Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2014, 09:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am a Christian disciple (follower of Christ). There is no such thing as supernatural . . . just things not yet understood. None of us are "born again" while still in this physical body. That which is born of Flesh is Flesh. That which is born of Spirit is Spirit. When we die . . . we will be "born again" as Spirit. While we are in this physical body we are "born of God" (gennao=conceived/begotten of God) . . . embryo spirits. Mental illness is real. The devil is not and God is real. The devil is our inner drives that promotes our survival by indiscriminately seeking pleasure and avoiding pain. We have to discriminate for it. When we don't . . . that is the source of human evil.There is nothing that we do or do not do that can give God any Glory or detract from His Glory. It is human vanity and hubris to think we can. We are here because hearing real voices is a major sign of mental illness. Sensing God's presence and following His guidance within our consciousness through following our conscience is legitimate. In the time just before falling asleep or just before fully awakening . . . hearing voices is normal. BUT . . . following voices in your head while awake is not.
Careful, you might scare the devil out of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 05:40 PM

530 posts, read 903,336 times
Quote:
I am a Christian disciple (follower of Christ). There is no such thing as supernatural . . . just things not yet understood. None of us are "born again" while still in this physical body. That which is born of Flesh is Flesh. That which is born of Spirit is Spirit. When we die . . . we will be "born again" as Spirit. While we are in this physical body we are "born of God" (gennao=conceived/begotten of God) . . . embryo spirits. Mental illness is real. The devil is not and God is real. The devil is our inner drives that promotes our survival by indiscriminately seeking pleasure and avoiding pain. We have to discriminate for it. When we don't . . . that is the source of human evil.There is nothing that we do or do not do that can give God any Glory or detract from His Glory. It is human vanity and hubris to think we can. We are here because hearing real voices is a major sign of mental illness. Sensing God's presence and following His guidance within our consciousness through following our conscience is legitimate. In the time just before falling asleep or just before fully awakening . . . hearing voices is normal. BUT . . . following voices in your head while awake is not.

Hmmm Nicodemous unless a man be born again he can not enter the Kingdom of God. Isn't that in there? Never mind its a rhetorical question. You answered the question I asked if you were born again or a Christian. I see.

Anyhoo...for the others on the forum who believe That God speaks and has an ear to hear. Hear, continue to praise Him and Give God The Glory.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:27 AM

63,846 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
Hmmm Nicodemous unless a man be born again he can not enter the Kingdom of God. Isn't that in there? Never mind its a rhetorical question. You answered the question I asked if you were born again or a Christian. I see.
If you are "like the wind and goweth where it will, etc." as everyone who is "born again" of the Spirit . . . then you are some special human being . . . because I know of no human being while still in their physical body who can do that. Congratulations.
Quote:
Anyhoo...for the others on the forum who believe That God speaks and has an ear to hear. Hear, continue to praise Him and Give God The Glory.
Praise is nice . . . but we have no ability to give God any Glory. He IS Glory. You would be better off to "love God and each other"daily and repent when you don't as Christ instructed . . . if you want to please God. That is what real Christians do.

Old 03-03-2014, 12:40 AM

376 posts, read 419,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I was just wandering if anyone else out there had the same experience that I have had before.

Once when I was sleeping I heard a aubible voice say to me " When God speaks to your spirit you will know that it is God"
Hard to explain, but while the voice is loud and crystal clear, it's more like a "loud thought" put in your head.
Maybe that's not even the right explanation. Often it's more like a "loud knowing".

It must be that way because without my hearing aids I don't even hear a handgranate explode in the next room

Old 03-03-2014, 12:49 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Hard to explain, but while the voice is loud and crystal clear, it's more like a "loud thought" put in your head.
Maybe that's not even the right explanation. Often it's more like a "loud knowing".

It must be that way because without my hearing aids I don't even hear a handgranate explode in the next room
Yes, Whitewings - for me it is an inner knowing, an inner voice. It has never been an outer audible voice like the voice of a human that I ever heard and thought it was God speaking to me. I suppose that is possible, but has not been my personal experience. I remember how happy I was when I began to know the voice of God within me. It was many many years beyond the time I believed. I think that is because their were too many other voices of man (teachings of man) crowding his voice out for a long time.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:28 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,574,371 times
Quote:
If you are "like the wind and goweth where it will, etc." as everyone who is "born again" of the Spirit . . . then you are some special human being . . . because I know of no human being while still in their physical body who can do that. Congratulations. Praise is nice . . . but we have no ability to give God any Glory. He IS Glory. You would be better off to "love God and each other"daily and repent when you don't as Christ instructed . . . if you want to please God. That is what real Christians do.
We may not see eye to eye on some deeper things of God...but I'm definitely with you on this, especially the bolded part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yes, Whitewings - for me it is an inner knowing, an inner voice. It has never been an outer audible voice like the voice of a human that I ever heard and thought it was God speaking to me. I suppose that is possible, but has not been my personal experience. I remember how happy I was when I began to know the voice of God within me. It was many many years beyond the time I believed. I think that is because their were too many other voices of man (teachings of man) crowding his voice out for a long time.

I can relate Heartsong! I have heard God's inner voice a few times....

Old 03-03-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Sensing God's presence and following His guidance within our consciousness through following our conscience is legitimate. In the time just before falling asleep or just before fully awakening . . . hearing voices is normal. BUT . . . following voices in your head while awake is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
A good way to explain it, WhiteWings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Very true, Heartsong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I can relate Heartsong! I have heard God's inner voice a few times....
Amen!

Old 03-03-2014, 10:12 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,144,492 times
I was at the bar and was sure that I had enough. A voice said, "it is ok to order 1 more." "you will not be hungover tommorrow" I ordered 1 more and felt great the next day.

Old 03-04-2014, 05:30 PM

530 posts, read 903,336 times
Quote:
If you are "like the wind and goweth where it will, etc." as everyone who is "born again" of the Spirit . . . then you are some special human being . . . because I know of no human being while still in their physical body who can do that. Congratulations. Praise is nice . . . but we have no ability to give God any Glory. He IS Glory. You would be better off to "love God and each other"daily and repent when you don't as Christ instructed . . . if you want to please God. That is what real Christians do.

I was actually quoting the Bible John 3:3. No worries. Believe as you like.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisTime2010 View Post
I was actually quoting the Bible John 3:3. No worries. Believe as you like.
The reason you cannot see the Kingdom of God until you are born again is BECAUSE you have to die first to be born again as Spirit. He who is born of Spirit is Spirit . . . NOT flesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity