Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 12:07 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acquanetta View Post
Yes, I have thought about this, and it pains me. I am afraid that Jack's presence in my house will make the entity or demon or whatever it was return.

- A
If you're serious and this is real, might I suggest a couple of books for you to read:

Stomping out the Darkness

and

The Bondage-Breaker

Seriously.....

and if funds are an issue please DM me and I'll send you a copy of each free.

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 12:17 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
I don't say this with insensitivity, but it's the life inside you that darkness can't touch. You can display crosses and play praise and worship all day long, but it's carnality in us that is prey for the darkness. Jesus said "the prince of this world comes, and has nothing in Me".

Praise Him constantly, and ask that whatever is in you (it's in all of us) that is not His life would be taken out, and that you would be filled with Him.

He is bulletproof.

Last edited by little elmer; 02-19-2009 at 01:06 PM.. Reason: inserted a word that makes no difference to context

Old 02-19-2009, 12:36 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
I didn't read all of the posts but I wanted to respond. If it's repeating something that's been said, then consider it confirmation.

While we all have been given authority over serpents and scorpions - not everyone walks in their authority.
Not all churches believe the same...

Moving away is not the answer.

You said your friends are afraid to come pray with you in the house. You don't want people who don't understand their authority over spirits praying with you.

Talk to a pastor at an Assembly of God church in your area about coming and helping you spiritually cleanse your house. You also need to spiritually seal the doors and the perimeter of your property.

Many years ago I had an experience with a similar situation and ended up carrying a something out of a house with me that then had to be prayed off of me.
That thing had been a powerful presence in someone's home for years. You must know who you are in Christ. You must understand spiritual principals...
Find someone who has an anointing in this area to come pray with you and help you.

You're not crazy.

For God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind...

Last edited by World Citizen; 02-19-2009 at 12:56 PM..

Old 02-20-2009, 06:53 AM

6 posts, read 10,789 times
Dear Sister

Take courage and know that 'He is who is in you is greater than he who is in the world' according to God's word. The bible also states that as believers God has given us power to trample over serpents and scorpions , overcome all the power of the enemy and he shall in no way harm us- Luke 10:19.

Clearly there are open doorways or 'legal rights' that the demon still has and thats why he is not leaving. Spiritual warfare is serious business and if there is no one at the moment to help you overcome this situation, I recommend that you visit www.bible-knowledge.com which explains much about spiritual warfare - including demons and how to cast them out of our lives, properties and anything called by our names. It also gives examples of combat prayers. Have faith and trust God. If God is for you, who can be against you?

Old 02-20-2009, 10:07 AM

39 posts, read 67,911 times
Where the enemy can take our power is when he gets us to believe his lies, and not trust the truth which is Gods word. Again Gods word is our sword to defeat the enemy. When you can recogonize within yourself, where he may be influencing your belief on something, thats when we can defeat that lie with Gods truth (word). This will stop the enemy in his tracts, and not allow a foothold for him.
THere is alot more I would like to share from a Bible Study I am attending on Deliverance, but can see that there has already been alot of wisdom already passed on and don't want to be repetative. It's something alot of churches do not teach, and I do not feel that believers are aware of the power and athority they have over the enemy. I would encourage you to continue to increase your knowledge with this and share any revelations you have ,with the Body of Christ, as we all could benefit from it.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:12 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I don't say this with insensitivity, but it's the life inside you that darkness can't touch. You can display crosses and play praise and worship all day long, but it's carnality in us that is prey for the darkness. Jesus said "the prince of this world comes, and has nothing in Me".

Praise Him constantly, and ask that whatever is in you (it's in all of us) that is not His life would be taken out, and that you would be filled with Him.

He is bulletproof.

little elmer, "BULLETPROOF" just strikes me, i would have just worded it a bit differently.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:49 PM

381 posts, read 798,948 times
hi,
i have a few comment about this:
Quote:
where the enemy can take our power is
I don't think he can according to the word:
John10:29 'my Father , who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can snatch them out of my hand." Jesus

'I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved. and will go out and find pasture.

Paul

Blessed be the God anf father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ. Eph 1:3

The word says so many times that Christ is above all and in all. We have this treasure where moth cannot corrupt.

He has already triumphed over all prinicipalities, dominions, and powers and made a spectacle of them.

The enemy is a defeated foe. Please remember he cannot, nor will he take any power.

In the name of Jesus Christ I exalt and praise you Lord and rebuke these words for the praise of Your Glory.

I'm not upset, but I'm casting it out. It is not true... Peace to you

Old 03-02-2009, 03:39 PM

5 posts, read 10,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acquanetta View Post
Yes, I have thought about this, and it pains me. I am afraid that Jack's presence in my house will make the entity or demon or whatever it was return.

- A
How are you doing? I hope you are not depressed and feeling hopeless.

Old 03-02-2009, 03:49 PM

47 posts, read 205,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McGroin View Post
How are you doing? I hope you are not depressed and feeling hopeless.
Well, it appears that my brother's presence in the house has something to do with the phenomena going on. He visited me last week, and shortly afterwards, the noises and cold spots in the house returned. I cleansed the house with prayer after he left, and things have quieted down again. But perhaps this entity hasn't really left?

- A

Old 03-08-2009, 11:50 AM

5 posts, read 10,451 times
Just remember this:

Quote:
On his arrival, Jesus found that Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days. Bethany was less than two miles from Jerusalem, and many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to comfort them in the loss of their brother. When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went out to meet him, but Mary stayed at home. "Lord," Martha said to Jesus, "if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But I know that even now God will give you whatever you ask."

Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."

Martha answered, "I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
Surely if Jesus has power over death, he has power over these agents of the Devil. All it takes is to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity