a good way, like iron sharpening iron, and I have opposed other Christians when they were wrong.... but lies... they're always from the "father of all lies".

Not trying to split hairs.......
Hello Dave_n_Tenn......no...no...you are absolutely right! I agree with you 100%!

Thank you for your post...oh...and I loved your F.A.T. thread!......Love

Old 01-22-2009, 07:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,236 times
Default About the number of the beast & a Question about it & Little Beast

Some time ago, when I used to read much more voraciously than I do now,
I realized that for Christians "The Number of the Beast" is either "666" OR
"616" for the Eastern/Greek Orthodox. There are ENDLESS dissertations on what this number stands for, and who it represents. My own speculation is that it refers to the Roman Emperor TRAJAN, of Spanish birth. The word
"Triyun" (phonetically) in Hebrew means "Little Beast". Trajan was an emperor in the 2nd century A.D. and much of the New Testament was written during that time. Also, the value of "Triyun" in Hebrew numerology corresponds to "666".

NOW. For what is really driving me crazy. Some time ago, I read somewhere, IN A SERIOUS WORK, and I believe it was something dealing with Jewish mysticism, or Christian or Jewish Gnosticism- (don't ask me which, it has been about 12 years!) - that "the number of the beast is four times four". I jotted it down but I neglected to cite the source!

I have Googled this extensively and keep coming up with all kinds of extraneous stuff. I have posed the questions to Rabbis and none can give me a source or can recollect hearing it. I know I did not just dream this up. If there are any serious students/scholars out there, or even amateurs, who know where that "four times four" thing comes from, would you please let me know? [email]sleepyhollowichabodcrane@gmail.com[/email]

Thank you and Numbers 6:24-26 CPT Yossarian

Old 01-22-2009, 07:16 AM

1,932 posts, read 4,796,744 times
I just read this passage last night and it is right on topic:

Luke 12:22-34;

We are told not to worry, because God will provide. Seek first His kingdom and all these things will be given unto you.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
I just read this passage last night and it is right on topic:

Luke 12:22-34;

We are told not to worry, because God will provide. Seek first His kingdom and all these things will be given unto you.
Amen mams!! Excellant scripture! Thank you very much!!...Love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity