Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 02:45 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
According to Jehovah's Witnesses, those voices people think are from God or an angel aren't from God,but are voices from demons.

So in a sense,(the voices telling people to commit crimes and the angelic voices)they are from the same source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
It could be from demons. Remember,they were fallen angels.
They can transform.
They can imitate anything,including voices.

I used to hear voices calling my name when I was a child. It was a whisper like voice.
It always happened when I was alone. It would seem to come from somewhere on the side,as if someone was standing to the side of me.
But,I always kinda felt it was from something bad. I never thought they could have been an angel.
Mom told me you aren't supposed to answer them.
::Sigh::
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 02:23 AM

2 posts, read 3,404 times
I have heard His voice many times.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,404 times
one of the things that comes with it is His presence. after a while i learned to recognize that presence when some others were speaking. so i could hear his voice in some others.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,682 times
I heard God's voice one time. It was when I was talking to my boyfriend who I believe is my soulmate. At the time we were just dating and going through the ups and downs that go along with every relationship as it develops. Anyways one time we were talking to each other on Skype and I could feel that someone had entered the room I was in I could feel it on the back of my neck. And I sensed that someone was really in the room with me but it didn't scare me. Then I heard the voice of God say one word "wife", it was a clear male voice, all knowing and commanding but in a peaceful way. In this situation made me feel very very happy, as if our relationship had received his blessing. I instantly knew it was God, as if I had always known God and his voice. Another strange thing that I've noticed with my "soulmate" is that time feels/acts very strange when we are together. Its not as simple as saying "time flys when having fun" its very different than that. Its almost like time stands still, very different. Thats all. Hope this helps someone feel less crazy/alone in their experience , b/c I don't think you are.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:53 PM

192 posts, read 322,020 times
Yes, I too have heard the voice of God. One morning I was sleeping when I heard him call my name and said it was time to get up. It was like it was someone in the room with me. I continued sleeping when he called me again and this is the funny part, I responded, I heard you the first time. All of a sudden it was like a light went off and I said Oh Lord, I didn't know that was you, and then I could hear him laughing. NO LIE, I called my mom and shared the experience with her and she was like baby he has a sense of humor. You had a personal wake up call from our Father. I have heard his voice many times in my life sometimes for comfort other times for warning, wish I had listened to the warning. Obedience is better than sacrifice.

Old 02-19-2012, 07:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
have posted on this old thread since feb 2009, 16 times. i wont bother to repeat myself.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:53 PM

126 posts, read 81,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsunshine View Post
Yes, I too have heard the voice of God. One morning I was sleeping when I heard him call my name and said it was time to get up. It was like it was someone in the room with me. I continued sleeping when he called me again and this is the funny part, I responded, I heard you the first time. All of a sudden it was like a light went off and I said Oh Lord, I didn't know that was you, and then I could hear him laughing. NO LIE, I called my mom and shared the experience with her and she was like baby he has a sense of humor. You had a personal wake up call from our Father. I have heard his voice many times in my life sometimes for comfort other times for warning, wish I had listened to the warning. Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Sounds like sleep paralysis or a half a sleep dreaming brain.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:26 AM

14 posts, read 21,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeing View Post
one of the things that comes with it is His presence. after a while i learned to recognize that presence when some others were speaking. so i could hear his voice in some others.
Would you mind explaining this (the Presence) as specifically as you can? And how about some concrete examples of when you have heard what you say is God's voice?

Can you share any examples of when you've heard the voice but the Presence has not accompanied it? In those cases, what kind of things did the voice say?

Old 02-20-2012, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsunshine View Post
Okay, so can you explain any more of those times, especially the times of warning? I'm interested from an agnostic's point of view; I'm trying to get a sense of how often these warnings end up foreshadowing a real danger, and whether or not you could have reasonably anticipated that danger on your own.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rationalism View Post
Sounds like sleep paralysis or a half a sleep dreaming brain.
I'd say that if theism is true, then both your theory and hers are plausible. That's why I'm specifically interested in cases that seem to require knowledge that the person perceiving the voice probably didn't have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity