Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 12:18 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,338 times

Advertisements

Can someone recommend a KJV Bible with plenty of space for me to take my own notes? I'm not concerned about it being a Bible that already comes with notes. I'm just looking for something with more space to write because the two I have aren't designed for that. Thanks!

Lucy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 12:35 PM

29 posts, read 56,560 times
Hi there!

I am going to make a suggestion to you regarding a bible that I have that is awesome! It's not a KJV though. It's called the New Inductive Study Bible (it's a New American Standard). It has wide margins and teaches you how to study the bible inductively (for yourself). Precept Ministries International has put it together. Precept Ministries International: Bible Study Tools : Inductive Bible Study Resources : Bible Lessons : The Inductive Bible Study People

I am a Precept leader and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Best Blessings,
Biblgal

Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,686,338 times
Thank you! I'll take a look at it.

Lucy

Old 02-24-2009, 02:14 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,546,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegal View Post
Hi there!

I am going to make a suggestion to you regarding a bible that I have that is awesome! It's not a KJV though. It's called the New Inductive Study Bible (it's a New American Standard). It has wide margins and teaches you how to study the bible inductively (for yourself). Precept Ministries International has put it together. Precept Ministries International: Bible Study Tools : Inductive Bible Study Resources : Bible Lessons : The Inductive Bible Study People

I am a Precept leader and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Best Blessings,
Biblgal
Hey Biblegal...I have that particular Bible and went I through the Book of 1John using the inductive method...I got so much out of it and would like to do the book of James next. Also, I am a very big fan of Kay Arthur...I have soooo many of her books. I am going through, "Speak to my Heart, God" for the 8th time and I've given that particular book to seven of my friends. My husband and I paid a visit to Precept Ministeries in October when we were in Chattanooga...a beautiful facility! I think it's really cool that you are a Precept leader! God bless!!

Old 02-24-2009, 02:46 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,699,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
Hey Biblegal...I have that particular Bible and went I through the Book of 1John using the inductive method...I got so much out of it and would like to do the book of James next. Also, I am a very big fan of Kay Arthur...I have soooo many of her books. I am going through, "Speak to my Heart, God" for the 8th time and I've given that particular book to seven of my friends. My husband and I paid a visit to Precept Ministeries in October when we were in Chattanooga...a beautiful facility! I think it's really cool that you are a Precept leader! God bless!!
I also like Precept Ministries and after reading Biblegal post, I went and bought the Inductive Bible yesterday on-line.......it will be here in a couple of days. Looking forward to using it.
Thanks Carmac for coming along, your post is a encouragement and confirm to me, I'm going to really enjoy this...
I too have lot of Kay Arthur study books. I really enjoy her ministry.

Blessings

Old 02-24-2009, 03:55 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,546,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
I also like Precept Ministries and after reading Biblegal post, I went and bought the Inductive Bible yesterday on-line.......it will be here in a couple of days. Looking forward to using it.
Thanks Carmac for coming along, your post is a encouragement and confirm to me, I'm going to really enjoy this...
I too have lot of Kay Arthur study books. I really enjoy her ministry.

Blessings
It's good to hear that we enjoy the same things! And to know we've got another thing in common!! I know you'll love that Bible! If you're ever able to go see Kay Arthur in person....go! I went to one of her speaking engagment/siminars a few years ago with both of my daughters-in-law, and it was absolutely awesome!

Old 02-24-2009, 05:10 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,699,705 times

Old 03-06-2009, 11:14 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,600,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biblegal View Post
Hi there!

Best Blessings,
Biblgal
I began precept a couple of years ago but was in school so I had to put it on hold. But I also being in BSF seven year course and completed it several years ago. Precept requires a deeper study than BSF. But also BSF is free for 7 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity