Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 05:38 PM

18 posts, read 22,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
FINALLY, a sane person....Rotting is not bad. It is good. It is because of rot that flowers grow.
Good luck to your journey, but I am still praying that one day you will be able to know christ and accept him so you can change the wrong path you are leading your soul to. God Bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 06:25 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,404,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Believer100 View Post
Good luck to your journey, but I am still praying that one day you will be able to know christ and accept him so you can change the wrong path you are leading your soul to. God Bless.

been there...done that...seriously serious....found out its all a myth.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:09 PM

689 posts, read 550,699 times
Quote:
It's a faith statement. You keep making statement out of your faith.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
A coworker of mine said that people who don't believe that Jesus is the son of God will go to hell, except Jews because they are the chosen People. I then told her that that would be the majority of the people on earth that would go to hell and she said, " That ' s damn right!"'
Is this how most Christians feel. does it say in the bible that you will go to hell if you don't believe in "the christian God"?
Here are some questions,

1. if earth is made for a purpose, that is, for you to choose God or not. what do you want after stepping out of earth. to be with someone you decided not to choose, or go your own way by yourself? ( why you have to stay with someone you refuse to accept His existence? )

2. it is all about the final judgment. you'll see a fair Judge. do you want Him to be a fair Judge or not? If so, an propesied accussor named Satan will jump on you. You'll lose your case under a fair judgment, as foretold. Now will you demand an unfair judgment or accept it then leave God? ( why you have to demand an unfair judgment in favor of you? )

The final question, after leaving God, where are you? and what do you have ? It's absolutely none, not even light nor love, as God is love and God is light. We call that place hell, you may have your own interpretation though.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
How could you say you've been there and proved eternal life was all a myth? As you were saying there is no life after death, if you really been there then you probably not saying the words you are saying right now. You keep believing what you only want to believe and listening not to the word of God but to yourself alone. Don't let yourself be blinded..you know what the truth is you just want to make an alibi so you will have your freedom here on earth and do whatever you wish not under the guidance of God. You may experience freedom but only in this life. Is there any instances that came to your mind what if there is really an eternal life..are you brave enough to suffer the consequences? Remember, there are thousands of testimony telling stories of NDE's but are there anyone who testifies that he died and came back to life saying there is really nothing there. Think about it. It is never too late. God is merciful.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:47 PM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Here are some questions,

1. if earth is made for a purpose, that is, for you to choose God or not. what do you want after stepping out of earth. to be with someone you decided not to choose, or go your own way by yourself? ( why you have to stay with someone you refuse to accept His existence? )
The Earth does not have a purpose. Only entities that have volition can have a purpose. (Plto discussed this a lot--maybe reading some of his writings would be a good idea.
Quote:

2. it is all about the final judgment. you'll see a fair Judge. do you want Him to be a fair Judge or not? If so, an propesied accussor named Satan will jump on you. You'll lose your case under a fair judgment, as foretold. Now will you demand an unfair judgment or accept it then leave God? ( why you have to demand an unfair judgmein favor of you? )
"fair"? Not according to 2 Thess ---forgot the exact cite--I think it is 2:3-10. This is where god promises to torture his creations because they don't shot out "praise the lord"

Quote:
The final question, after leaving God, where are you? and what do you have ? It's absolutely none, not even light nor love, as God is love and God is light. We call that place hell, you may have your own interpretation though.
When we die we all rot--so if you plan on doing any good, you better start now--time is running out. Maybe that scares you--but you're an adult--deal with it.

Last edited by dcashley; 03-03-2009 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: quote marks off

Old 03-03-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believer100 View Post
How could you say you've been there and proved eternal life was all a myth? As you were saying there is no life after death, if you really been there then you probably not saying the words you are saying right now. You keep believing what you only want to believe and listening not to the word of God but to yourself alone. Don't let yourself be blinded..you know what the truth is you just want to make an alibi so you will have your freedom here on earth and do whatever you wish not under the guidance of God. You may experience freedom but only in this life. Is there any instances that came to your mind what if there is really an eternal life..are you brave enough to suffer the consequences? Remember, there are thousands of testimony telling stories of NDE's but are there anyone who testifies that he died and came back to life saying there is really nothing there. Think about it. It is never too late. God is merciful.

You don't know me--you don't know where I may have been. You only know what I've been wiiling to share. For you to say otherwise is highly arrogant, and is the kind of tactics used by religionists for millenia.

Also, what us an "NDE?"

Old 03-03-2009, 10:22 PM

987 posts, read 1,120,732 times
Rev;

Thanks for sharing. It still doesnt really make sense to me, but many things I believe seem foreign to a lot of other people. What jumps out at me in what you shared though is that God told Adam he would die in the day he ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and Satan put doubt into Eve that what God said being true. If this physical body is not really us (and of course it isn't) and the soul goes on, then what is bad about death? Nothing. Yet the persons who penned the Bible say over and over again that death is our enemy, that Christ overcame death by his resurrection from the dead. Paul spoke of our hope being the resurrection of Christ. Many say that it is because now we can go be in heaven at the moment of our death. I used to believe that. I have since come to believe that there are several orders of resurrection as stated by Paul in 1 Corinthians and that our souls are not conscience between the death of these mortal bodies and our resurrection at some future time, though of course it would seem instantaneous to us. But, again, you have based your beliefs on extraneous influences and these seem the way to go to you.

I'm thankful when people can share differing viewpoints without resorting to accusations and name calling. I do look forward to the day when we all love with the love that flows and originates through the Father.

Blessings

Old 03-03-2009, 10:30 PM

[quote=dcashley;7723896]
Quote:
The Earth does not have a purpose.
Hello Dcashley, you deserve to form your own religion.

It is another statement made out of your faith. You can't prove it to back your statement up here, can you?

Old 03-04-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
You don't know me--you don't know where I may have been. You only know what I've been wiiling to share. For you to say otherwise is highly arrogant, and is the kind of tactics used by religionists for millenia.

Also, what us an "NDE?"
FYI, NDE is near death experiences. I will pray for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity